Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 10:48 AM   #57
cmiller8006

Drives: 2009 Cobalt SS/TC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew View Post
Exactly, when we used to hang out in town we had LS1 F-bodies, Various mustangs, a few Dakotas, a couple Z06s, etc, etc.
Theres only one place around here like that and it's a 50 min drive, but I do it every weekend inthe summer because most of everyone there is cool exept for the group of primer gray civic hatch that think the 100 can out run anything.
Old 01-26-2010, 11:16 AM   #58
Reaper1a

Drives: 2010 Summit White 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
I'm a Mustang owner, and I like the site. I don't have a problem with anyone over something as ridiculous as what brand of car they drive. The Camaro is just like every other car out there, most of the owners are good guys, but it has a few idiot owners.

Ricers are the ones I honestly just avoid. They are the opposite. Most are idiots, but a few are decent guys.
+1
I personally like a multitude of cars, including foreign.
OTOH, 1bad65 has noticed the same thing I have...there is SO much more drama that comes from the "ricer" market.
I tend to sway toward the favor of chevy for the exact same reasons previously mentioned: my dad had a '69 that I was in love with, I had the opportunity to rebuild a '74 as my first car when I was 16, and I absolutely love the new styling of the 5th gen's. I'm impressed with the styling of the new GT500 as well, but frankly can't afford it especially as an everyday driver
All-in-all, I enjoy cars, I enjoy driving, I appreciate other people's cars and the work they've put into them. I don't let what I drive define who I am.
Old 01-26-2010, 01:00 PM   #59
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudack View Post
I think American muscle car owners need to band together against the Asian invasion! G'dang Ricers.... Make my skin crawl with those fart mufflers.
Old 01-26-2010, 01:07 PM   #60
masterofpuppets
Pulling your strings

Drives: My girlfriend crazy with car talk
At the end of the day, the Mustang is always playing catch up. You buy an 09 GT mustang with ~300 HP, it's the big man on campus at the time, and BOOM the Camaro comes out. Same thing happened in 66 after the Mustang ruled pony cars for 2 and a half years.
Old 01-26-2010, 02:16 PM   #61
1bad65
Banned

Drives: 2007 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterofpuppets View Post
At the end of the day, the Mustang is always playing catch up.
How can the car that came out first always be playing catch up?

And the Mustang sure wasn't playing catch up between 2003 to 2009.
Old 01-26-2010, 02:17 PM   #62
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
Quote:
How can the car that came out first always be playing catch up?

And the Mustang sure wasn't playing catch up between 2003 to 2009.
I was thinking that same thing....
Old 01-26-2010, 02:33 PM   #63
Stew

Drives: 92 Luminadead/01 Dakota/97 F150 4x4
Quote:
It sure was fun, wasn't it?

My wife had an MR2 with a turbo on it.
Yep, miss those days haha, now the city cops have gotten so bad you can't even park and chat anymore. Yes, the 1st and second get turbos were pretty sweet little sportsters.
Old 01-26-2010, 02:35 PM   #64
Stew

Drives: 92 Luminadead/01 Dakota/97 F150 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmiller8006 View Post
Theres only one place around here like that and it's a 50 min drive, but I do it every weekend inthe summer because most of everyone there is cool exept for the group of primer gray civic hatch that think the 100 can out run anything.
Got a bit of a story of a turbo civic, actually the guy that had it was a nice guy, but anyways, he thought he could outrun the 02 Z06 that used to sit in town, well, we can't discuss street racing, but I bet you can guess the outcome LOL.
Old 01-26-2010, 02:40 PM   #65
Hoddi
Camaro Girl ~

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Some days I log in here and see the word Mustang more than Camaro.

In this section fine. But even in other sections. I'm not the least bit threatened by the donkey. Like I allways said, if I were rich I'd get my brother a Chally, myself a Camaro, and my sister a Mustang. LMAO
Funny you say that...
my sis has a Mustang (her very first car) and my brother-in-law
has a Challenger (their first date car)!

I love all American muscle.
Old 01-26-2010, 04:26 PM   #66
Ninjak
Banned

Drives: 08 GT Mustang | 65 GT Notchbac
It depends what Mustang sites you are on. The big sites have a multitude of different car owners there and have discussions about cars. The smaller sites may have more bashing on them, but it can happen on any site.

I have seen many various negative comments on this site, and I have seen them on other car sites. Its not about the site, its the individual posting. Some people have a very narrow view of things. So when they belong to a certain group, and a person from another group make a comment, they are automatically wrong because they are not part of the "group".

That narrow mindless have nothing to do with what car you drive. It is the individual. And sadly this happens with to many things in life to begin with.

That said I enjoy many cars. Import to domestic. I just happen to enjoy the Mustang the most. To this date, the car I had the most fun in ever, and it was my first, was a 1970 Emerald Green wit Gold trim Datsun 240 z with a straight six and scorpion 6 pack.
Old 01-26-2010, 07:48 PM   #67
cmiller8006

Drives: 2009 Cobalt SS/TC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew View Post
Got a bit of a story of a turbo civic, actually the guy that had it was a nice guy, but anyways, he thought he could outrun the 02 Z06 that used to sit in town, well, we can't discuss street racing, but I bet you can guess the outcome LOL.
There are a bunch of those around here, only one actually can do anything and runs mid 11's. One of the honda boys was like we will have to tie a rope on that cobalt to keep up. Then I simply asked wanna run, "yea I will run ya" I said lets go, and then nothing turned out to be a 14 sec car.
Old 01-26-2010, 09:09 PM   #68
Jamison711
Jamison711

Drives: 2LT RS BLACK
My friend has and his family has A new cooksey corvette, a C5, 2LT RS, 2LT, New mustang, and a 2001 Viper I believe I dont think it really matters lol
Old 01-26-2010, 09:43 PM   #69
rikelme90

Drives: 2010 black 1lt rs camaro
Send a message via AIM to rikelme90
uuuum maybe because since we were gone they were the dominant attractive american car and everyone payed attention to them, and then we came and took away their entire spotlight and our car's are getting the ooooh and aaahhs from everyone. . .i really don't have a hate thing against them, my friend has a 68 mustang (i actually enjoy riding in it). i just hate the mustang drivers that think they are on a different level than everyone else and act like jerks about it. yea you can love your car but once you start bad mouthing mine then it's on.
Old 01-26-2010, 10:50 PM   #70
Cyber Gray
Wind Rider

Drives: ZL1 19 White; Jeep 5.7 GC 15
Guys Guys!!

Hold on.

It is all about Genes and hormones. Men always tend to love Lions, wolves, tigers, sharkes and all sorts of monsters.

Men like to be loud. Thats why they want their engine sound to be heard on the moon. Thats why some of us will go for a Mustang!!

While others like to be big and serious. Thats why WE go for a Camaro.:5thgenvert:

What is really happening between Camaro owners and Mustang owners is a pure men fight over the gungle. :slice:

There can be only one king !!:fighting0040:

Now how can we link this to ladies. Engaged ladies normally hate Mustangs and Camaros because it is a Men thing.

But once broken or divorced they get to desire more power to show their independence.

This is a pure marketing image.

NO HARD FEELINGS (Love will keep us alive-SCORPIONS)