Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 04-19-2012, 12:05 PM   #855
alex70olds
~~*~~

Drives: 2012 ZL1 #141
Quote:
Originally Posted by jleews6 View Post
Not smoking anything but have been around this stuff and drag racing for 30 years. It will happen. Lingenfelter had enough MPH to run well into the tens.
Didn't they already run 10.794 @ 134.36 with bolt ons? I could be wrong, but remember something like that
Old 04-19-2012, 12:29 PM   #856
SIRLOIN
Banned

Drives: Ms. Daisy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
That is all you will hear from him... It's standard operating procedure...
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing View Post
all I really here is you crying... most of it unjustified.
Oh really? Crying? No crying coming from this direction, EVER, and personally i take offense to that...

Just cause i post from time to time, things about the Zl1 that you guys might not like, thats crying? God forbid anyone bring anything other to the table then swinging off the nuts of the ZL1 or Camaro.

UNJUSTIFIED? Really? So by me saying that a ZL1 with heads/cam/pullies/tune/ported tb/ported sc/intake/race gas/dr's/skinnies/850+hp and a crap load of money, breaking into the 10's isn't that impressive, thats unjustified?

That's an absurd amount of mods and money, not to mention the fact it's using RACE GAS, and that those are FAR from your typical bolt ons, just to break into 10's. Thats an unjustified response by someone to say, not too impressed?

Is it also unjustified or crying to say that all the stock times from the ZL1 we have seen excluding ONE from a magazine, have been a dissapointment, and not living up to GM's claims? Especially after all the hype and banter coming from AL O and team Camaro saying the Z will still dominate it's direct/main compeitor the Shelby.

I personally have praised the ZL1 countless amounts of times, and have even made a whole thread telling everyone that if i were to pull the trigger on a ZL1 or Shelby, it would be the Z hands down as my pick. I even went into detail about my dislikes on the Shelby and why i would't choose it.

Let me make this clear. Nobody here is dogging the ZL1. It is a badass car no doubt about it! But from what we have seen, and all the hype and trash talking, things have been a little dissapointing. Can't really deny that from what we have seen so far.

So when someone post's up their dissapointments,(which they should be allowed to) stop calling for thread closure's, and calling people whiners, or crying, bitching ect... IMO all these post's and threads about the Z's problems and times ARE JUSTIFIED. If you disagree with what someone post's, try adding something to the conversation. If you got nothing to add then don't read the post.

Rant over.......Lets get back on topic now...
SIRLOIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 12:32 PM   #857
hognutz

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex70olds View Post
Didn't they already run 10.794 @ 134.36 with bolt ons? I could be wrong, but remember something like that
ported heads, cam, race gas. no headers. with the mods they put on they just just be running slicks IMO unless they are worried about breakage. they havae a race tune why not race tires.

it is a wierd mix of mods IMO but I think they are trying to stay legal on the exhaust side.

I would like to see some more tunning on the red car it is mild mix of bolt on's. the red car with longtubes as opposed to race gas is what I have in my head.

if that got me to 10's I don't care what any ford owner says or does that would be minimal mods to get to 10's.
2013 ZL1 -sold
2007 Z06- sold
2014 Chrysler 300
2011 Duramax 8" lift, deleted tuned
hognutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 12:32 PM   #858
SIRLOIN
Banned

Quote:
Didn't they already run 10.794 @ 134.36 with bolt ons?
It did break into the 10's, however i wouldn't say with just bolt-ons. Have you read that mod list? It's extensive. When your taking half the engine apart, your far beyond bolt-ons.
Old 04-19-2012, 12:35 PM   #859
jleews6

Drives: mustangs
Quote:
No, That was with heads and cam also. The bolt on car went 11.0 @130. There is still some things (bolt ons) that they haven't done to that car yet.
I say that within a month or so we will see it and if not this fall we will see some big numbers from bolt on cars.
jleews6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 12:36 PM   #860
hognutz

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIRLOIN View Post
Oh really? Crying? No crying coming from this direction, EVER, and personally i take offense to that...

Just cause i post from time to time, things about the Zl1 that you guys might not like, thats crying? God forbid anyone bring anything other to the table then swinging off the nuts of the ZL1 or Camaro.

UNJUSTIFIED? Really? So by me saying that a ZL1 with heads/cam/pullies/tune/ported tb/ported sc/intake/race gas/dr's/skinnies/850+hp and a crap load of money, breaking into the 10's isn't that impressive, thats unjustified?

That's an absurd amount of mods and money, not to mention the fact it's using RACE GAS, and that those are FAR from your typical bolt ons, just to break into 10's. Thats an unjustified response by someone to say, not too impressed?

Is it also unjustified or crying to say that all the stock times from the ZL1 we have seen excluding ONE from a magazine, have been a dissapointment, and not living up to GM's claims? Especially after all the hype and banter coming from AL O and team Camaro saying the Z will still dominate it's direct/main compeitor the Shelby.

I personally have praised the ZL1 countless amounts of times, and have even made a whole thread telling everyone that if i were to pull the trigger on a ZL1 or Shelby, it would be the Z hands down as my pick. I even went into detail about my dislikes on the Shelby and why i would't choose it.

Let me make this clear. Nobody here is dogging the ZL1. It is a badass car no doubt about it! But from what we have seen, and all the hype and trash talking, things have been a little dissapointing. Can't really deny that from what we have seen so far.

So when someone post's up their dissapointments,(which they should be allowed to) stop calling for thread closure's, and calling people whiners, or crying, bitching ect... IMO all these post's and threads about the Z's problems and times ARE JUSTIFIED. If you disagree with what someone post's, try adding something to the conversation. If you got nothing to add then don't read the post.

Rant over.......
10's are impressive at any cost. there are million dollar cars that run 10's or slower. The amout of people who say ten's are not impressive and actaully have something that consistantly runs tens that is no a bike or not street legal are not many.

I have never had a 9 second car in my life. 10.27 was the fastert car I have ever had and that was 12.5:1 and not very streetable. now if you own a bunch of 8 and 9 second cars will listen but I bet you do not.

tens are fast and 134 trap is huge I trapped 127 for the 10.27.
2013 ZL1 -sold
2007 Z06- sold
2014 Chrysler 300
2011 Duramax 8" lift, deleted tuned
hognutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 12:37 PM   #861
alex70olds
~~*~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by jleews6 View Post
No, That was with heads and cam also. The bolt on car went 11.0 @130. There is still some things (bolt ons) that they haven't done to that car yet.
I say that within a month or so we will see it and if not this fall we will see some big numbers from bolt on cars.
Thank you for the clarification. I thought they were both run with the same mods.
Old 04-19-2012, 12:37 PM   #862
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabotAndHeat View Post
@ LBLS1

I'm thinking that the issue isnt people giving up on the ZL1 at all. It's trying to come to a conclussion of what year cars are an equal fight to what year... when that's not the issue either.

Since Ford and Chevrolet are obviously not going to release cars in unison, they will always be out of sync. The next logical step is run the best of what's been released. Let next years battles happen next year.

The Road and Track video entitled "GT500 Mustang crushes the SS Camaro" races two brand of cars that are at that moment in time....the top of the class. However, the race itself was completely unfair and they admit it. But, Camaro owners can't argue, because that's what we might see on the street.

The ZL1 is on the street now and will probably stay on top until that new 660hp Mustang comes out.

That cycle will continue (thankfully) and keep driving both manufactures to pursue excellence. No issues in my mind.
I can understand that; In fact the competition is healthy, and it will (hmmm...should) mean more for us!! What I don't understand or accept is game plan changing at mid stream. Run whatcha brung and/or comeback withsome more should be key phrases in what promises to be a short but white hot war between the two chariots as they head towards '16 and beyond.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 12:41 PM   #863
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
Quote:
I can disagree, at least for myself. I made this post 11-16-2010 when the announcement was made in California reguarding the '13 GT500.

After taking delivery of the car, I even feel more satisfaction in my choice. It is a great achievement, and I am very lucky to have one. I still like the gt500, and the Challenger, but I am very happy with the Z, and would not trade it for any of the above.
and you sir are like me. I don't give a hoot if a Mustang or Challenger is faster than the ZL1, I can guarantee 100% I will be happy when I have it because I know what it can and can't do (didnt believe all the simulation BS and chest pounding my team Camaro) and even though its a 4k+ pound pig with a supercharger (not necessarily good attributes for a good roadcourse car), it is a Camaro and it will help me drive faster in the roadcourse..faster than my current SVT-PP GT500. I am not thumping my chest proclaiming it is most awesome and will crush the GT500. Those people are feeling let down now. My Supercharged SS will eat the ZL1 for lunch but it will get lapped easily in a roadcourse. My GT500...well, I love it.
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 12:54 PM   #864
SIRLOIN
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hognutz View Post
10's are impressive at any cost. there are million dollar cars that run 10's or slower. The amout of people who say ten's are not impressive and actaully have something that consistantly runs tens that is no a bike or not street legal are not many.

I have never had a 9 second car in my life. 10.27 was the fastert car I have ever had and that was 12.5:1 and not very streetable. now if you own a bunch of 8 and 9 second cars will listen but I bet you do not.

tens are fast and 134 trap is huge I trapped 127 for the 10.27.
No doubt 10's are impressive, and i understand what you are saying. But how much one is having to do to their car to get there, is where most people are coming from.

All im saying is, if the Shelby(it's competitor) gets into the 10's with nothing more than tires and a tune, and the Z is having to break the bank and tear down half the engine to be competitive, it's kind of a let down.

Im sure everyone here would love the fact that a Z broke into the 10's with nothing more than a few simple, cheap bolt-on. But obviously that isn't the case here, and why it's a little dissapointing is all im saying.
Old 04-19-2012, 12:56 PM   #865
tooslow
Banned

Drives: 4 Wheels, Gasoline Engine
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing View Post
I know some people believe it's only because of the boss. I have to laugh at that.
Not sure why that would be funny. It was a quote from Jamal Hameedi at Ford stating the the reason for the substantial upgrades between the 2012 and 2013 GT500's was to create a bigger gap between the performance of the Boss 302 and the GT500. It was also stated that the engineering of the 2013 GT500 began at the same time as they were engineering the Boss 302. Considering that the Boss 302 hit showrooms as early as the summer of 2011, you have to assume the engineering was done well before that time and well before the LSA was announced as the engine of choice for the ZL1. You have to admit though, nobody expect the numbers Ford released for the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIRLOIN View Post
All im saying is, if the Shelby(it's competitor) gets into the 10's with nothing more than tires and a tune....and the Z is having to break the bank and tear down half the engine to be competitive, it's kind of a let down.
Not true. Go over to svtperformance.com and look at the 1/4 mile list and find me one car in the 10's with just tires and a tune. Go ahead. Even with 650HP from the factory, a 2013 is going to be hard pressed to hit 10's with just tires and a tune. Mark my words.
tooslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 01:30 PM   #866
SIRLOIN
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooslow View Post
Not true. Go over to svtperformance.com and look at the 1/4 mile list and find me one car in the 10's with just tires and a tune. Go ahead. Even with 650HP from the factory, a 2013 is going to be hard pressed to hit 10's with just tires and a tune. Mark my words.
Well first of all, i said IF. Second of all, i was talking about the 13 Shelby specifically. Nobody know's yet what it's gonna take for the 13 Shelby to break 10's, but i can assure you it will take a whole lot less and you definately wont need to be running race gas or be breaking down the engine.

At the most, your looking at tune, pulley, tires, and a good driver.

Evan Smith and MM&FF sure seem to think that with a gear change and sticky tires, 10's are possible. Just sayin... That to me, would be impressive!

http://mustangsdaily.com/blog/2012/0...14-mile-times/
Old 04-19-2012, 01:38 PM   #867
alex70olds
~~*~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffrcobra_65 View Post
and you sir are like me. I don't give a hoot if a Mustang or Challenger is faster than the ZL1, I can guarantee 100% I will be happy when I have it because I know what it can and can't do (didnt believe all the simulation BS and chest pounding my team Camaro) and even though its a 4k+ pound pig with a supercharger (not necessarily good attributes for a good roadcourse car), it is a Camaro and it will help me drive faster in the roadcourse..faster than my current SVT-PP GT500. I am not thumping my chest proclaiming it is most awesome and will crush the GT500. Those people are feeling let down now. My Supercharged SS will eat the ZL1 for lunch but it will get lapped easily in a roadcourse. My GT500...well, I love it.
lol you said it a hell of a lot better than I did!
Old 04-19-2012, 01:51 PM   #868
DanSS24

Drives: Dream Cars in my head
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamgl View Post
Way off topic, lol. But.

I'm the opposite. I like the concept and hate the current mustang looks. LOL
I not a Ford guy, but those are nice renderings.

Wishful thinking...but I sure can dream big.
DanSS24 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
700hp z28 strip car, zl1 track car