Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 06-19-2019, 09:33 PM   #1
LS3_SPEED6

Drives: SS
Exclamation Need Info: Procharging BOTH Cars: How much boost will this setup make?

Hey everyone! It's finally time to boost both cars. Wife and I are super excited. She has a 2017 Chevy SS Sedan A6, while I have of course a 2014 Camaro SS M6. Wife's car is going to get boosted first. Just wondering if anyone has any input on how much boost psi and power she will make? I know it's not a direct comparison to the Camaro, but any input or experience would be appreciated. Thinking of doing the same setup. Wife's setup currently:

2017 Chevy SS Sedan (Auto 6L80E, LS3)
1 7/8 ARH Headers with their 3" connection pipes (no cats), 3" X pipe and piping back to Borla Touring Mufflers (2.5").

She will be doing: P1X, helical, 3 core intercooler, 3.7" pulley.

So on a bone stock SS Sedan, the P1X makes 8psi on the 3.9" pulley. With the headers and slightly smaller pulley, would it be safe to say the car should make 8.5-9psi? Not trying to do anything crazy (for now lol).

Again, if anyone has a similar setup on there Camaro, or know any info on pulley and boost, headers loosing boost, etc, it would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!
LS3_SPEED6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 08:06 PM   #2
LS3_SPEED6

Bump. Anyone? Would really appreciate any useful info.
Old 06-23-2019, 12:49 PM   #3
davidscamaro

Drives: 2010 SS/RS M6
Would think you will get the power gain they advertise, if you pully down a size 20-30hp and with headers on the car +30hp as well , 50 to 60hp over the advertised gain of the p-1 blower on ls3
Old 06-24-2019, 12:54 PM   #4
LS3_SPEED6

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidscamaro View Post
Would think you will get the power gain they advertise, if you pully down a size 20-30hp and with headers on the car +30hp as well , 50 to 60hp over the advertised gain of the p-1 blower on ls3
Hey man thanks for getting back to me. My main concern really are the boost levels. I guess what I am trying to figure out is how much boost is lost with 1 7/8 headers and 3" exhaust.
Old 06-24-2019, 01:02 PM   #5
rgrmoreira13

Drives: 2015 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS3_SPEED6 View Post
Hey man thanks for getting back to me. My main concern really are the boost levels. I guess what I am trying to figure out is how much boost is lost with 1 7/8 headers and 3" exhaust.
You might need to speak with procharger and see how much boost you will be making. In my personal instance I have a D1x procharger and just ordered a 3.85 pulley and they have mentioned it would make around 10-12lbs of boost.
So with a 3.90 pulley I am not entirely sure since the gearing is completely different.

TSP Stage 2 Boosted Cam 227/235 at 114 LSA
Fore Innovation Triple pump staged (Walbro 342 primary and 2x Walbro 450 secondaries)
Procharger D1x with a 3.85 pulley
ID1050x Injectors
Flex Fuel Sensor
Monster LT1 Twin Disk Clutch
Holley Sniper Efi Intake Manifold
NW 103mm Boosted TB
747rwhp at 12psi on E85
rgrmoreira13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 02:16 PM   #6
davidscamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS3_SPEED6 View Post

Boost is not a measurement of power, it a measurement of restriction. If you running the recommended pully for stock internals ls3 and have supporting mods like longtube headers and 3" exhaust. Seeing lower boost psi is a good thing not bad , it's all about flow = more air in and more air out reduces restriction and increases power

You can pully down to make even more power on top of what you would with the recommended pully for stock internals ls3 yes , but just remember everything has a breaking point and with working the blower harder the temp of the boost will increase and make pre detonation much more likely
Old 06-24-2019, 02:30 PM   #7
davidscamaro

What I'm trying to say is don't be so caught up on boost psi #

It's the flow that will make power "safe power"

Sure you have heard it before and it's true , "motors are just big air pumps" and the more air in has to be met with a way to get out or you will be at a bottle neck of power production