Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2018, 03:07 PM   #113
IMadeYouReadThis

Drives: 02 Camaro SS 6M / 11 GMC Sierra
Quote:
Originally Posted by christianchevell View Post
Oshawa has been slated for removal long ago when they moved Camaro production to Bowling Green as the Canadians were so greedy for more wages they ran the UAW out of there representing them the Canadian Greed Workers association which frankly is really their downfall not just the loss of interest in the small car market so much. Eventually the gas prices will go up, just wait some Dem will come into office and tax the crap out of it and not care about the economy but social programs to ensure they stay in power...…

That and design changes coming around for more different models in the future...lazy people want autonomous as they are stupid and its not practical really let alone ever cost effective much, but hey some people...…………..
Unfortunately the Impalas sales have been off though they are nice and the stupid start stop engine crap and stuff you get with a Cruise or even Malibu now is scary crap just to save a drop of fuel...bet in the future people get killed from that crap...…

Think Gm needs to make a Soul/ what ever Toyota etc mini van with retro looks more like the HHR again IMO...……...
I've been at Oshawa for 18 years I'll be losing my job if the plant closes. I just want to say from the bottom of my heart you're an absolute moron. You need to crawl back into your hole and shut up.

Everything you said in your post was absolute stupidness. Google is your friend if you're going to talk s*** at least try to make it educated s***
Old 11-27-2018, 03:45 PM   #114
RankSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
christianchevell:

Go back to "adjusting" your ls3 lifters and stay out of politics.
2010 Camaro SS RS, Maggie with 3.4" pulley, 60# injectors, ADM dual fuel pumps, ADM Stage 2 Cam with Brian Tooley springs and pushrods, black CAI intake, Stainless Works long tube headers w/gutted cats, ZL1 Diff w/offset bushings, Pfadt lowering springs, Pfadt sway bars, Pfadt solid sub frame mounts, BMR trailing arms and toe rods, Hurst short throw shifter, Painted on Hugger Orange stripes, Forgestar F14 Piano Black wheels, Nitto NT05 rubber.
Old 11-27-2018, 03:46 PM   #115
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Mojo View Post
What a slacker! (my 2015 has 11,000 miles )
pfftt.38,000 and change. BTW its not possible that GM,being a huge corporation,cares not about its canadian and american workers and more about boosting profits by paying a less than fair wage by moving production to mexico? toyotas are at least still made in america.
Old 11-27-2018, 04:24 PM   #116
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Passions are high right now, so I'm securing this discussion.

Before I do that, I'm going to get some last words in here. I was devastated to hear of the Oshawa plant closing. Besides the Camaro heritage there, Oshawa's hard workers have been a key component in the success of General Motors over the years. It has been a pleasure driving my Canadian-built Camaro SS for years now, and my heart breaks for those families who will be unexpectedly out of work.

In retrospect, perhaps this has been fairly predictable. As discussed in this thread, the factory has slowly lost production over the years, and no factory is operating a maximum efficiency without full shifts and all machines running. I don't believe Oshawa has been at maximum efficiency for some time, and it's not because the hard-working people of Oshawa have failed. The market has turned, and GM made production choices that hurt our northern neighbors.

The car industry has changed greatly over the years. Just in the last two decades, we've seen a surge in technology and luxury features in everyday cars, we've seen enormous increases in cost of ownership, and we've seen significant volatility in the market caused by issues ranging from war, oil prices, steel prices, tariffs, free trade, white collar crime, mergers, and numerous other politically charged topics that we shouldn't discuss in a friendly community that should work in harmony.

For that reason and others, I'm shutting this discussion down so we can go back to talking Camaros as one unified group of Camaro enthusiasts.
warn 145:159 ban
Old 11-27-2018, 04:49 PM   #117
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
1969 Hurst is my weakness. Growing up my father was president of the Olds club and we had a 1955 Super 88 and then a 1968 98. He was invited to Lansing in 1987 for the 90th celebration. It was a blast for a 16 year old with all those great cars.
Old 11-27-2018, 06:31 PM   #118
RealG

Drives: 2024 2SS
I just read GM is discontinuing the volt and five other cars to focus on electric vehicles. Then WTF is the volt ? Isn’t that there electric vehicle that doesn’t sell ?
GM is a confused company.
Old 11-27-2018, 07:07 PM   #119
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
I've merged multiple threads. So to give Blur the last word again:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
Passions are high right now, so I'm securing this discussion.

Before I do that, I'm going to get some last words in here. I was devastated to hear of the Oshawa plant closing. Besides the Camaro heritage there, Oshawa's hard workers have been a key component in the success of General Motors over the years. It has been a pleasure driving my Canadian-built Camaro SS for years now, and my heart breaks for those families who will be unexpectedly out of work.

In retrospect, perhaps this has been fairly predictable. As discussed in this thread, the factory has slowly lost production over the years, and no factory is operating a maximum efficiency without full shifts and all machines running. I don't believe Oshawa has been at maximum efficiency for some time, and it's not because the hard-working people of Oshawa have failed. The market has turned, and GM made production choices that hurt our northern neighbors.

The car industry has changed greatly over the years. Just in the last two decades, we've seen a surge in technology and luxury features in everyday cars, we've seen enormous increases in cost of ownership, and we've seen significant volatility in the market caused by issues ranging from war, oil prices, steel prices, tariffs, free trade, white collar crime, mergers, and numerous other politically charged topics that we shouldn't discuss in a friendly community that should work in harmony.

For that reason and others, I'm shutting this discussion down so we can go back to talking Camaros as one unified group of Camaro enthusiasts.
Thread(s) closed.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Closed Thread