Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 07-31-2013, 08:55 AM   #1
joes407

Drives: 2014 ZL1m6 red hot #569
DO NOT TAKE YOUR ZL-1 TO COURTESY CHEVY BY AIRPORT READ WHY

so as many here know my car has been at courtesy chevy by the airport since Monday for a simple list of warranty repairs. when the car was dropped off we did a full walk around inside and out so there would be no issues upon pick up. yesterday I stopped in to check on progress and the techs are working on my car with no fender guards to protect the paint. this morning I go to pick up my car that is supposed to be done. when I get there the first thing I see is the hood is severely scratched up from them putting in the new ecf insert, then I open my door and the side bolsters on my seat are crushed and wrinkled. then under the hood theres coolant all over top of intake and other engine parts that the tech didn't clean up after his work was done. the instructions I left were there was to be no wiping on the exterior paint period as I just paid to have to car polished and waxed to a mirror finish. needless to say whoever wiped down my car scratched the piss out of it. so I then talk with service manager who then tells me the seat is nomal wear although after 25k miles of driving it did not look like it does now when I dropped it off. immediately he got defensive and said hes not going to put a new seat in. I didn't ask for a new seat i was just pointing out the issues at that time. he then told me my car has a laundry list of repairs which is total b.s as the only repairs I get are warranty work or service bulletins. I told him we always have issues when my car gets left overnight. last time someone stole the valve stem caps and wrote wash me in the dust on the car, another time the tech wasted my door edge on the cement wall, on my SS they greased up the orange leather beyond cleaning and the list of monkey antics goes on and on. at that point the service manager told me he does not care about my car or what happens to it because I did not buy it there. on top of it they've had it since Monday and they still didn't fix the rearend noise yet they are throwing parts at an issue theyre unsure of the cause. take this warning and DO NOT USE COURTESY CHEVY FOR REPAIRS or your car will be damaged! now im stuck with the monkey brigade attempting the rest of the repairs since no other dealer wants to fix other dealers screw-ups. this is unacceptable behavior for a dealership and obviously they don't care about the cars brought to them for service bulletins especially if you didn't buy it from them. although if they had a ZL-1 when I got mine I would've bought from them but they only got 1 for 2012 and had no other allotments. im not sure what to do at this point but I will be finding a new dealer. I called g.m customer service and they opened a case but told me theres nothing they can do, they do not reprimand bad dealerships. with the way I was treated there today I will never buy another chevy from an autonation dealership and at this point I may not buy another chevy.
joes407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 09:16 AM   #2
ffcars

Drives: 2013 Zl1 Convertible
Sorry to hear about your problems.
ffcars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 09:20 AM   #3
whemming

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS
Holy crap...I would be knocking out some teeth. But seriously get a car inspection form, go over the car with a fine tooth comb and make them sign it before they touch your car. Also add to the form any instructions such as "do not wash" etc. That way you have evidence against them if they damage your car. Then you have grounds to sue. If they won't sign it..Go elsewhere!
Old 07-31-2013, 09:23 AM   #4
joes407

Quote:
Originally Posted by whemming View Post
Holy crap...I would be knocking out some teeth. But seriously get a car inspection form, go over the car with a fine tooth comb and make them sign it before they touch your car. Also add to the form any instructions such as "do not wash" etc. That way you have evidence against them if they damage your car. Then you have grounds to sue. If they won't sign it..Go elsewhere!
everything I had gone over with them was put in print on my invoice.
Old 07-31-2013, 09:25 AM   #5
Cody6.2

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS
I'm so ****ing tired of hearing dealerships bitch like because you didn't buy it there that they owe you nothing. My local dealership always mentioned where I bought my vehicle when I'd inquire about warranty service. So I made it a point to buy something there just to shut them up. Wow was I surprised when the service still sucked on the vehicle I bought there.

Then again the same dealership smashed the rocker cladding on my 1996 Sunfire, scratched the bumper on my 2007 Silverado and messed up the bolster on my 2007 Z51. In any case when having a vehicle serviced I expect more issues afterwords or damage. Just like when I buy something I expect to do it twice as quality and service just isn't what it used to be.
Cody6.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 09:27 AM   #6
joes407

that service manager does not know how to deal with a customer and it was all I could do not to dot his eye. hes mad because the warranty work was almost 7k dollars on his dealership when I did not buy it there.
Old 07-31-2013, 09:35 AM   #7
Retro69

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by joes407 View Post
that service manager does not know how to deal with a customer and it was all I could do not to dot his eye. hes mad because the warranty work was almost 7k dollars on his dealership when I did not buy it there.
They get paid by Chevrolet to do warranty work so it should be no sweat off his back. This is just pure (and often typical) dealer BS.

Retro69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 09:38 AM   #8
z28man2

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 Coupe IOM
man I would run that up the flagpole at the dealership, then call gm & send them pics. Don't let them get away with that!
z28man2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 09:45 AM   #9
dmax86

Drives: 2016 Z06 C7R
dealers respond better to to BBB claims... and fast! i know from experience. i was going though a warranty repair on another car and the dealer wasn't working with me. i did a BB claim and the attitude change fast and they were calling me to fix the car and asking if i can remove the claim.
Old 07-31-2013, 09:47 AM   #10
joes407

Quote:
Originally Posted by z28man2 View Post
man I would run that up the flagpole at the dealership, then call gm & send them pics. Don't let them get away with that!
they are supposed to be "correcting " the issues with the coolant mess and the scratches today while they reattempt to fix the rattle in the rear end. as far as the answer I got from g.m about my complaint was a joke too. they told me they don't reprimand dealers and that any dealer has the right to refuse to do the warranty work on my car if they don't want to.
Old 07-31-2013, 09:50 AM   #11
bumblebeecamaro
Car Lover By Nature

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue Metallic SS
That sucks Joe but it doesn't suprise me. I bought my Z at David Maus even though there's another dealership literally less than 5 minutes from my house. I needed some warranty work done and I went to that same dealership. They treated me like a stepchild so I said the hell with it.

I've been having my car serviced at David Maus ever since and they've been nothing but awesome. All the guys there are super nice and I'm treated like royalty when I go there. The service manager even gave me his personal cell number. He told me to call or text him whenever I need anything.

Yes, driving 40 minutes to DM can be a pain but at least they treat me extremely well. Thus the reason why I brag about them.
Old 07-31-2013, 09:52 AM   #12
zl1bro

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6 SIM AGM mono stripe
The problem there is with the management, either with the head of the service dept. or the entire management of the dealership or both. They obviously have a terrible attitude and zero customer focus. Best way to deal with it is to register your issues with GM, BBB and anywhere else you can and then avoid them. Amazing that a dealership with that type attitude toward quality remains in business.
zl1bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 10:05 AM   #13
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Hello joes407,

I have sent you a private message regarding the status of your case.

Jessica (assisting William R.)
Chevrolet Customer Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by joes407 View Post
so as many here know my car has been at courtesy chevy by the airport since Monday for a simple list of warranty repairs. when the car was dropped off we did a full walk around inside and out so there would be no issues upon pick up. yesterday I stopped in to check on progress and the techs are working on my car with no fender guards to protect the paint. this morning I go to pick up my car that is supposed to be done. when I get there the first thing I see is the hood is severely scratched up from them putting in the new ecf insert, then I open my door and the side bolsters on my seat are crushed and wrinkled. then under the hood theres coolant all over top of intake and other engine parts that the tech didn't clean up after his work was done. the instructions I left were there was to be no wiping on the exterior paint period as I just paid to have to car polished and waxed to a mirror finish. needless to say whoever wiped down my car scratched the piss out of it. so I then talk with service manager who then tells me the seat is nomal wear although after 25k miles of driving it did not look like it does now when I dropped it off. immediately he got defensive and said hes not going to put a new seat in. I didn't ask for a new seat i was just pointing out the issues at that time. he then told me my car has a laundry list of repairs which is total b.s as the only repairs I get are warranty work or service bulletins. I told him we always have issues when my car gets left overnight. last time someone stole the valve stem caps and wrote wash me in the dust on the car, another time the tech wasted my door edge on the cement wall, on my SS they greased up the orange leather beyond cleaning and the list of monkey antics goes on and on. at that point the service manager told me he does not care about my car or what happens to it because I did not buy it there. on top of it they've had it since Monday and they still didn't fix the rearend noise yet they are throwing parts at an issue theyre unsure of the cause. take this warning and DO NOT USE COURTESY CHEVY FOR REPAIRS or your car will be damaged! now im stuck with the monkey brigade attempting the rest of the repairs since no other dealer wants to fix other dealers screw-ups. this is unacceptable behavior for a dealership and obviously they don't care about the cars brought to them for service bulletins especially if you didn't buy it from them. although if they had a ZL-1 when I got mine I would've bought from them but they only got 1 for 2012 and had no other allotments. im not sure what to do at this point but I will be finding a new dealer. I called g.m customer service and they opened a case but told me theres nothing they can do, they do not reprimand bad dealerships. with the way I was treated there today I will never buy another chevy from an autonation dealership and at this point I may not buy another chevy.
Old 07-31-2013, 10:05 AM   #14
joes407

Quote:
Originally Posted by zl1bro View Post
The problem there is with the management, either with the head of the service dept. or the entire management of the dealership or both. They obviously have a terrible attitude and zero customer focus. Best way to deal with it is to register your issues with GM, BBB and anywhere else you can and then avoid them. Amazing that a dealership with that type attitude toward quality remains in business.
exactly! this service manager that was yelling at me today hasn't been there very long and I can tell you for sure if he was standing in front of me instead of yelling from behind his desk I wouldn't be typing this today.