Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 04-22-2008, 07:02 AM   #29
camarorick

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by camero View Post
WHAT! You guys need to get new computers or something. Or maybe stop going to indy races every weekend. I've never even heard that engine before and I'm in awe!

They've been showing one a finished handworked base iverbuild around GM recently to all the execs etc in ZO6 yellow and it looks AWESOME. Not as good as bumblebee did onscreen or under stagelights but WAY better than he did just sitting in the studio. Color seems easy to me but it's really tough. Anyway everyone that comes in the studio and sees it just stands there transfixed and then tries to touch it to see if it's real. People just stand there and stare for 5 minutes straight, even people that have professed to be 'sick of looking at it' after seeing the clay models for 3 years now. Then they sit in it and even people that don't care about interiors are blown away.... the seating position and view out are so amazing.... you are really down inside the car looking out thru tiny slits. Oh and we finally saw the finished lights on it too and they look excellent.
It sounds great !!....Hmmmmmm........ so you've never heard this engine before .. Can we be looking forward to seeing something completely different under that hood ?

Was the interior a finished one, or is it still in developement? ( One wink NO, two winks YES )
camarorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 07:24 AM   #30
RSHugger

Drives: 1969 RS Camaro
Awesome video but keep in mind why it is at the 'Ring... tuning and tweaking, which tells me the final product will be that much more wicked

I wouldn't worry too much about the exhaust note either... if I remember correctly that is work in progress also.
RSHugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 07:49 AM   #31
69Chevelle

Drives: 69 chevelle
Send a message via AIM to 69Chevelle
that is a nice car
69Chevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 07:54 AM   #32
bigdog98

Drives: GMC 03 SIERRA 2500HD
First of all this is the best site on keeping everyone updated and proving that you can try and stop Camaro but you can't contain it. Thanks again for the cool video.
bigdog98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 08:00 AM   #33
Chevyrocker
Weekend Rockstar

Drives: Depends on the day...
niiiiiiiiiiiiiiice
Chevyrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 08:01 AM   #34
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
awesome find!!! those tires were just screaming for a break...
Old 04-22-2008, 08:02 AM   #35
mega_man_01103

Drives: 2011-12 Chevy Camaro
Send a message via AIM to mega_man_01103
SPEECHLESS!

mega_man_01103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 08:13 AM   #36
Omega94

Drives: 1994 Chevrolet Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by camero View Post
Then they sit in it and even people that don't care about interiors are blown away.... the seating position and view out are so amazing.... you are really down inside the car looking out thru tiny slits. Oh and we finally saw the finished lights on it too and they look excellent.
....clarify?? First you say that the seating postion and view out are amazing...and then you say that you are really down inside the car looking out thru tiny slits...that concerns me...Is that a valid concern? One thing I love about my 4th Gen is the driver's seating position...very driver-centered set up..and the visibility is extremely good, in my opinion (and I'm only 5'10"). However, I didn't like the rake of the windshield...that is a pain sometimes...especially glare. Anyway, could you clarify what's in bold?

1994 Camaro 3.4l V6, 5-speed, SLP Loudmouth I cat-back exhaust.
It's loud, slow as all get out, but loud
No more money going into this one...everything's being saved for my 5th Gen.
2010 Camaro SS 6-speed, Black/Black
Omega94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 08:18 AM   #37
Eisenhower
I drank what?

Drives: DANGEROUSLY
I keep tellin' ya, AWD (optional) and you don't get dissed around those corners by Porsche... But the engine sounded great, you just have to filter out the tires. My favorite part is at 1:00 just when it takes off. hehehehehe... can't get enough.
Eisenhower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 08:21 AM   #38
Hyperknight
Band.

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega94 View Post
....clarify?? First you say that the seating postion and view out are amazing...and then you say that you are really down inside the car looking out thru tiny slits...that concerns me...Is that a valid concern? One thing I love about my 4th Gen is the driver's seating position...very driver-centered set up..and the visibility is extremely good, in my opinion (and I'm only 5'10"). However, I didn't like the rake of the windshield...that is a pain sometimes...especially glare. Anyway, could you clarify what's in bold?
+1 on the glare. One of the few things I hate about my car.
Hyperknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 08:22 AM   #39
RB43TD
Me Likey My Camaro

Drives: 2010 Victory Red 1LT/RS Camaro
Wow! Loved the video. Thanks for posting it. 2009 can't get here soon enough. Still drooling.
Old 04-22-2008, 08:23 AM   #40
SSmoked

Drives: '12 Camaro ZL1 #1255
good video alot of which looked like the same clips were played 2 or 3 times. i really couldnt hear the exhaust cept for the one part where the guy turned on the hwy. but this car does stick to the road like a champ.
Old 04-22-2008, 08:25 AM   #41
Omega94

Drives: 1994 Chevrolet Camaro
MMM! It sounds great! I hear what RrCoX22 was talking about with kind of sounding like a tractor...but honestly I think that's can be attributed to just the sound quality of the video. I agree with Eisenhower about time '1:00'. It sounds AMAZING taking off. I think it looks fantastic in motion...pure sex on wheels Another thing...I really like the way the indicators looked when working...I know that's minor...but still! I hope those turn signals in the grill stay...the lights, I'm glad are going!

1994 Camaro 3.4l V6, 5-speed, SLP Loudmouth I cat-back exhaust.
It's loud, slow as all get out, but loud
No more money going into this one...everything's being saved for my 5th Gen.
2010 Camaro SS 6-speed, Black/Black
Omega94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 08:25 AM   #42
MerF
Go Rays!

Drives: 03 Trailblazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Beast_ View Post
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

at 1:50 its the sound of angels
Haha, I did the same thing when I heard it, looked at the time so I could post this!

Honestly though, when it was wide open and revving there was something about the note I didn't like. Can't put my finger on it, but it sounded muffled/restricted. Idle and low-end full throttle sounded NASTY though, my heart skipped a beat.

Not to mention the handling that car was showing...WOW! If the production car handles nearly that good then we're in for a treat.
MerF is offline   Reply With Quote