Bigwormgraphix

Old 12-19-2022, 12:03 PM   #15
KILLA BEE
Black lightning

Drives: 2021 ZL1 1LE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ariZona28 View Post
Shame, shame.
Agreed, I really don’t have time to drive it like I want due to work .it’s only 5000 ish miles on it so I take checking the oil for granted
Old 12-19-2022, 12:06 PM   #16
KILLA BEE
Black lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteMale View Post
Flashing CEL is a misfire, I had this recently immediately after a fillup (half tank at the most) on BP 93 on a WOT pull. I hooked up my OBDII scanner and it had no codes and the light had gone out <1 min after illuminating. But it caused me some concern. Temps were super cold that day and I figured it got a gulp of 10 degree air that I didn't like. So far so good, no reoccurance.
Wow sounds exactly like mine! No codes and a flashing Cel that doesn’t stay on AND THE SAME GAS STATION, probably a coincidence but I’m not going back to BP again
Old 12-19-2022, 12:08 PM   #17
KILLA BEE
Black lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigilante375 View Post
The cars do lose oil when driven hard, especially at the track. As mentioned you generally wait up to 30 minutes before checking the oil so that it has time to settle.

A hot engine will read much lower than a cold engine. As long as it's in the hash, you're OK but if that reading was from waiting at least 30 minutes then you need to add a quart or so. If it was bad gas, you'd know. I had bad has my Tundra once and it wouldn't start the engine immediately. It would take a extra 2 or 3 turns of the ignition. Plus I had a CEL on the whole time once it did start.

For the check engine light, what else was going on at that time? Were you coming out of a corner? Were you WOT down a straight? How much has was in the car at the time? Did it feel like it was reducing power? What mods do you have or are you stock?

You could have air in the supercharger coolant. But you might be able to go to Autozone and let them do a free scan to see if the codes are stored in the car.
Is there a code for air in the supercharger coolant?
Old 12-19-2022, 02:11 PM   #18
Vigilante375

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLA BEE View Post
Is there a code for air in the supercharger coolant?
No. You may get a reduced power message on the screen if it's really bad. But it's one of those things where if it's not enough to cause that to show, the car will feel every so sluggish when WOT. Kinda hard to tell.

Its stupid that the ZL1 doesn't have a supercharger coolant reservoir from the factory.
Vigilante375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2022, 03:27 PM   #19
KILLA BEE
Black lightning

Quote:
No. You may get a reduced power message on the screen if it's really bad. But it's one of those things where if it's not enough to cause that to show, the car will feel every so sluggish when WOT. Kinda hard to tell.

Its stupid that the ZL1 doesn't have a supercharger coolant reservoir from the factory.
Agreed and there’s no codes or any pending or reduced power and still flew at the track minus the engine sputtering a bit, so ima wait and see, let it play out. Added 1 quart of oil because that’s all they had will drive again Tommorow
Old 01-07-2023, 04:32 PM   #20
KILLA BEE
Black lightning

Welp the light went from blinking to staying on which is good I could finally use the scanner. Code is P0127 which probably and damn plug of a spark plug! Plugs look fine probably a plug
Old 01-07-2023, 04:54 PM   #21
Vigilante375

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLA BEE View Post
Welp the light went from blinking to staying on which is good I could finally use the scanner. Code is P0127 which probably and damn plug of a spark plug! Plugs look fine probably a plug
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but that comes up as a IAT too high code, not spark plug. It's located in the MAF, I believe. So if it's failed, it's understandable since the car is sucking warmer air while on the track.
Vigilante375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2023, 05:25 PM   #22
KILLA BEE
Black lightning

Quote:
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but that comes up as a IAT too high code, not spark plug. It's located in the MAF, I believe. So if it's failed, it's understandable since the car is sucking warmer air while on the track.
Ook It does say that and it won’t clear sooooo does anyone know where the IAT sensor is located. Tune related? It still drives fine fyi

Last edited by KILLA BEE; 01-07-2023 at 05:40 PM.
KILLA BEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2023, 12:35 PM   #23
1badtie

curious what this turns out to be Subscribed..

2010 2SS RS --- SOLD
MODS-
Performance: BMR trailing arms & bushings | BMR Toe links | X-pipe | Muffler delete | Vmax ported throttle body | Apex "strong" MAS | Vararam CAI | Apex catch can | Kooks Headers | Kooks HF Cats | Dyno tuned by GPI 417 RWHP 409 FT-Lb
Cosmetic: painted Zl1 rockers | Zl1 grill | AAC side markers | AAC LED backup lights | windows tint | taillight tint | JDP tow hook | all emblems blacked out | LED fogs
1badtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2023, 11:11 AM   #24
Plasar

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Vert M6
Lots of “e-dipstick haters” out there, but my E93 BMW M3 was the best, I always knew where my oil level was.
Attached Images

Plasar is offline   Reply With Quote