Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2013, 01:58 PM   #29
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
Its not the fastest V6 performance coupe out there, but it is not the slowest either. It easily looks the best, and handles just as good if not better than the rest. And aftermarket support is second only to the Mustang.
Old 02-20-2013, 04:16 PM   #30
Deki

Drives: 2018 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Normagene View Post
Show me the money! I'm not knocking the V-6, this was just a "make pretend" (if I was King) fantasy thought. Why, because I'd love for GM to have a Supercar Division. No watered down versions and only the best of everything. Now in my opinion the new Camaro is the BEST looking car on the market bar-none. Way better looking than the Super Snake, Challenger, or Charger. So it would be the perfect prototype in GM's Supercar Division. Oh forgot the Viper, I think it is UGLY, fast, but UGLY. Now the new 2014 Stingray looks really nice (have to see it in person) and I'm considering it as a birthday/anniversary gift for my husband. The new Camaro for now is by far the best looking car on the market. It's sexy and yet mean as hell looking, just has that bad boy looking for trouble stance. Can you think/imagine a better pick than the Camaro to head the new GM Supercar Division. No way!

Ford did give it a try back in 2005/6 with the Ford GT seems like Americans can't buy the idea of an American Supercar. Plus I think it also was ugly.

Mr incredible, we all know the speed limits. My goal, as soon as the good weather gets here, is to set a new personal speed record. 153 is the old and now that you keep harping on 65, that is now my new goal! Well, that's with a one in front. No I don't ever weave in and out of traffic or drive like a mad woman. I do have my spot though, and if there are NO cars in front, just a clear shot, I will open her up and go for my new target. Yes, you just may read about it in the papers/Internet (if something goes wrong) I would guess either in the "police log" or the obituaries. I do have a need for speed and I love the adrenaline high. If that's the way I go, remember that movie and they're dropping the bomb, the bomb door is stuck and pops opens so he rides the bomb down hoot'n and hollering yahoo! That will be me! Like Tom hanks said "there's no crying in baseball" yeah I'm willing to risk it all for the high!
I don't even know what to say to this. You know nothing about business, the automotive world, or apparently, according to your last post, common sense. I'm glad you don't live in my state...
Old 02-20-2013, 04:30 PM   #31
Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Mr incredible, we all know the speed limits. My goal, as soon as the good weather gets here, is to set a new personal speed record. 153 is the old and now that you keep harping on 65, that is now my new goal! Well, that's with a one in front. No I don't ever weave in and out of traffic or drive like a mad woman. I do have my spot though, and if there are NO cars in front, just a clear shot, I will open her up and go for my new target. Yes, you just may read about it in the papers/Internet (if something goes wrong) I would guess either in the "police log" or the obituaries. I do have a need for speed and I love the adrenaline high. If that's the way I go, remember that movie and they're dropping the bomb, the bomb door is stuck and pops opens so he rides the bomb down hoot'n and hollering yahoo! That will be me! Like Tom hanks said "there's no crying in baseball" yeah I'm willing to risk it all for the high!

Idiots like you are why my first wife died @ age 22.. take your need for speed to the track this way you only kill yourself and not some innocent person.
Old 02-20-2013, 04:36 PM   #32
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deki View Post
I don't even know what to say to this. You know nothing about business, the automotive world, or apparently, according to your last post, common sense. I'm glad you don't live in my state...
I feel the same way...
Old 02-20-2013, 04:37 PM   #33
Lou_Dorchen

Drives: Jeep
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. iNCREDIBLE View Post
Idiots like you are why my first wife died @ age 22.. take your need for speed to the track this way you only kill yourself and not some innocent person.
Yeah, going that fast on a public road is sheer stupidity.

We have the "Texas Mile" here in Texas. It's a 1 1/2 mile straightaway made so cars can get up to over 200mph. If you must get your car up to 150+, I'd suggest doing it at a place like that that is designed for it.
Old 02-20-2013, 05:11 PM   #34
Normagene

Drives: 2013 Ashen Gray M6 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deki View Post
Already retired, easily 10 to 20 years younger than most Retirees. So I do know a little about running a business successfully. Never been in accident. Only speed when I'M THE ONLY ONE ON THE ROAD. Definitely gana try out the texas hi-way. Mr incredible, Sorry for your lost, especially at such a young age, but I had nothing to do with it and like I said I never speed unless I'm the only vehicle on the road. Depending on whom you know, you can always get a section of road temporarily closed so you're the only person on the road. I take responsibility for all my actions.
Old 02-20-2013, 05:16 PM   #35
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Already retired, easily 10 to 20 years younger than most Retirees. So I do know a little about running a business successfully. Never been in accident. Only speed when I'M THE ONLY ONE ON THE ROAD. Definitely gana try out the texas hi-way. Mr incredible, Sorry for your lost, especially at such a young age, but I had nothing to do with it and like I said I never speed unless I'm the only vehicle on the road. Depending on whom you know, you can always get a section of road temporarily closed so you're the only person on the road. I take responsibility for all my actions.
Famous last words said just before, OH SHI..............
Old 02-20-2013, 05:16 PM   #36
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Couple of things. First, have you heard of the Texas Mile??? Second, how can you bring a dead person back to life? You may think you are alone, but can you ever be certain???
Old 02-20-2013, 05:23 PM   #37
Normagene

Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
Couple of things. First, have you heard of the Texas Mile??? Second, how can you bring a dead person back to life? You may think you are alone, but can you ever be certain???
I have, you can't, and there are no certainties in life.
Old 02-20-2013, 05:26 PM   #38
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
I have, you can't, and there are no certainties in life.
You can be certain that you won't kill someone else speeding if you don't speed.

I'm done here.
Old 02-20-2013, 05:33 PM   #39
Normagene

Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
You can be certain that you won't kill someone else speeding if you don't speed.

I'm done here.
You mean don't drive, auto accidents kill at any/every speed.
Old 02-20-2013, 05:45 PM   #40
rock1962

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Quote:
Show me the money! I'm not knocking the V-6, this was just a "make pretend" (if I was King) fantasy thought. Why, because I'd love for GM to have a Supercar Division. No watered down versions and only the best of everything. Now in my opinion the new Camaro is the BEST looking car on the market bar-none. Way better looking than the Super Snake, Challenger, or Charger. So it would be the perfect prototype in GM's Supercar Division. Oh forgot the Viper, I think it is UGLY, fast, but UGLY. Now the new 2014 Stingray looks really nice (have to see it in person) and I'm considering it as a birthday/anniversary gift for my husband. The new Camaro for now is by far the best looking car on the market. It's sexy and yet mean as hell looking, just has that bad boy looking for trouble stance. Can you think/imagine a better pick than the Camaro to head the new GM Supercar Division. No way!

Ford did give it a try back in 2005/6 with the Ford GT seems like Americans can't buy the idea of an American Supercar. Plus I think it also was ugly.

If you are serious you should not be allowed to drive a motorized vehicle on a public road. Take the car to the track.
Old 02-20-2013, 06:22 PM   #41
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Isn't mind boggling...the thought process of some out there?
Old 02-20-2013, 06:23 PM   #42
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Looking at 2013 specs...

Yes, the V6 Camaro make more HP... 323 HP to 305 HP... However, Mustang basically same torque! So with the Mustang being lighter and a live axle vs independent, it is going to be faster in the 1/4 mile..

V6 Camaro torque : 278@4800 RPM
V6 Mustang torque : 280@4250 RPM

And that 2010 Mustang GT that had only 300 HP, it has 325 fl/lbs of torque! (@4250 RPM)

Closed Thread