Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 09-13-2010, 08:30 PM   #1
Jeremeymt

Drives: 2018 Hot Wheels 2LT
Changed my footwell lights

Ok originally i installed bright blue footwell lights and dome light. I loved them but i wanted something closer to the ambient lighting. I soon realized no one made that color until recently. I do realize AAC started making them but I didnt want to pay their price (not a knock to them). I found a vendor on ebay advertising "aqua blue" so I decided to take a chance and ordered them. Just installed them tonight and although they arent QUITE a perfect match its def close enough to satisfy me and for only $20 for the set I am more than happy! Its hard to tell from the pics but its a pretty good match. Might be a little more bluish than the ambient lighting but not too bad.
Attached Images

Jeremeymt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 09:06 PM   #2
PatrickfromMD

Drives: Buick Enclave/Corvette/2010 Camaro
Cool, Does this vendor sell other Camaro lighting products?

***56K miles and still going strong***
2SS/RS IOM ext w/cyber grey stripes, tinted windows, IO int Auto
ProTorque prototype Converter, Chuck Mosello of Westchester Corvettes Custom Tune
T&T installed SLP Longtubes, Powerflow X Pipe, and Powerflow axle back
JL 10W3 in custom side sub box, new door tweeters, Alpine 5ch 600 watt
T&T configured ACS front Fascia w/ heritage grill, splitter, dual color halos, , led markers, taillight bezels , all accented in CGM
Gary Custom Z vented fenders. Vararam ver 2
PatrickfromMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 09:08 PM   #3
Jeremeymt

He just sells universal lighting products. Nothing really specific like bulbs. I did not get a dome light to match these because he doesnt sell dome lights. He has led license plates, turn signals to put on sideview mirrors, and then lots of LED strips like the one I bought.
Old 09-13-2010, 09:13 PM   #4
txrhino

Drives: '10 LT1 CGM "Sweet Emotion"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremeymt View Post
Ok originally i installed bright blue footwell lights and dome light. I loved them but i wanted something closer to the ambient lighting. I soon realized no one made that color until recently. I do realize AAC started making them but I didnt want to pay their price (not a knock to them). I found a vendor on ebay advertising "aqua blue" so I decided to take a chance and ordered them. Just installed them tonight and although they arent QUITE a perfect match its def close enough to satisfy me and for only $20 for the set I am more than happy! Its hard to tell from the pics but its a pretty good match. Might be a little more bluish than the ambient lighting but not too bad.
I am working on an exact match footwell lighting set up. I am using the OEM light pipe found in the door ABL with the GM LEDs (perfect match!). These will not be bright but just an accent light in the footwell area or any other place you want to add them. I have been busy with training at work but should have some time to work on it this week. The floor area is soooo dark in a black interior and this mod helps a bunch. Great find!

Kevin
Txrhino

If anyone is interested in the exact match set up PM me.
FLATBLACK STRIPES w/ RED PINSTRIPING, SUBWOOFER ON BA SYSTEM, ABL DOOR PANELS, BLACKWING INTAKE, GREY MATS, CARBON FIBER BOWTIES & A CUSTOM ENGINE COVER SEE MY ALBUM FOR PICTURES! THANKS CAMARO5.COM MEMBERS!!!
txrhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 09:23 PM   #5
Jeremeymt

Awesome! Good luck to you! Its such a specific color it seems.
Old 09-14-2010, 09:50 AM   #6
txrhino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremeymt View Post
Awesome! Good luck to you! Its such a specific color it seems.
Yea I tried a few different options most seemed too blue. The GM LED is the only way to gurantee a perfect match.

Do you want a bright light or just an accent light?

Here is a picture of what i have right now.

Kevin
Txrhino
Attached Images

FLATBLACK STRIPES w/ RED PINSTRIPING, SUBWOOFER ON BA SYSTEM, ABL DOOR PANELS, BLACKWING INTAKE, GREY MATS, CARBON FIBER BOWTIES & A CUSTOM ENGINE COVER SEE MY ALBUM FOR PICTURES! THANKS CAMARO5.COM MEMBERS!!!
Old 09-14-2010, 09:58 AM   #7
Merc
In The Circle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by txrhino View Post
Yea I tried a few different options most seemed too blue. The GM LED is the only way to gurantee a perfect match.

Do you want a bright light or just an accent light?

Here is a picture of what i have right now.

Kevin
Txrhino
What site and how $$ ?
Merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 10:08 AM   #8
Jeremeymt

I like it to be bright enough to light up the footwell area. The one I bought has 12 LEDs on each tube. The ones I had before had 24 LEDs on it and was super bright.
Old 09-14-2010, 10:11 AM   #9
franknbeans
Whipped

Drives: 2010 CAMARO
I grabbed the OEM LED's and did this also. . . I used the connectors that was suppose to be for the dash ABL. I tried the dash ABL thing and it didn't look good enough for me, thus I moved it to the foot well lighting.

It's not very bright at all tough.

Old 09-14-2010, 10:11 AM   #10
franknbeans
Whipped

Drives: 2010 CAMARO
I'm thinking about grabbing two more LED's and have them on both sides of the light tube.
Old 09-14-2010, 10:17 AM   #11
Jeremeymt

Oh wow pretty dim. I'd say if you are gonna have footwell lighting it should be seen!
Old 09-14-2010, 10:30 AM   #12
txrhino

Quote:
Originally Posted by franknbeans View Post
I grabbed the OEM LED's and did this also. . . I used the connectors that was suppose to be for the dash ABL. I tried the dash ABL thing and it didn't look good enough for me, thus I moved it to the foot well lighting.

It's not very bright at all tough.

THAT'S it exactly,,,,,,I personally don't want it bright just an accent. I am not using as long of a piece of the light pipe as you did and still get a good glow in the footwells. The OEM light pipe has to be "aimed" using the reflector strip on the backside so depending on where you aim it also contributes how bright it appears.

Kevin
Txrhino

Last edited by txrhino; 09-14-2010 at 10:41 AM.
Old 09-17-2010, 04:39 PM   #13
BIGK909

Drives: 2010 Camaro LT/RS VR
can any of you who have done the footwell lighting explain to me in detail on how to wire it?

-MRT V1.0, H&R Springs, Injen CAI
BIGK909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 05:53 PM   #14
BIGK909

Drives: 2010 Camaro LT/RS VR
nvm i got it
thanks for the info

-MRT V1.0, H&R Springs, Injen CAI
BIGK909 is offline   Reply With Quote