Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-14-2009, 11:30 PM   #1
gmag21
gmag21

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to gmag21 Send a message via Skype™ to gmag21
Ive never been so freaked out in my life...

I got my camaro on Saturday with 15 miles. Well I know about the break-in procedure so I have been loading the RPM's consistently (not speeding). I go to school at UL (university of louisiana at lafayette) and I was driving my car tonight to put some more miles on and continue with the break-in procedure. About every other light I would punch it to about 40mph and let off the gas- still not speeding but accelerating hard so my ECU will be adaptive to a more aggressive style of driving
So, as I'm going back to my apartment, I notice this car following me.. Me and my roomate were unsure if he was following me at first; so we took some random turns and what do u know?? He followed EXACTLY everywhere I went. I noticed he was on the phone too.. I started getting paranoid after about 15 mins. of constant following. After turning on a stretch of long road, I found a nice open space that gave me an oppurtunity of turning around to lose this potential physco.. I thought my life was in danger cause me and my roommate were thinkin he was out to kill us or something. So I accelerated away from him and then immediatly put the brakes on and took a U-Turn and started going the opposite way.. I look in my rear-view and theres a cop on my ass! I realize now this guy was on the phone with the police calling my "speeding" (frequent acceleration) in! So I pulled over (scared shitless still) and like 3 or 4 other cops pull into the parking lot and I was still parked, waiting for the police officer to come to my window to tell me what I did; and all he did was gesture his finger for me to step out of the car. I showed him my license/registration and everything but he had the intentions that I stole the car or something 'cause it had temporary plates and I JUST HAPPENED to be wearing my chain (kinda looks "gangster") so he was thinkin I was a bad kid or something. I told him that I'm a petroleum engineer major and this is my first time to be pulled over. He wanted to call my dad so he talked to my dad and told him that this citizen thought I was DRUNK, accelerating and slowing down randomly; which is understandable, yet the guy gave me the impression that I was being chased and potentially had my my life in DANGER, which is why I made the "illegal U-Turn". Thats what I got a citation for; "Illegal U-Turn" nothing else. If I didnt make that U-Turn in fear of getting away from this guy, nothing would had happened.

Grant.

first ticket on the record after 2 days of L99.. wow

L99 | Billyboat Exhaust, American Racing Headers, Pfadt Springs and Sways, Tune | 350 whp / 371 tq

Last edited by gmag21; 09-14-2009 at 11:51 PM.
gmag21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 11:40 PM   #2
lil_chef
Banned

Drives: 2010 Mustang GT
if you had gotten the LS3 you would'nt have to break in the car aggressively, ahh the perks of a stick. :P

sorry about your luck
lil_chef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 11:41 PM   #3
gmag21
gmag21

Did I mention Robo Dike too? GOSH this cop chick seriously had the WORST attitude I've ever encountered! She seemed like the only thing she wanted to do was cause stress and give an impression of being the chief badass by responding to everything I said with a "Dont even try it; save it, we know what you were doing" or "DONT PUT YOUR HANDS IN YOUR POCKET" . They treated me like I was criminal who was on his way back from a bank robbery or something..

L99 | Billyboat Exhaust, American Racing Headers, Pfadt Springs and Sways, Tune | 350 whp / 371 tq
Old 09-14-2009, 11:45 PM   #4
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Hate people who do this. Same thing happened to my brother and they put eradic driver. BS that people can call and do this. Anyone can lie and have a bunch of friends call in the same plate. BS
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 11:46 PM   #5
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
if you dont mind me asking, whats your nationalality? And before this gets out of hand,Yes you are american, but whats your background. I dont want any patriotic people coming in and getting angry.
Just curious...
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 11:48 PM   #6
gmag21
gmag21

Im American. I dont really have much other background. White Caucasion - my parents told me I have a tad bit of Scottish but thats it man. I know boring right?

Grant

Old 09-15-2009, 12:02 AM   #7
jayson71

Drives: 2010 Victory Red Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
if you dont mind me asking, whats your nationalality? And before this gets out of hand,Yes you are american, but whats your background. I dont want any patriotic people coming in and getting angry.
Just curious...
My neighbor claims he is pulled over because of being hispanic. Problem is 80% of the backwater town I live in is hispanic. My neighbor gets pulled over because the cops here know how he drives, refuses to keep a plate on the front bumper, tints his windows beyond limits and aggitates the cops while conversing with them. Flip side the neighbor on the otherside of me also hispanic same style car except for the windows and plate, same age group, no cop trouble.

Not saying it doesn't exsist but it should not be used as a pass either. Not upset or even perturbed just my two bits.
jayson71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 12:14 AM   #8
Mason44

Drives: 2011 2SS
Sounds like the cops were just a little bit mad or something. Heck the cops here would have understood the reason for the u-turn when someone is following you.
Mason44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 12:25 AM   #9
two_wheel_mayhem
Would rather be riding

Drives: No car no more
Cant stand citizen commandos.

Mind your own damn business.

Plus I know a few cops, and they get annoyed by these people calling from their cars complaining, usually they can't find the perp but they still have to look.
two_wheel_mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 12:26 AM   #10
JewelZ
Just Lovin' My Camaro!

Drives: CGM 2LT/RS/AUTO
Idiot profiling you. I had a similar issue when I went to the gas station one night with black sweats and a black shirt on. I am 22 years older and may not come off to be as a young diamond retail jewelry business owner when I am not in a tie and slacks. But I wear dress clothes all day so when I am not at work I like to dress down and baggy because it is more comfortable. I got out of my car to go in and grab a smokes and the guy at the counter looks at me looks out at my car and goes 'hmph'. As I was walking out I hit the autostart, I get in my car and I see the guy pick up his phone and real quick he hit buttons on the keypad. I could tell he didn't dial many numbers so I assumed he was calling the cops. Instead of leaving and driving off I got out of the car, opened the pack, and lit one up. The cops came by sure enough, I didn't wait for the cop to leave before I could pull out sure enough they followed me into my subdivision which is down the street, and just to clarify I live in a 5 bedroom house in a gorgeous high class area of my city. I pulled into my garage and watched the cops roll by, and just waived them off. I can't stand people like that who just would give you a harder time because you were wearing a long 'gangster' chain. I make custom charms ,chains, and even custom wedding jewelry. I have seen guys spend 5k on a wedding ring, I have seen urban artists spend 5k on a custom music label pieces, there is no need to judge either of them.

NJHKKM $29,965.00 1EH37 1100 03/28/2009 AFF, B34, DCP, FE9, GBV, LLT, MX0, SGC, UQA, WRS, 2LT

50 YEARS FROM NOW, DON'T YOU WANNA BE ABLE TO LOOK BACK AND SAY YOU HAD THE GUTS TO GET INTO THE CAR!?!?

ORDER STATUS : 6000 as of 08.18.2009. VIN# 33,985!!! His name is 'GOLIATH'!!!

GOT MY CAR!!!! AND I LOVE IT!!!!
JewelZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 01:41 AM   #11
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Don't you guys know you're supposed to dress like bankers until bed time? Sheesh! Everyone knows that.

OP, I know the feeling though. I used to drive 18 wheelers and had a guy follow me for over 75 miles at 2 to around 3:30 one morning. It was interstate and foggy so may not seem so bad but during the time I had slowed down for him to pass me but he didn't. Then I'd speed up to 75 and he'd stay right behind me. One time I slowed all the way down to 25 mph and he just stayed right behind me. Empty flatbed so I could see him the whole time behind my trailer and he wasn't a cop. I ALLWAYS have a loaded weapon on me but in a commercial vehicle it's illegal. (unless the job calls for it) I got totaly freaked out. I could tell it wasn't a cop or trooper or county so I was pretty nervous without a gun. Eventually, after exiting and the guy still following on the state highway, he turned off.

You shouldn't have gotten that ticket. Next time though, I'd call the cops on the cell. I should have that morning but felt kinda stupid.
Old 09-15-2009, 06:19 AM   #12
97one

Drives: 2016 & 1967 Camaro, 2015 Impala, +1
[QUOTE=lil_chef;924498]if you had gotten the LS3 you would'nt have to break in the car aggressively, ahh the perks of a stick. :P

What does a STICK have to do with break in ? .........

97one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 06:36 AM   #13
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Getting pulled over 101...... KEEP your hands in sight at all times and keep them out of your pockets ....... Really do you blame them for talking the way they do, with a large percentage of people running around with weapons ..... It only takes one to make their day go very bad....
Old 09-15-2009, 06:37 AM   #14
HDDAN

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS 2007 HD FLSTC
You can't win an argument with a cop on the side of the highway. The way that you re-act to the cop has a lot to do with the outcome of the stop. I once asked a cop how I could keep him from ticketing me and he told me three things,
1. Don't treat me like I'm stupid. (Why did you pull me over ossifer?) When you know that you were 25 mph over the limit.
2. Don't call me a liar. ("You were speeding". No, I wasn't ossifer.)
3. Don't disrespect me.( Do you know who I am? MY uncle will have your job for this.)
As far as the profiling goes, I know that when a cop sees my 2010 SS he will profile me. Of course he will. Wouldn't you? Do we buy the 6.2 liter V-8 to go slowly? You did a Bootlegger turn and you wonder why they stopped you? Some A-hole called the law on you and if they ignored the call and you were indeed drunk and killed someone, they would be in a world of trouble. I am not a cop. I am not defending the cops that stopped you. When I get pulled over, I do not speak unless spoken to. I do not deny what the cop accuses me of and I use the manners that I was taught as a child. I call the cop sir even though they are usually half my age and I have gotten all warnings and no citations since I was told those three things. Even when I was caught dead to right going 130 mph on a 1000 cc Ninja.
HDDAN is offline   Reply With Quote