Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-16-2011, 10:23 AM   #57
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
It just shows the kind of person you are, and unfortunately there are more and more people just like you these days. Someone gives you a complement and you dis them because of the car there in. Very uncool. This is not a ford or chevy thing at all and if you can't see that then I feel sorry for you.
So good-natured rivalries are a bad thing these days? I've never gone after Ford with malice EVER. As I said, the ribbing is something that's gone on for many years from both sides, and is mostly respectful.

Some people just don't get that, though...
Old 03-16-2011, 10:49 AM   #58
heRS
Raised by Wolves

Drives: IBM 2010 2LT RS M6
I get it Steve. Meybe it's a NW sense of humor but yeah, must rib the stang owners whenever feasible. My husband has to live with it daily siince he's sort of a Ford fanboy.
Since she "almost" got a Camaro I would have had to ask her if her fear of going fast was the deciding factor in her mustang purchase. Then wait to see if she floors it when the light turns green "to show you"...

heRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 10:55 AM   #59
tom692010
Account Suspended

Drives: 4 wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post
I probably would have rated her a 5 on a scale of 1-10. In order to do her justice, I had to look for a similar picture of her on TheSmokingGun.com's mugshot roundup. It's not exact, and she had more "smokers wrinkles" than the person pictured below...but it's pretty close.

If you vote this as a 5 you shouldn't be driving a Camaro either. Max 2.5
tom692010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 11:07 AM   #60
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom692010 View Post
If you vote this as a 5 you shouldn't be driving a Camaro either. Max 2.5
I'm older, so standards go down over the years

Plus, there's a wide range of people that can easily rate the 1-4 categories that are no where near as nice looking as those I posted

Fortunately, there's also a wide range of 7-10's that we can all appreciate!
Old 03-16-2011, 12:41 PM   #61
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Quote:
The worst (or best, depending on how you look at it) part of this was after she complimented my car, there was a noticable pause while my mind did the "Angel/Devil" argument on how I should answer. I'm pretty certain she could see those guys on my shoulders as I stumbed for an answer...

Angel: Tell her that her car is awesome too! It's good Karma
Devil: Screw that you *****! You need to diss her and her boyfriend driver for even driving that Ford POS! Tell them that It's AWESOME....that it's even running!
Angel: No, no, no...no need to insult the nice lady. Tell her you love the return of the muscle cars, and Ford did a decent job with the Mustang.
Devil: Oh, bite me Angel! It's a freaking FORD. Tell her if she wasn't so dog-faced, she could ride with you, but with looks like that she is pretty much stuck hanging out with Ford drivers! Bwahahaha!
Angel: You can't say that...that's just mean spirited. Snicker. OK...just say it's a decent car...
Okay, that made me LOL for real. No, I probably would not have said what you said. I would have likely just have said thanks & maybe that she would love the Camaro. But of course, I am also of that "older generation" referred to in earlier posts.

BTW. After I visited another automotive forum when a thread noted some of our C5 ladies (and I stress ladies) pics were posted there, I understand why our mods have tightened up a bit on what can be posted. That site was out of control!

Last edited by RubyCamaro; 03-16-2011 at 12:45 PM. Reason: added another comment
RubyCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 12:45 PM   #62
1bad65
Banned

Drives: 2007 Mustang GT
I think you acted like an ***. When someone in a muscle/classic/custom car pays me a compliment I always return the favor.

I mean, how would you Camaro guys like it if every non-GM guy you complimented came back with, "Hey, that's a nice Obamamobile you got there."
1bad65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 12:58 PM   #63
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
I think you acted like an ***. When someone in a muscle/classic/custom car pays me a compliment I always return the favor.

I mean, how would you Camaro guys like it if every non-GM guy you complimented came back with, "Hey, that's a nice Obamamobile you got there."
I wouldn't get angry about it, that's for sure. I'd be thinking "Zing", nice one...and then come up with something to fire back. Has America sunk so far that everyone takes everything seriously all the time?

I posted this because I found the whole situation amusing. I didn't yell back "your car sucks", because that -would- be rude.

And, yes, saying "Your car is awesome" to anyone with a Ford is just incomprehensible for me to say. It'll never happen. I -might- think it in the deepest depths of my heart, but the words are NEVER going to leave my lips. It's the principle of the matter!
Old 03-16-2011, 01:01 PM   #64
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
Okay, that made me LOL for real. No, I probably would not have said what you said. I would have likely just have said thanks & maybe that she would love the Camaro. But of course, I am also of that "older generation" referred to in earlier posts.

BTW. After I visited another automotive forum when a thread noted some of our C5 ladies (and I stress ladies) pics were posted there, I understand why our mods have tightened up a bit on what can be posted. That site was out of control!
What forum was it? I'd like to check it out. LOL
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 01:23 PM   #65
ViperTomcat
Banned

Drives: 2011 Avenger Heat
Quote:
So good-natured rivalries are a bad thing these days? I've never gone after Ford with malice EVER. As I said, the ribbing is something that's gone on for many years from both sides, and is mostly respectful.

Some people just don't get that, though...
Here is the difference, however.

What happened is you had someone pay you a compliment, and you, incapable of getting out of your mindset that ALL people are involved in the rivalry.
She complimented your car, said she almost bought one, and was sincere. So, you, in your infinite maturity, can only reply with a smarmy "your car is decent". And how DARE the driver of the Mustang hear that you said something remotely close to civil about the car.

So instead of acting as an ambassador for the Camaro community on a potential buyer (because she was just the passenger, not the driver), you acted like a ****.

I know if I had been in that situation, you would have just pressed me towards a new Mustang. How would you have liked it had you given someone a compliment on their new Corvette and the owner said "yeah, your car is decent for a mullet-mobile"
ViperTomcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 01:28 PM   #66
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperTomcat View Post
Here is the difference, however.

What happened is you had someone pay you a compliment, and you, incapable of getting out of your mindset that ALL people are involved in the rivalry.
She complimented your car, said she almost bought one, and was sincere. So, you, in your infinite maturity, can only reply with a smarmy "your car is decent". And how DARE the driver of the Mustang hear that you said something remotely close to civil about the car.

So instead of acting as an ambassador for the Camaro community on a potential buyer (because she was just the passenger, not the driver), you acted like a ****.

I know if I had been in that situation, you would have just pressed me towards a new Mustang. How would you have liked it had you given someone a compliment on their new Corvette and the owner said "yeah, your car is decent for a mullet-mobile"
Exactly! +1,000 See even challenger guys get it. LOL
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 01:34 PM   #67
ViperTomcat
Banned

Drives: 2011 Avenger Heat
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Exactly! +1,000 See even challenger guys get it. LOL
The only thing that kept me out of a Camaro and put me into the Challenger was the fact that the local Chevy dealers all refused to move away from the $5,000 markup they had on all their Camaros. My local Dodge dealer gave me a price that was just below MSRP on a R/T and I went for it.

If the Chevrolet dealers had done the same, I'd be in a Camaro today, not a Challenger (and then the Avenger).
ViperTomcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 02:45 PM   #68
1bad65
Banned

Drives: 2007 Mustang GT
Quote:
Has America sunk so far that everyone takes everything seriously all the time?
You're the one doing it!

Quote:
And, yes, saying "Your car is awesome" to anyone with a Ford is just incomprehensible for me to say. It'll never happen. I -might- think it in the deepest depths of my heart, but the words are NEVER going to leave my lips. It's the principle of the matter!
Sounds like you take it WAAAAYYY to serious.
1bad65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 03:42 PM   #69
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
You're the one doing it!

Sounds like you take it WAAAAYYY to serious.
Perhaps, but you do drive a Ford, therefore your argument is invalid!
Old 03-16-2011, 03:47 PM   #70
C5RocksC5
Banned

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
you seem to always these stories..
C5RocksC5 is offline   Reply With Quote