Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 06-14-2021, 10:13 PM   #15
Swindle3234

Drives: Yellow 2011 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BatmaroBeauty View Post
I’ll definitely keep updating my thread and post once I get answers and final numbers. I considered taking a crack at the leaderboard too and may take ONE pass just to get times, but we’ll see. With my luck and the black cloud that follows me, it’ll only take that one time for my engine to blow lol

MACE camshafts are mentioned in the list of performance parts and they’re already in the car. I have them with modified fuel lobe that Will outsources for machining, which they think is why I’m having these fuel system issues since there's no high side upgrade typically on the LLTs but with the MACE cams I did and the larger fuel lobe, the fuel pressure can be raised over the factory LLT 1700 psi through the tune and this will provide more fuel capacity. I also got the MACE 90# valve springs and Overkill’s larger 76mm throttle body.

Car hasn’t left the shop in 17 months so I couldn’t tell you how the parts hold up because we’re still addressing issues with getting everything running correctly. I can tell you that we ended up taking the Accel SuperCoils off and putting the factory ignition coils back in because the Accel ones were causing misfires. But that’s all the negative info I know as far as all the parts I had been getting put in by the shop, which is a good thing I suppose.
Oh my bad! I must have missed the cams lol. Are the cams directly from mace not suited well for forced induction or is Will’s modification just supposed to be better for boost? I had not seen anything about the camshaft modification on Overkill’s website. Is it something you have to request from Will directly?
Swindle3234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 10:58 PM   #16
BatmaroBeauty
BOOST OR BUST

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT
No worries!

Will used to sell them directly from his website but it was very limited supply. We exchanged several messages where he mentioned it was hard for him to buy so many at a time because MACE wouldn’t separate the one cam required for the modified fuel lobe to reduce his up front costs. The below screenshot was from Nov 2018:
Name:  93CBE2B8-BB4F-4332-A85D-3DB9F4EF7A55.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  87.9 KB

There had been a group buy on Facebook in March 2019 with only 25 spots for cams, fuel lobe, valve springs that filled up fast but I missed out anyway since I don’t have FB.
Name:  3EA572D3-3246-4595-8685-EB7DADAC96AA.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  91.6 KB

Back in January 2020, Will said there were several people selling their sets from the group purchase in the summer and asking anywhere between $450 to the $550 they paid. He was unsure if any were the machine lobes that he did but it could be done separately for approx $200.

He also discussed how the fuel pump overdrive needs to be done in batches and being at the mercy of the machinists schedule. So to alleviate all this and try expediting things, I purchased the cams directly from MACE via eBay and had them shipped directly to Will. He sent the three cams he didn’t need to the shop that was working on my car and the fourth to the machinist where I waited in the queue.

BUILD STATUS: LOADING BOOST . . .

Last edited by BatmaroBeauty; 06-14-2021 at 11:10 PM.
BatmaroBeauty is offline   Reply With Quote