Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-24-2015, 01:12 PM   #1
KSX

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Shipping a car!

Hey all, not sure if this is the right section or not .. I'm trying to get my 1975 Nova shipped from Illinois to New York. I've heard mixed reviews about going through u-ship for the bids because they tend to be some pretty sketchy transports ... Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
Old 05-24-2015, 02:16 PM   #2
'01LS1

Drives: 2003 Pete
Uship is garbage. Vast majority of the those bidding are under insured weekend warriors &/or brokers in so. FL that do not own trucks. At least that has been my experience. For the latter, the brokers get the order & then take it over to Central Dispatch, which is a site where carriers go looking for confirmed orders. Have to be a brokerage/carrier or dealer to get into that site.

Ready Auto Transport(broker) & United Road Logistics(broker & carrier) are the two majors in the industry that come to mind for IL to NY. They both have been in the industry for years, are not ran out of some back room in South FL. & move more cars than most can even think of.

I do auto transport & am a carrier, but do not go to NY due to their additional tax(HUT). Would not go there enough to justify the paperwork. Oh & just got screwed over by a So FL broker who promised x cars from point a to b only to find out he did not have them at all. He wasted my time for two days & have nothing to show for it. Have been doing this for years & am convinced there are more wanna be brokers in south FL than convenience stores.
'01LS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 02:28 PM   #3
Gino_7

Drives: 2014 2LT/RS
I had my camaro shipped from Illinois to Florida recently when I purchased it. We went through a website and put our email down. A ton of shipping companies emailed us. We went with the cheapest one with great reviews and it came perfectly in one piece. Ill try and get the company name from my dad, would recommend them to anyone.
Gino_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 03:18 PM   #4
Sandor
Chevrolet Performance

Drives: Camaro Chroma
Chevrolet uses Reliable Carriers. They do a great job, very professional. I have used them to move cars for me personally as well.
Sandor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 03:23 PM   #5
LStick

Drives: 2021 Shadow Gray 1LS
I used to be into Novas. Last few that I had hauled, I used a Tractor Hauling site that let you post your needs, and then folks would bid the job . Worked out great.

Here's the link.......

http://www.yesterdaystractors.com/cgi-bin/haulquery.cgi
Attached Images

LStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 05:19 PM   #6
Splitter
Account Suspended

Drives: '14 RRM 1LT/RS A6
Not reliable carriers.
Splitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 09:35 PM   #7
LStick

Drives: 2021 Shadow Gray 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitter View Post
Not reliable carriers.
Gee, thats too bad.
LStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 11:00 PM   #8
KSX

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitter View Post
Not reliable carriers.
I recently got a quote from them, is there a reason you don't like them?
Old 05-25-2015, 01:01 PM   #9
tjea

Drives: 2014 1ss 1le Blk/Blk
I have used Exotic cars in Fl a couple of times to move cars across the states. Professional drivers and first class equip. Cars were delivered on time.
tjea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 06:21 AM   #10
dutko2385

Drives: 2010 BMW Z4
Hey KSX, uShip can be good but most of the time the companies bidding for your transport is a broker. Then if you accept that bid you have to pay uShip a non-refundable fee, then pay a broker fee and then pay the trucker. It is too costly.

The car shipping companies you'll find online like on Yahoo of Google are brokers (besides Reliable Carriers & DAS). Reliable & DAS will cost too much because of their name and you'll be waiting forever for your vehicle. Using a broker is best because they will find a hauler for you and you can research these brokers ahead of time on the BBB or Transport Reviews to see if they are a good company and use good truckers.

You can get a few quality auto transport quotes by checking out a website Auto Transport Quote Services. They use reputable companies that are prescreened to help you with your process. It is worth a shot.
dutko2385 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 08:45 AM   #11
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSX View Post
Hey all, not sure if this is the right section or not .. I'm trying to get my 1975 Nova shipped from Illinois to New York. I've heard mixed reviews about going through u-ship for the bids because they tend to be some pretty sketchy transports ... Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
What shape is the car? That will determine Open or Enclosed Transport.

If you use a Broker, make sure they can provide you with the Bidder's Biz License and Proof of Insurance
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 11:06 AM   #12
'01LS1

Drives: 2003 Pete
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
What shape is the car? That will determine Open or Enclosed Transport.

If you use a Broker, make sure they can provide you with the Bidder's Biz License and Proof of Insurance
This is an old thread revived for some reason.
But what is a Bidders Biz License?

Auto transport brokers are required to have their Operating Authority MC/USDOT via the Fed Gov & the associated $75,000 bond. Carriers must carry cargo/liability insurance(among other things) & a similar operating authority.

Uship weekend warriors running illegal hope DOT is looking the other way & become religious when something goes wrong as their insurance will not cover issues. But as someone else mentioned, it is mostly a snake pit for brokers. Most legal carriers cannot bid on single item transports.
'01LS1 is offline   Reply With Quote