Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 11-03-2015, 06:43 PM   #1
MrIanB

Drives: 2015 Red Rock Camaro 1LT RS
2015 Camaro Bluetooth streaming skipping nexus 6p?

Driving 2015 Camaro and all my phones stream Google music or internal phone music fine but with the nexus 6p I am having tons of skipping that is not usable. Can't get through one song without multiple skips. Could this be a marshmallow issue? Tried to unpair, re pair phone and car with deleting nexus 6p from car and phone but no luck. Rebooted phone and paired from scratch but issue persists. Please advise or it is going back. I have long commute to and from work and must be able to stream from phone.

Thanks in advance,

Ian B
MrIanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 09:03 PM   #2
MrIanB

Unreal that I am the only person in this forum with a 2015 camaro and nexus 6p phone having streaming music problem.

Regardless, problem fixed.

Ian B
Old 11-10-2015, 11:02 AM   #3
hazy

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
don't think it's MM. I've got a 5x and zero issues. May wanna contact google support asap. If you're still in the 15 day window since receipt of the phone, I believe they'll send you a new one.

Oh...just saw problem fixed....what was the issue?
hazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 11:10 AM   #4
CapeCruisin
Daily Driver 24/7 365

Drives: '15 CRT 2SS/RS/1LE
I doubt that the phone (hardware itself) was having a problem. It was either the connection type being used, the app being updated, the type of music you were listening to (HQ vs Low Quality), whether you were streaming, whether you had an internet connection, whether your internet connect was at LTE or only 3g/2g, etc... lots of factors.
CapeCruisin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 11:14 AM   #5
TDevilsG

Drives: 2013 2LT Victory Red LFX
I have the same issue with my HTC m8. Songs are skipping although they are high quality and don't skip with earphones on. I'd be curious to know what the fix was. I figured this might be a mylink software issue.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
TDevilsG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 09:15 AM   #6
hazy

are you able to replicate the skipping in any way?

I noticed a while back (few months ago) that I would get some skipping issues when using BT on my old Nexus 5. Thought it was the phone, but I'm pretty sure it was the fact that I had a bad battery. I would only notice the skipping when I was sitting in traffic shortly after leaving work. It would be fine, until I put the clutch in while slowing down and the RPMs dropped quickly. BT would drop for a nanosecond, then come back on. I am no hardcore mechanic, but I'm pretty convinced that when the RPMs dropped, the charge that the battery was getting from the alternator dropped at the same time. Since battery was going bad, it would momentarily cut out radio, then immediately come back to life. Replaced my battery a few months ago and haven't ahd the issue since...

I wonder, also, if the newer BT protocols that are present in the more recent phones are the cause...my assumption is that they should be backwards compatible (new phone should be able to connect to older BT device) but you know the thing with assumptions.....
Old 11-13-2015, 08:02 PM   #7
MrIanB

Phone returned.

Ian B
Old 11-13-2015, 11:59 PM   #8
shibbs
Captain Gingerbeard

Drives: 2012 IOM RS/SS 6MT
That's odd. I don't have any problems with my 6P in my 2012. Works flawless for me. Sorry to hear you had problems.
Pedders Coilovers, BMR trailing arms and toe-links, Prothane solid poly subframe bushings, JDP Motorsports rear upper control arm bushings, Texas Speed long-tube headers with 2" primaries, modified fully 3" Magnaflow competition catback. CAI cold-air intake. DBA rotors, Hawk pads.

Quote:
'Hellcat' sounds like some kinda 15 year old furry with liek "I'm a blue fox with wings and magical kawaii powers" kind of sh*t.
shibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 10:15 PM   #9
MrIanB

Got call back from GM after they did some research on nexus 6p skipping when streaming music on my Chevy my link radio. The issue is marshmallow 6.0. This Android version came out after the software update in my Camaro. GM is working with api on software update and will be available soon but no definite date. Will hold off on getting nexus 6p again till they get software. Next time I go to get my oil change will check for updates at dealer for my link.

Ian B
Old 11-24-2015, 01:15 PM   #10
hazy

hmm. This is interesting. I have a 5x running the latest 6.0 build and zero issues. I don't have mylink, only the regular (better, imo..) radio

Oh well....glad you got it fixed. Maybe you should get a 5x instead. that 6p is a massive phone...I have no idea why manufacturers think that's a good idea...but that is an entirely different conversation, so I'll see my way out
Old 11-30-2015, 05:56 PM   #11
fussboss

Drives: 2014 2LT RS
I had issues of skipping/pausing when the music was on my SD card. Now I have a phone with no SD card so it is all on the phone and no issues. I had a Samsung S4 now I have a Note 5. It could have been that...
fussboss is offline   Reply With Quote