Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Other Generations > 3rd Generation Camaros

Old 11-14-2011, 08:23 AM   #57
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jkel View Post
You are doing a great job on this thing Norm.....Sean will get a great car when it is done.
It's getting there!

Driveway getting real busy!

Old 11-14-2011, 08:25 AM   #58
Camarowguy

Drives: 2011 imperial blue SS, black 92 RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
It's getting there!

Driveway getting real busy!

You get the steering wheel pics?
2004 5.7 GTO 78mm turbo
Camarowguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 09:08 AM   #59
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
The paint work you did came out great.
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 09:54 AM   #60
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Looking good!!!
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 10:23 AM   #61
toesuf94

Drives: THR #11 E-force supercharged
Send a message via MSN to toesuf94
The Aluminum driveshaft should be there...that is standard Z28 and 1LE kit. Awesome car...looking really good...except for the sharpie...
Old 11-14-2011, 11:05 AM   #62
garcmol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jkel View Post
The paint work you did came out great.
ugh, so so. Not the smoothest or very even, but it's not busted up anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IROCanSS View Post
Looking good!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by toesuf94 View Post
The Aluminum driveshaft should be there...that is standard Z28 and 1LE kit. Awesome car...looking really good...except for the sharpie...
Ha ha, the sharpie is sort of an inside joke. I don't have the RPO 1LE, but everything I've read said mid year, the B4C got the larger front rotors. I haven't measured them yet. My car was built Oct '90 so it may the smaller rotors. I know mid year (whenever that was) they began putting the 1LE brakes on. I gotta check.
Old 11-14-2011, 11:11 AM   #63
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Oh don't worry about the eveness....I got just the trick for that.........
Old 11-15-2011, 09:45 PM   #64
camarosc35

Drives: 1989 Camaro RS (435+hp, 435 lb./ft)
My first third gen was mauve (light blue), the rest white until this one I have now which was originally black but was repainted burnt orange. But, I drove white 3rd gens for over a decade; Sean is sure lucky for this gift!!
camarosc35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 11:16 AM   #65
KMK454

Drives: 91 B4C Camaro
Garcmol,

Just found this thread. Awesome car you have there. For reference, here's my B4C.

It's a 1991 B4C with the LB9 and T5 manual. The car has just under 19k miles on it. A dealership special ordered it as a B4C with no intent of selling to a federal or state agency; they wanted a factory sleeper and took the slap on the wrist from GM after the fact. The car was never placed in police service.

My car, like yours (based on your RPO sheet) does not have 1LE. In 1991, early B4C models were unavailable with 1LE. In the later production run, 1LE became standard through 1992. The only thing you are missing by not having 1LE is larger front brakes. Otherwise, a B4C comes factory with every performance option that a Z28 G92 car would have. Essentially, the car is a Z28 with RS body work, which I prefer to the Z28 high-rise wing.

Here it is at last year's F-Body Gathering:

Here's the interior - note that I have the radio delete panel in. My car came with 4 factory speakers and the previous owner installed an aftermarket radio. I took that out, put in a NOS radio delete panel, and behind the panel I placed a small amplifier with an audio aux input. This input comes out of the ashtray and plugs into an ipod headphone jack, meaning I can play MP3s over the four factory speakers. It's a pretty neat system.

TPI:

Here it is with the original Good Years on it:

Where are you located in Alabama? I'm in the panhandle.
KMK454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 10:44 AM   #66
garcmol

Very cool! I was at F Body last year, but hadn't gotten this car yet. The goal is to get the passenger fender painted before May and get the steering wheel installed. It still needs some work. My son will be driving it as I'm giving it to him in May IF he keeps his grades up.

Same, a previous owner put a radio in, but I'm going to leave it there. I do like how you set up your amp though! Gorgeous car and WOW on those miles! Until I figured out the B4C deal, I was all kinds of confused with this car. But yep, I call it my Sleeper "Z"

I'm just inside Alabama next to Columbus, Georgia
Old 04-09-2012, 06:16 AM   #67
garcmol

Finally! Well, this past week I decided the '91 needed some attention. Thanks to Camarowguy, I know have the stock steering wheel installed in my car. Thanks so much!

Since my last post, and just before that, it seems the months have been filled with one tragedy in life after another. The house is finally getting to what seems back to normal. Still can't get a car in the garage as it's filled with my Mother's belongings and we're sorting through all of that.

And what would be working on the car without a little pain? I was cranking down the nut that holds the steering wheel on. Had my trusty long torque wrench with an extension on it and was really cranking it down. Using both hands and arms to get those last couple of 1/4 turns in, socket slips off and POW!!!! Well managed to punch myself in the face with two fists and a torque wrench Not only a facepalm, but two hands to catch the blood that seemed to never end. Broke my nose before and may have done it again.

After all that and some clean up (of me and the car) I took some pictures. Enjoy!
Attached Images

Old 04-09-2012, 06:41 AM   #68
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
Had my trusty long torque wrench with an extension on it and was really cranking it down. Using both hands and arms to get those last couple of 1/4 turns in, socket slips off and POW!!!! Well managed to punch myself in the face with two fists and a torque wrench Not only a facepalm, but two hands to catch the blood that seemed to never end. Broke my nose before and may have done it again.

I told you not to talk to Maria like that......Guess she got tired and whooped you up.........
Old 04-09-2012, 07:44 AM   #69
garcmol

Oh man, it's killin' me. And Maria would have hit me more than once!

Whoever put that wheel in this car cut the clips for the airbag and really jacked up the wiring. I've got to get back in there again cause the highbeam switch isn't working.
Old 04-09-2012, 07:54 AM   #70
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Oh they joys of used cars especially older ones...well at least you have the skills to fix it up.

Tell Maria I have the name of a counselor...LOL

Hey Kel e-mailed her...don't know if she got it.....