Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-05-2012, 04:24 PM   #43
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
honestly, I think those threads are started because most people have experienced it. I dont experience all the things, but its funny when majority of us do experience similar things.
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 04:25 PM   #44
L99SS

Drives: '10 Camaro IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post
Being that we don't have Charter around here...I'm assuming we're talking about an ad campaign? Got a link I can look at
You asked for it...

Old 03-05-2012, 04:35 PM   #45
SixGracing

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3 A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroaarp View Post
The first year on this site was awesome. Respectful people, good topics, helpful info on mods, etc. Now it's mostly highschool banter. Oh well, its a car owned by younger people. Read the corvette site and it's all old men (like me) talking politics and 'my GS is better than your coupe' nonsense. That's the internet for you! To answer your question... no, none of these things ever happen to me either. 'Nice car ' comments at the gas station, but no race challenges or rude comments from others. BTW... what is your Camaro's name?
The Camaro is a car owned by younger people? I don't know many younger people who can drop $40K on a new Camaro. If you mean younger by people in their 30's and 40's? If a young kid owns a Camaro, it's obviously Daddy purchased. For one the car is expensive, and secondly insuring a young kid on an SS would be wallet draining...

Back to the original subject. What people discuss is really of no consequence. Like others have said, you don't have to read it. If I read a thread topic that says "DO people pull on your door handle hard", I doubt I'm going to take the time to read it. This site is wonderful for finding information about modded 5th Gens. The information on here is pricesless and lots of Camaro owners have taken some amazing time to share their knowledge with the rest of us. I weed out the useless and run with the useful.

I love this site! Camaro5 Rocks!
Old 03-05-2012, 05:16 PM   #46
RichGreene
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 1SS M6 Green 1993 Custom Eldo
Quote:
Originally Posted by rez333 View Post
Live and let live. True, some of the posts here make me go "what????" but that's my inside voice.

I would rather inane threads about CAMAROS than have forum nazis who like to shut down conversations about Camaros, just because they're worded in a way that offends them. Forum Nazis are the worst and some forums are full of them - thankfully Camaro5 isn't, and we should all be happy about that.

Nothing worse than a forum full of people treading on eggshells for fear of offending the Forum Nazis who use the forum as their own personal dictatorship.
Just what I've been thinking !!!
RichGreene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 05:49 PM   #47
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
what's the best CAI?
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 05:53 PM   #48
SixGracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffrcobra_65 View Post
what's the best CAI?
For what application? Roto-Fab's are nice. But there are a lot of options. Sometimes it boils down to preference/taste but most aftermarket CAI's are better than stock.
Old 03-05-2012, 05:56 PM   #49
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixGracing View Post
For what application? Roto-Fab's are nice. But there are a lot of options. Sometimes it boils down to preference/taste but most aftermarket CAI's are better than stock.
will it void my warranty?
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 05:56 PM   #50
mhood
Orange Camaros Rule!

Drives: 2010 1SS LS3 RS IOM
Quote:
I don't see what you did there.

Mary - Orange Camaros Rule!
mhood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 07:05 PM   #51
Muscle SS
All blackkk

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffrcobra_65 View Post
will it void my warranty?
No, but it can. But a tune will void your warranty for sure
Old 03-05-2012, 07:23 PM   #52
ZachSGMSS

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM Camaro
Quote:
The Camaro is a car owned by younger people? I don't know many younger people who can drop $40K on a new Camaro. If you mean younger by people in their 30's and 40's? If a young kid owns a Camaro, it's obviously Daddy purchased. For one the car is expensive, and secondly insuring a young kid on an SS would be wallet draining...

I love this site! Camaro5 Rocks!
Not always true... I ordered my first one when I was 18.. My dad did cosign with me though because I had no credit at the time. Just before I turned 20 I traded for an SS and that was done all on my own. And I've always paid for my own gas and insurance (which btw is actually a little cheaper than it was on my 2LT I had before) You shouldn't always assume just cause someones young they don't have any money of their own. Now if what you said was aimed more towards the few people that have gotten the car before they're even old enough to drive or just turned 16 then you are probably right.

Last edited by ZachSGMSS; 03-06-2012 at 04:26 AM.
ZachSGMSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 07:38 PM   #53
Coyotekiller
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 AGM 2SS
Quote:
Well I'm pretty sure I'm 24 and I'm easily affording my $40K 2SS. Not sure where you are going with that one...
Coyotekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 07:45 PM   #54
SSmoothie

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6SP Blk/Blk
I think the key word is "many". You guys would probably be in the 2 percent.
Old 03-05-2012, 08:26 PM   #55
GotGame55
Haters gonna hate?

Drives: '04 Chevy Dirtymax
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSmoothie View Post
I think the key word is "many". You guys would probably be in the 2 percent.
I am the 2%
Old 03-06-2012, 02:41 AM   #56
SixGracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyotekiller View Post
Well I'm pretty sure I'm 24 and I'm easily affording my $40K 2SS. Not sure where you are going with that one...
Not going anywhere with this. A statement was made that the Camaro is a "younger" guys car. I think the Camaro is for everyone. And I don't doubt there are many young guys in their 20's and maybe even teens that could afford one. The majority however cannot. I have always owned nice cars and started buying them young too with my Dad co-signing in the beginning. My desire to have nice things drove me to work hard, own businesses etc to make it happen. I was definitely not insulting young, successful people with $$. If you are 20 and you drive a new SS, that's awesome. If I were 20, I'd be driving one too. Only now I'm 40 something and driving one.