Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes

Old 02-17-2011, 07:22 PM   #1
TLSTWIN
Romans10:9-13

Drives: /\yes, this is me/\
2nd annual MidOhio Track Day: Monday, October 3, 2011.

We are going October 3rd.

THIS IS NOT RACING, ON THE TRACK IT IS FOLLOW THE LEADER I WANTED TO ADD THIS IN BOLD AND CAPS... I AM STILL GETTING A BUNCH OF DISCUSSION ON OTHER BOARDS ABOUT NOT WANT TO RACE THEIR CAR. JUST WANT TO MAKE IT CLEAR.

I have Monday, October 3rd available. The program will be formatted like last year. Price structure will be a little different. The price of the program will be $225 per person for early registration. After July 1st, the price for the program would increase to $275 per person. Hopefully this will encourage people to get registered early.

Here is what I have planned the 2nd Mid-Ohio track Day....

The day starts off with a short class room session, very brief, but very pointed.

We then move to the skid pad, where we practice what we just learned in the classroom. They have a honda civic that is set up on four castor wheels and hydraulics. The instructor can control the contact patches while driving to introduce an oversteer or an understeer situation at slow speeds (18 to 25mph), which simulates the same action at speeds of 60 to 70MPH.

Then we move to the autocross area, where we again apply what we learned in class. They have colored cones set up to show people where the turn in & exit points, apex are of multiple style corners and switchbacks.

Then, track time. The way he said it normally is ran is a "Lead,follow,pass". Each person in the group (5 to 6) gets a chance to follow directly behind the instructor through the course. Passing occurs on the back straight only. The instructor only goes as fast or as slow as the group dictates. The point is to make sure everyone knows the proper line......passing is a controlled environment.

We do not have to restrict the date to Camaro vehicles. Additionally, I’m sure I can get our marketing department to produce a pdf flyer for you to distribute.

Start PM'n me and or posting in the thread if you are going.
Here is the new link: http://www.midohio.com/Store/School-...Day-Experience Don't let the price spook you, enter code CG2011 once you get all the way to the shopping cart check out. It will correct the price to $275.
DUE TO THE LATER START THAN LAST YEAR (12:30 REGISTRATION) THERE WILL NOT BE A BREAKFAST/LUNCH. AS OF RIGHT NOW, THERE WILL NOT BE ANY FOOD AFTER EITHER

1. TLSTWIN (REGISTERED)
2. Photonfury
3. heinzd01 (REGISTERED)
4. Demetrious (G37) (REGISTERED)
5. SilverIceman (REGISTERED)
6. Richj/Eric...Back Street Performance (REGISTERED)
7. Ray 67 Camaro 383 stroker pro-tour (from last year) (REGISTERED)
9. 2010_5thgen (REGISTERED)
12. Darth Erma (REGISTERED)
14. GC-Camaro (REGISTERED)
16. Gahammerle (REGISTERED)
18. daytonGT (G8)
19. masterwinning.... (REGISTERED)
20. Tim's87Monty (Built 87 MonteCarlo SS) (REGISTERED)
22. pategnor (G8) (REGISTERED)
23. 2010_5thgen's Dad (Corvette) (REGISTERED)
24. BumblebeeAmigo (REGISTERED)
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Camaro Group invite.pdf (1.70 MB, 190 views)

Last edited by TLSTWIN; 09-30-2011 at 08:45 AM.
TLSTWIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 07:37 PM   #2
heinzd01

Drives: 2010 SS RS, 1976 Type LT
I'd be interest in another Mid Ohio day. June would NOT be a good month.

I didn't enjoy the autocross portion that much as I felt like I had too big a car for too small an autocross course. The track time was great.
heinzd01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 07:56 PM   #3
TLSTWIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinzd01 View Post
I'd be interest in another Mid Ohio day. June would NOT be a good month.

I didn't enjoy the autocross portion that much as I felt like I had too big a car for too small an autocross course. The track time was great.
Ya, that was really to teach people the "lines" at slower speeds. I liked it though, just because they made it a competition..
Old 02-17-2011, 08:40 PM   #4
SilverIceman

Drives: Camaro SS SIM
Definitely interested!

A longer day would be great. I liked all three stations. One session on the skid car would be enough, though it was fun. Maybe a couple of timed runs on the autocross, always seem to improve with a second run. Loved the time on the Big Track, but it was pretty rough on the cars (and drivers). What did we go? Something like 45 minutes? Not sure how much more time I would have wanted. Maybe with a long break. Was pretty wore out when we stopped, but it was hot out. Would be awesome if we could do a lap on our own, but I doubt they'll allow that without two days of learning the track. The time of year was good, could get pretty hot in the summer months. I'd suggest May or September again. I know last year they reserved the track because the Corvette group was supposed to be there too, but I see no reason we can't fill it with camaros. A few complained about the price, but I thought it was reasonable considering we had the whole facility for the day, instruction, breakfast, lunch, gifts, etc. They really did a Great job with us.

Definitely was my favorite event of last year! (and that includes the c5Fest)

Here's a pic coming out of the Carousel on the Pit Lane straight going WOT. Notice the Knight Rider close behind. That's about all the farther I could get away from Heinzd. I'm thinking we were hitting around 70 or 80 in front of the pits, 110 on the backstretch.
Attached Images

SilverIceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 09:04 PM   #5
TLSTWIN

Ya, I am hoping for a Novice, Intermediate, and advanced group...the last group for Pete and RichJ/Eric if they are able to make it....

I think we actually had over an hour on the actual track. If more people show up, they break the track sessions in to 20 or 30 minute sessions to give every one a break......

As far as the heat....I actually was running with the AC on towards the end..
Old 02-18-2011, 07:53 AM   #6
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
I am interested...

Date and price being my only concerns. I am with Heinz, June is out for me. I have a pretty detailed "Camaro event" schedule that I plan to go over next Sunday in Wilmington. If you can make it to talk about this that would be awesome. I will put a link to the thread. I remember in the past Sundays are bad for you. Thats cool if you cant make it. I will pitch the idea of the event and maybe we can hone in on a date!!!

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126463
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 08:42 AM   #7
heinzd01

Drives: 2010 SS RS, 1976 Type LT
TLSTWIN,

Thanks for working to schedule such an event. Last year's event was the most fun I'd had with my Camaro. I subscribed to the Pedders track thread too.

I know it can be hard to get threads noticed among the thousands here since Camaro5 is so active (I just happened upon this thread). If you cannot come to Wilmington 2/27 to guage interest perhaps jrhaus76 or me can work with you. I would like to see some of the others we know drive their car on a track.

This has got me rethinking if I want to spend money on suspension mods to try to better keep up with everyone else.
heinzd01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 05:46 PM   #8
SilverIceman

Drives: Camaro SS SIM
I thought you did pretty good with the stock suspension.

Yeah, some of the others need to do this. No need to be experienced. It was the first time I've ever done something like this. And the V6's would do fine. It's not about the horsepower, mostly about driving skills. The progression from classroom to skid car, to autocross to the big track is perfect. I was totally comfortable by the time we got out on the track.

Thanks TLSTWIN for last year's and let us know what you need help with this year.
SilverIceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 05:33 PM   #9
TLSTWIN

I am in contact with Chris Binkley again from Mid-Ohio. He said he will have a few dates for me by the end of the week.

I told him we would need to combine with another group. I told him we would only have a dozen or so cars. I hope we can get more this time, but wanted him to know now where we were on numbers.
Old 02-28-2011, 07:47 PM   #10
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Keep me posted, Doug was talking it up, he said it was the most fun he ever had in the front seat of his car!
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 10:28 AM   #11
TLSTWIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhaus76 View Post
Keep me posted, Doug was talking it up, he said it was the most fun he ever had in the front seat of his car!
LOL, it was a lot of fun, awesome to see how the car performed on stock tires too! I had Pedders lowering springs on, but that was it. This car is awesome!
Old 03-01-2011, 05:58 PM   #12
MMX RS

Drives: MMX Camaro 2LT RS
What's a rough idea of a price range? That sounds like a lot of fun, but also expensive.
MRT v2 Axle-back Exhaust
VMax Spiral-ported TB; VMax Ice-olator
Vitesse Throttle Controller
RX Catch-Can RJT
Eibach Sway Bars
AAC Plasma LED DRLs; Sequential Turn Signals
Black Gill Inserts; Red-swapped Door and Dash ABL
MMX RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 06:47 PM   #13
TLSTWIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMX RS View Post
What's a rough idea of a price range? That sounds like a lot of fun, but also expensive.
I am not sure what the price is going to be this year yet.....last year was $300. That included a breakfast, lunch, and a few trinket take home stuff...not that it makes that big of a difference on price, but it was nice and unexpected.
Old 03-02-2011, 01:06 PM   #14
h2oplay
Winners find a way

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS M6
I would be up for a sept date.....
h2oplay is offline   Reply With Quote