Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 08-11-2014, 08:54 AM   #1
Splitter
Account Suspended

Drives: '14 RRM 1LT/RS A6
OMFG!

Bought my new camaro yesterday. Woot!

Driving home doing 60 in the right lane and a BMW Z3 roars past me doing 85 IN THE BREAKDOWN LANE, then slows down, speeds up again, while hes going over the rumble strip. SPITTING ROCKS ALL OVER MY HOOD AND FRONT END!

This was my worst nightmare, having a truck spew rocks into the front. Instead, not even 50 minutes into my trip driving her home, this shit happens.

The front end is already ****ed. Looks like it went through a wind tunnel filled with hail and rocks.

Never been so mad at someone before. I called the state police to give him a description, but that's as far as my retaliation went.

Bringing her back to the dealer tomorrow to finish up paperwork and to have them look at the damage. Hopefully they'll take care of it.

Thanks for listening to my rant.

Ugh
Splitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 08:55 AM   #2
Swacer

Drives: 2018 GT350
You're going to probably have to go through insurance. Most likely, unless he admits fault, its going to be you paying for a repaint.
Old 08-11-2014, 08:56 AM   #3
kevint

Drives: 2013 1SS
More trigger words: water-based paint, EPA, Obama

I'll see y'all in 30 pages.
kevint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 09:23 AM   #4
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Think about having clear bra applied to the front of the car after it gets re-painted.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 09:27 AM   #5
NYCamOwner
"Katy"

Drives: 2014 2LT A6 'Vert
How long did you stay in that lane while they went back and forth? As soon as the first stone hit, I would have been either slowing WAY down, or getting over into another lane out of their way...

Possible next mods:
Throttle Body
Exhaust

Upstate C5 Member

No, that is not me in the avatar..... I just love hot girls and hot cars.... or hot girls IN hot cars....
NYCamOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 09:29 AM   #6
Taco Time

Drives: 2014 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitter View Post
Bought my new camaro yesterday. Woot!

Driving home doing 60 in the right lane and a BMW Z3 roars past me doing 85 IN THE BREAKDOWN LANE, then slows down, speeds up again, while hes going over the rumble strip. SPITTING ROCKS ALL OVER MY HOOD AND FRONT END!

This was my worst nightmare, having a truck spew rocks into the front. Instead, not even 50 minutes into my trip driving her home, this shit happens.

The front end is already ****ed. Looks like it went through a wind tunnel filled with hail and rocks.

Never been so mad at someone before. I called the state police to give him a description, but that's as far as my retaliation went.

Bringing her back to the dealer tomorrow to finish up paperwork and to have them look at the damage. Hopefully they'll take care of it.

Thanks for listening to my rant.

Ugh
What the hell is a "breakdown lane"??
Taco Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 09:33 AM   #7
Storm T
Can't slow down

Drives: 2013 SS Dusk Edition (Insain Bolt)
I think he means the shoulder.
Storm T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 09:36 AM   #8
2Carats

Drives: '12 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
I feel your pain. Just had my "sitter" take the car and had my front end repainted... and a clear bra installed.
Old 08-11-2014, 09:41 AM   #9
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevint View Post
More trigger words: water-based paint, EPA, Obama

I'll see y'all in 30 pages.
Please do tell, what does Obama have to do with the paint on our cars. Water based paints have been used for over twenty years. Water based paints chip, because they are harder than oil based.
Old 08-11-2014, 09:42 AM   #10
rich3fan
What's this button do?

Drives: 2019 Black 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCamOwner View Post
How long did you stay in that lane while they went back and forth? As soon as the first stone hit, I would have been either slowing WAY down, or getting over into another lane out of their way...
I guess your thinking is... there was NO ONE ELSE on the highway?

rich3fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 09:47 AM   #11
kevint

Drives: 2013 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
Please do tell, what does Obama have to do with the paint on our cars. Water based paints have been used for over twenty years. Water based paints chip, because they are harder than oil based.
I, personally, don't have any problems with any of the words I listed. I took them from the 17+ other threads on this topic. It was meant to be a joke.
kevint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 09:47 AM   #12
RobertRS

Drives: 2014 2SS L99
Dang OP, That pisses me off for you.
RobertRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 09:50 AM   #13
ytown87

Drives: C6 Corvette
Did you at least get their license plate number to report it to your insurance?
2008 C6 m6. Carbon creations front/rear carbon fiber wodebody fenders. Carbon fiber hood carbon fiber roof hoop carbon fiber zr1 extreme spoiler. NW 102mm tb. Ported intake manifold. Cometic .040 head gaskets. LG motorsports G6x3 cam. DSX flex fuel sensor. AEM methanol kit. Z06 brakes. Ebiach sway bars. ZR1 rep wheels and Nitto Invo tires. Monster stage 3 twin disc clutch. MGW short shifter. Corbeau race seats. Gforce race harnesses. SLP loudmouth 2 mufflers. Carbon fiber exhaust tips. RPM stage 4 transmission and Stage 3 rear diff. 3.73 gears. Vararam cai. Kooks 1 7/8 headers and x-pipe.
ytown87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 09:51 AM   #14
ytown87

Drives: C6 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich3fan View Post
I guess your thinking is... there was NO ONE ELSE on the highway?
Well slowing WAY down would still be an option even with other people on the same road
2008 C6 m6. Carbon creations front/rear carbon fiber wodebody fenders. Carbon fiber hood carbon fiber roof hoop carbon fiber zr1 extreme spoiler. NW 102mm tb. Ported intake manifold. Cometic .040 head gaskets. LG motorsports G6x3 cam. DSX flex fuel sensor. AEM methanol kit. Z06 brakes. Ebiach sway bars. ZR1 rep wheels and Nitto Invo tires. Monster stage 3 twin disc clutch. MGW short shifter. Corbeau race seats. Gforce race harnesses. SLP loudmouth 2 mufflers. Carbon fiber exhaust tips. RPM stage 4 transmission and Stage 3 rear diff. 3.73 gears. Vararam cai. Kooks 1 7/8 headers and x-pipe.
ytown87 is offline   Reply With Quote