Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California

Old 09-03-2010, 03:28 PM   #1
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
who widened their stock 20" wheels?

I heard someone in the inland empire area can widen the stock 20" wheels to fit a 315 nicely and no rubbing issues and looks great in the wheel well as the extra lip is on the inside. Someone told me and I forgot the name of the place.
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 04:23 PM   #2
BIGK909

Drives: 2010 Camaro LT/RS VR
do you remember how much they said it would cost?

-MRT V1.0, H&R Springs, Injen CAI
BIGK909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 04:45 PM   #3
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGK909 View Post
do you remember how much they said it would cost?
I didn't ask how much it cost, sorry. Shoot, I wish I remember the name of the place. I only remembered the conversation about widening the stock wheels after I saw a SS the other day on the freeway, and later the same car in a parking lot near work (didn't wait for owner to return to his car...I shoud have left him a note to call me), stock 20 polished wheels with meaty 315 tires and I can tell it wasn't just a stock 20" wrapped in wider tires because the meat is all inside the fender wheel as opposed to sticking out when just put wider tires and the inner lip is wider. It had the looked of shortened axles. Awesome to look at from behind.

Last edited by ffrcobra_65; 09-03-2010 at 10:29 PM.
Old 09-03-2010, 08:11 PM   #4
cterry
So Cal Race Team

Drives: 2010 Carmaro SS/RS
Love the look of big old fat meats in the back.
cterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 08:15 PM   #5
orange10s.c.

Drives: IOM 2SS RS M6 sunroof
I have a set of black and MS ready to go !! $850 + shipping
orange10s.c. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 05:18 PM   #6
SRT10KLLR

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
It costs $600 to widen the wheels to any width you want. I would suggest 10.75" because any wider with the 315 tire might rub. I had a set of rears widened to 10.75" and slapped on some NT 05R's in 315 without issue. I also had another set widened to 11" but I think they are going to need a spacer so it will not rub the plastic wheel liner.

Some have also widened the fronts and used adapters/spacers with success. I have an extra set of stock front if you want to go that way. Just have them widened and buy some adapters.
SRT10KLLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 11:50 PM   #7
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT10KLLR View Post
It costs $600 to widen the wheels to any width you want. I would suggest 10.75" because any wider with the 315 tire might rub. I had a set of rears widened to 10.75" and slapped on some NT 05R's in 315 without issue. I also had another set widened to 11" but I think they are going to need a spacer so it will not rub the plastic wheel liner.

Some have also widened the fronts and used adapters/spacers with success. I have an extra set of stock front if you want to go that way. Just have them widened and buy some adapters.
thanks bro. I would be looking at just widening the rears to fit 315s without rubbing or spacers. Is that possible?
Where did you have yours done and what was the turn around time? By chance you know Charlie at RPM motors He also mentioned a customer of his who has a silver SS with widened wheels?
Old 09-05-2010, 04:45 AM   #8
LittleMT
user bann'd

Drives: Chevy SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange10s.c. View Post
I have a set of black and MS ready to go !! $850 + shipping

wish you had a set of widened rears, not the fronts, and polished...

sigh.............

Chantilly Lace, the 2011 Rockabilly Jukebox..ADM built..617rwhp, geared A6.
LittleMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 04:47 AM   #9
SILVER BULLITT

Drives: 2010 SIM 2SS/RS MONSTER
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffrcobra_65 View Post
thanks bro. I would be looking at just widening the rears to fit 315s without rubbing or spacers. Is that possible?
Where did you have yours done and what was the turn around time? By chance you know Charlie at RPM motors He also mentioned a customer of his who has a silver SS with widened wheels?
yah he was talking about chris with the twin turbo sim! his wheels look good
HP MONSTER' SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA BUILT, LMR CAI, CUSTOM GRIND CAM, CUSTOM BUILT CNC PORTED AND POLISHED HEADS, FAST 102MM INTAKE MANIFOLD,ARH LONG TUBES AND HIGH FLOW CATS, BIGGER INJECTORS, VALVES SPRINGS RETAINERS, MGW SHORT SHIFTER, EIBACH SPRINGS, FACTORY CHROMED WHEELS, BLACKED OUT EMBLEMS, BLACKED OUT ROOF,BLACKED OUT MARKERS, 3.5 INCH ELECTRONIC CUTOUTS, FLOWMASTERS, ZEX WET 150 SHOT, FOR A GRAND TOTAL OF =630 REAR WHEEL TORQUE ,AND 600 REAR WHEEL HORSEPOWER
MY JOURNALhttp://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...02#post2023802 SOON TWIN TURBO SETUP
SILVER BULLITT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 04:50 AM   #10
SILVER BULLITT

but the way i see it these wheels are heavy as a tub of water already save your money and get aftermarket ( something way lighter ) no need to spend more money to add more weight to the already bricks IMO
HP MONSTER' SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA BUILT, LMR CAI, CUSTOM GRIND CAM, CUSTOM BUILT CNC PORTED AND POLISHED HEADS, FAST 102MM INTAKE MANIFOLD,ARH LONG TUBES AND HIGH FLOW CATS, BIGGER INJECTORS, VALVES SPRINGS RETAINERS, MGW SHORT SHIFTER, EIBACH SPRINGS, FACTORY CHROMED WHEELS, BLACKED OUT EMBLEMS, BLACKED OUT ROOF,BLACKED OUT MARKERS, 3.5 INCH ELECTRONIC CUTOUTS, FLOWMASTERS, ZEX WET 150 SHOT, FOR A GRAND TOTAL OF =630 REAR WHEEL TORQUE ,AND 600 REAR WHEEL HORSEPOWER
MY JOURNALhttp://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...02#post2023802 SOON TWIN TURBO SETUP
Old 09-06-2010, 12:25 AM   #11
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVER BULLITT View Post
but the way i see it these wheels are heavy as a tub of water already save your money and get aftermarket ( something way lighter ) no need to spend more money to add more weight to the already bricks IMO
that's true. I just really like the look of the stock wheels and I would only do the rears.
Old 09-06-2010, 12:52 AM   #12
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Yep. I want to widen the fronts and toss them out on the back moving the rears to the front. Cost is $600 from Cali guy. (plus shipping to him).

But, you say 315 is the widest you can go? No 335? I don't mind doing spacers if I need, but what IS possible?...spacer and no spacer?
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 02:04 PM   #13
SRT10KLLR

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
The first set widened were done to a width of 10.75" and that did not require any spacers for the Nitto NT 555R in 305 or the NT 05R in 315 but just barely. Any wider on the wheel or tire and it would rub a little unless you use a spacer. We actually used a 1/4" spacer to stick the wheel/tire out a little on purpose to give it a little more aggressive look/stance. The turn around time varies. Sometimes the shop is really busy but I have had very good luck with them in the past. My first set was done in like 2-3 days while my last set took about a week.

I have met Charlie at RPM as he helped with some tuning on the Orange Camaro. I also met the owner of the TT Camaro with the widened wheels.

Quote:
that's true. I just really like the look of the stock wheels and I would only do the rears.
Also, with the NT 05R's you can get very good grip on the street and the person in the other lane would never suspect you were anything but stock until the hamer dropped, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Yep. I want to widen the fronts and toss them out on the back moving the rears to the front. Cost is $600 from Cali guy. (plus shipping to him).

But, you say 315 is the widest you can go? No 335? I don't mind doing spacers if I need, but what IS possible?...spacer and no spacer?
If you are referring to me(Cali guy?). I never said or inferred that 315 is the widest you can go. You can go as wide as you wanted but you may have some rubbing issues. You can even slap the 315's on stock wheels if you wanted even though it is not recommended.

Nitto recommends an 11" wide wheel for tires that are 315 wide. I am sure you could do 335 without any problems. Widening the wheels to 11" or going to a wider tire or both I would consider using adapter to stick the wheels out so they don't rub. And IMO makes the car look that much better any ways.

If you want a set of fronts let me know as I have two fronts just sitting here in the garage. One of these days I will put them up for sale in the classified section as I don't need they I just wanted the rears from the complete set.
SRT10KLLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 02:26 PM   #14
SILVER BULLITT

Quote:
i agree with you that would be the only time to keep the stocks