Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 08-02-2013, 07:03 AM   #57
joes407

Drives: 2014 ZL1m6 red hot #569
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven59 View Post
they don't accept cars with certain catch cans, sorry!

Posted from Camaro5.com App for Android
Of course u would say that because you know i would post some dirt on them. I did some research anyway and indeed there are some well rated dealer/service in arizona but the ones inyour area are at the bottom of the list.
joes407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 11:23 PM   #58
Sweet Zness
Because I Can

Drives: 08 IOM G8GT 11 Victory Red SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebeecamaro View Post
That sucks Joe but it doesn't suprise me. I bought my Z at David Maus even though there's another dealership literally less than 5 minutes from my house. I needed some warranty work done and I went to that same dealership. They treated me like a stepchild so I said the hell with it.

I've been having my car serviced at David Maus ever since and they've been nothing but awesome. All the guys there are super nice and I'm treated like royalty when I go there. The service manager even gave me his personal cell number. He told me to call or text him whenever I need anything.

Yes, driving 40 minutes to DM can be a pain but at least they treat me extremely well. Thus the reason why I brag about them.
This is hilarious to me as David Maus has been terrible on so many levels with me. They have lied, damaged my car, even spilling an open container of oil on my backseat and leaving it for days, scratched my paint, failed to repair items even with video showing the exact issues, didnt resond to my bbs complaint, and the list can go on and on. They even gouged my door sills replacing the Camaro stickers. And I mean it looks like the used a screwdriver to peel the old ones off. They have been the absolute worst dealership I have ever bought a car from.
Sweet Zness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 02:30 AM   #59
ZL1 Spoked

Drives: Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by joes407 View Post
Of course u would say that because you know i would post some dirt on them. I did some research anyway and indeed there are some well rated dealer/service in arizona but the ones inyour area are at the bottom of the list.
dude enough already

604 RWHP 602 LBS/TQ
ZL1 Spoked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 05:11 PM   #60
bumblebeecamaro
Car Lover By Nature

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue Metallic SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Zness View Post
This is hilarious to me as David Maus has been terrible on so many levels with me. They have lied, damaged my car, even spilling an open container of oil on my backseat and leaving it for days, scratched my paint, failed to repair items even with video showing the exact issues, didnt resond to my bbs complaint, and the list can go on and on. They even gouged my door sills replacing the Camaro stickers. And I mean it looks like the used a screwdriver to peel the old ones off. They have been the absolute worst dealership I have ever bought a car from.

sorry to hear you've had bad luck w/ DM. I wonder if my luck has anything to do with having the same tech working on my car every time I've had it worked on? could be because the service manager told me from day one he only wants his best guy touching my car.

I don't know....
Old 08-05-2013, 05:28 PM   #61
djnice

Drives: 13 ZL1 SIM, 99 Z28 Black
Based on past experience, I was paranoid about chips and scratchs when I had my ecf insert replaced, but it turned out good. This service dept does Caddy's too so maybe that helps. No problems so far. I think at some shops the service rep can make a difference because he can push cars to the experienced techs and tell the punks to not wash the car, etc.
Old 08-05-2013, 11:00 PM   #62
Sweet Zness
Because I Can

Drives: 08 IOM G8GT 11 Victory Red SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebeecamaro View Post
sorry to hear you've had bad luck w/ DM. I wonder if my luck has anything to do with having the same tech working on my car every time I've had it worked on? could be because the service manager told me from day one he only wants his best guy touching my car.

I don't know....

Ive been having issues since before they got their new Service Manager, Steve.

Let me give you an idea of how well David Maus has treated my car.

Upon delivery of vehicle, it had scratches on the hood and stripes. Was promised to fix. Was left with the impression that fixing the paint would be a repaint. Turns out they wet sanded. Not cool in my book. They replaced the hood stripes with non factory stripes from a third party vendor. Colors didn't match on front as the back. Replaced again because even they stated "yeah that's not good" New stripes have bubbles and fold over wrinkles in the pinstripe. Replaced again, but this time the stripes are not centered. One stripe is touching the center line in the hood. Replace again, and rear trunk stripes has debris under the stripe. Front stripe has wrinkle on both.

I realize this is the vendor and not them, but damn it get someone who knows how to do this crap.

Lets continue on. They service my car, and the oil I had in the trunk somehow ends up on my rear seat. Cap not secured, leaking into the cushion. I pick up my car and immediately smell the oil. Find the oil on the back seat and walk over to service tech to show them. Their fix was to wipe down my rear seat.

I left explicit instructions for David Maus to never wash my car. Not by hand and NEVER in their automated car wash. Pick up my car one day and sure enough its been washed. Problem is that my car was in service because the oil cooler blew. When I took the car into them, explaining that "This is the part, this is the problem" they looked at it on the lift and stated..."Its a minor leak, not a problem. We don't have a part so just drive it and when the part comes in we will replace it" I looked down at the puddle of oil on the ground under my car and said I wasn't comfortable with that, to get me a loaner. They refused stating that my car would be more than fine. That it was a slow leak and even though my car would be driving back and forth to work it should be no problem. The next day my car blew oil out the rear of my car and all over people behind me. My car was covered in burned oil on the paint. At this point you would think they would get a professional to clean the car. Instead they had some lot detailer wipe the oil off with a rag then wash it. Rear deck got scratched to hell. Upon picking the car up I point it out. No resolution. They actually treated me like the car was like that previously.

Replaced Camaro sticker = 3 huge deep gouges in my side door sill.

Rattles in my head liner. Video of it happening as proof. Tech hears it as he drives. Claims its the windshield wipers. I show him video of me pushing up on headliner and stopping the rattle, he promises to fix it. Can't replicate sound.

Had to replace noisy power steering. Since they replaced it, car pulls to the right solid. They acknowledged it pulls right, even though it comes up green on alignment machine. Fixed it by adding air in all tires. Car still pulls right. They acknowledge again that it definitely pulls right. Fix was to rotate front tires. Leaving two lugs nuts completely loose. I loose two lugs at some point. Oh and the car still pulls right.

AC makes noise upon turning on. Acknowledge noise. Claim to replace the part, AC still makes noise. Claim that noise which is the exact same noise is normal. I ask if its normal then why didn't do it for the first 20k miles? They again tell me its normal. I ask them to take me to any other Camaro and show me one that makes the same noise. That if they did, I would leave it alone. They refused.

I could actually go on and on. Like I said, worst dealership ever.
Sweet Zness is offline   Reply With Quote