Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

View Poll Results: Change Name of this Thread to New "Club Name" to Keep the Thread Going?
"West Central Georgia Camaro Club" - Let's make it official; keep it going and keep it open. 13 92.86%
Start a new thread and start all over again. :( 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-24-2010, 11:48 PM   #15
iluvmy67camaro

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Red Jewel
Quote:
Originally Posted by retrointhepast39 View Post
I've heard about these in Columbus. (1) Which restaurants in town have these and when? I have heard there are more. Is there a website or place on this site that shows times and places for local classic car things? (2) What do they do at the Steak and Shake? Show off the cars or just meet to eat? (3) Does Columbus Cruisers have a website?
3. No, they don't have a website.
2. We are going to find out what they do at Steak and Shake when we cruise over there after our meet is over, as this is the first I've ever heard about it.

#1. I will have the "Columbus Cruisers" list of which weeks & which restaurants at the Camaro Meet on Saturday.

I have gathered up quite a bit of information on Cruise-In's, Meets and Shows for the next few months, now all I need to do is spend some time at my computer and get it all into some semblance of order.

I mailed out another 15 invitations today, last minute submissions of folks that bought in February and March. I don't think they will have time to RSVP, but will probably just show up.

The Meet info goes up on Legacy's HUGE Electronic Marquee on Manchester Expressway starting thursday, so we will generate some great advertising from that.

I'll post up more updates tomorrow!

Night all and thanks for supporting this meet, it really means a lot to me!

Lani

Last edited by iluvmy67camaro; 03-25-2010 at 08:40 AM.
iluvmy67camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 06:00 PM   #16
retrointhepast39

Drives: Camero
Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvmy67camaro View Post
3. No, they don't have a website.
2. We are going to find out what they do at Steak and Shake when we cruise over there after our meet is over, as this is the first I've ever heard about it.

#1. I will have the "Columbus Cruisers" list of which weeks & which restaurants at the Camaro Meet on Saturday.

I have gathered up quite a bit of information on Cruise-In's, Meets and Shows for the next few months, now all I need to do is spend some time at my computer and get it all into some semblance of order.

I mailed out another 15 invitations today, last minute submissions of folks that bought in February and March. I don't think they will have time to RSVP, but will probably just show up.

The Meet info goes up on Legacy's HUGE Electronic Marquee on Manchester Expressway starting thursday, so we will generate some great advertising from that.

I'll post up more updates tomorrow!

Night all and thanks for supporting this meet, it really means a lot to me!

Lani
Hey, great. I'm interested in the restarurants and weeks for the Columbus Crusiers. Would like info on the Columbus Meets and Shows too. Are the Columbus Cruisers the ones with the really old cars like 1940s and all?
retrointhepast39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 06:10 PM   #17
Torrian
T$'s SS

Drives: Victoryred with black rally stripes
Atlanta,Ga stand up!I will be there.
Torrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 11:08 PM   #18
iluvmy67camaro

Wow, what a busy day today was! I drove the cruise route, checked out the back lot at Legacy, sent hubby out shopping for bottled water so we wont go thirsty. Then tonight I went through pages and pages of car shows for the rest of March and all of April for all of the following states, AL, GA, SC, NC, FL, MS, TN. It's a monster list, 15 pages is just too long to make 50 copies of, so I sorted them out to AL & GA and tomorrow will hit the locations up on MapQuest to see if they are do-able for the folks in the Columbus & Atlanta metro areas, since that's where everyone is coming from. I will also have the info on how sign up for this list to get to your home monthly because lord knows it's too much for just little old me to do.

To Torrian, AWESOME, thank you for coming and don't forget to bring some of your Camaro buddies with you!!!

To Retrointhepast39, Who are you??? Have we met??? Yes, they are the ones with the really old cars like 1940s and all, and I will have all the info about the Columbus Cruisers at the meet, after I get all their info organized as well. Honestly, I don't know how these guys keep track, guess they've just been doing it for so long that they just know. I invited all of them to come with all of their old cars and trucks, so you better come too!!!

To Kurt_ots, GSUNCSU, I'll be there too Sorry... couldn't resist that one...

P.S. The Synergy Green Camaro has arrived at Legacy Chevrolet, I hope it lasts till Saturday so everyone can see it. They just got in a large shipment of Camaro's Wednesday, so they are pretty well stocked.

Last edited by iluvmy67camaro; 03-25-2010 at 11:24 PM.
iluvmy67camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 06:49 AM   #19
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
I may be there. Still meeting at the chevy dealsership?
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 11:36 AM   #20
iluvmy67camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott@Bjorn3D View Post
I may be there. Still meeting at the chevy dealsership?
Absolutely, see you there!!!
Old 03-26-2010, 12:03 PM   #21
67CamaroGirl

Drives: 1967 RS Camaro/2010 2SS/RS
My husband and I are looking forward to Saturday. We haven't lived here very long so it's nice to find a local Camaro Club.
67CamaroGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 05:37 PM   #22
iluvmy67camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67CamaroGirl View Post
My husband and I are looking forward to Saturday. We haven't lived here very long so it's nice to find a local Camaro Club.
Wonderful, can't wait to meet you and see your beautiful 67, SWEET RIDE!!!
Old 03-26-2010, 05:48 PM   #23
Bigg Dogg

Drives: GM Car Collection
Lani,

I won't be able to make the trip, previously obligated to a large Corvette Show. But I would like you to see the Custom Under Hood Insualtor I supplied to a member who owns a 2010 Transformer Edition Camaro. Hence the attached pictures. Again, I am looking for several more owners who want to beautify their under hood appearance. I do the engine covers as well. Lifetime of Ownership guarantee. Entry level pricing for a couple more individuals. Please spread the pictures and the word.

Thank you and have fun tomorrow,

Rich
Advanced Design Coatings
Attached Images

Bigg Dogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 06:20 PM   #24
Cataula15

Drives: Rally Yellow 2010 Camaro SS
Lani...
Bad news. I am apparently going to not make it tomorrow. I'm bummed but that's where we are. You guys have fun and take lots of pics so I can show Kim what I missed.

Later...
Rich

2010 Rally Yellow 1SS

6.2L LS3 Engine
Appearance Modifications: GM Hockey Stick Stripes, Custom Cut Hood Spears
Performance Modifications: SLP Skip-Shift Eliminator, Barton Industries Short Throw Shifter, Volant CAI, Vogtland Performance Lowering Springs, Muffler Delete
Cataula15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 06:25 PM   #25
67CamaroGirl

Drives: 1967 RS Camaro/2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Wonderful, can't wait to meet you and see your beautiful 67, SWEET RIDE!!!
Thanks Lani. Looking forward to meeting you too and seeing your cars. Sadly, I won't be driving my '67. Since we moved, we don't have room for it in our garage here so I had to leave it at my dad's garage in NC. We have a 2010 2SS/RS that I am going to drive tomorrow and my husband, Joe, is going to drive his '69. Looks like the weather is going to be nice so hopefully there will be a good turnout.

Wendy
67CamaroGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 08:22 PM   #26
retrointhepast39

Drives: Camero
Quote:
Wow, what a busy day today was! I drove the cruise route, checked out the back lot at Legacy, sent hubby out shopping for bottled water so we wont go thirsty. Then tonight I went through pages and pages of car shows for the rest of March and all of April for all of the following states, AL, GA, SC, NC, FL, MS, TN. It's a monster list, 15 pages is just too long to make 50 copies of, so I sorted them out to AL & GA and tomorrow will hit the locations up on MapQuest to see if they are do-able for the folks in the Columbus & Atlanta metro areas, since that's where everyone is coming from. I will also have the info on how sign up for this list to get to your home monthly because lord knows it's too much for just little old me to do.

To Torrian, AWESOME, thank you for coming and don't forget to bring some of your Camaro buddies with you!!!

To Retrointhepast39, Who are you??? Have we met??? Yes, they are the ones with the really old cars like 1940s and all, and I will have all the info about the Columbus Cruisers at the meet, after I get all their info organized as well. Honestly, I don't know how these guys keep track, guess they've just been doing it for so long that they just know. I invited all of them to come with all of their old cars and trucks, so you better come too!!!

To Kurt_ots, GSUNCSU, I'll be there too Sorry... couldn't resist that one...

P.S. The Synergy Green Camaro has arrived at Legacy Chevrolet, I hope it lasts till Saturday so everyone can see it. They just got in a large shipment of Camaro's Wednesday, so they are pretty well stocked.
No, we haven't met. I've always loved retro items from cars to furniture to all kinds of stuff. I was at something out of town a while back and saw a group of old cars. The owners said my city may have people who get together to show them. I thought they meant just big shows. A while later, I heard about a restaurant in town that sometimes did that with pre-1960s cars and found out they got together at restaurants. I decided to do a search and found this site that talked about get togethers and thought I might ask here. I also have a relative who likes them too and thought they could look with me when they were home from college. Since last posting, I've found out I can't be at the Saturday thing. However, I'm interested to know about the other spots they hit like Fuddruckers for the time I may can go. I hope you all have fun.
retrointhepast39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 08:26 PM   #27
Deric884

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I'll be by!
Cold Air Inductions CAI
Kooks 1 7/8 headers w/high flow cats
SLP Skip Shift eliminator
Dyno Tune
Richmond 4.10 Gears (waiting to do install)
Exterior and Interior Customization
Deric884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 09:50 AM   #28
iluvmy67camaro

The big day is upon us and I imagine that some of you are already enroute. Please drive safe and arrive safe. When you get to Legacy Chevy, drive straight back to the Caddy Bldg and take a right, we are on the back lot, in front of the Premium Used Car bldg on the Left, just look for all the:

See you in a bit!

I am so excited!!!