Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 12-22-2012, 05:01 PM   #1
ZachSGMSS

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM Camaro

Last edited by ZachSGMSS; 08-04-2016 at 12:44 AM.
ZachSGMSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 05:08 PM   #2
Z_Rocks

Drives: everyone crazy...
I still have not seen any good pictures from this kit to see it's setup or even a dyno chart.
Z_Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 05:14 PM   #3
Matt @ FSP

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_Rocks View Post
I still have not seen any good pictures from this kit to see it's setup or even a dyno chart.
I street tuned this turbo car already, however, my dyno will not be setup until around January 1st so we will dyno it then for numbers. For any questions you can contact RX Performance direct (SC2150), I am not the installer, just the toona!
Matt @ FSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 05:41 PM   #4
Z_Rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachSGMSS View Post
Like I said " I am waiting on Matt @ FSP to get his shop up and running to get my final tune in the car and to get some dyno numbers so when that happens I'll update this thread to show what kind of numbers this kit is making"... As for pictures I do no have any and I assume what you really want to see pictures of are under the car because I know Tracy has posted pictures of the engine bay in other threads however I do not know if he has any other pictures. But if there is anything you would like to see that doesn't require a lift (I do not have access to one) to get a picture of I will do my best to get that picture for you.
Thanks Zach; Enjoy the new power. Turbo is the best, just be VERY careful when the boost comes on. Also, be sure not go into boost if you're turning or going into corners. You can loose the back very fast.
Old 12-22-2012, 05:42 PM   #5
Z_Rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt @ FSP View Post
I street tuned this turbo car already, however, my dyno will not be setup until around January 1st so we will dyno it then for numbers. For any questions you can contact RX Performance direct (SC2150), I am not the installer, just the toona!
Matt, are you opening your own shop? Isn't the kit yours that you brought with you when you moved to Florida?
Old 12-22-2012, 05:44 PM   #6
Matt @ FSP

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_Rocks View Post
Matt, are you opening your own shop? Isn't the kit yours that you brought with you when you moved to Florida?
Yes I am opening my own shop now (Had one up in North NJ for years). The base design was my kit that I we had made back at my old shop, but RX re-designed some aspects of the kit.
Matt @ FSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 06:26 PM   #7
Z_Rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachSGMSS View Post
Yeah I've gotten that warning a few times from a few people already. I'm pretty careful as it is though and I won't be messing around with it too much until I feel comfortable with the power. When I'm back down in their area I can try to get pictures from under the car if Tracy doesn't already have some if you would like. Just let me know what you want to see and I'll see what I can do.
I just saw some pics on the forum from under the car. Looks nice & clean.
Did you also get Meth kit added? That would be very important. And you can buy the Meth from Bradenton's race track.
Old 12-22-2012, 08:41 PM   #8
Birm

Drives: Florida Speed & Power
Glad you are enjoying it brother. Cant wait to go for a ride Dont worry about Meth for the time being When you are ready to get more out of it down the road, then take that step .

Just enjoy the new found power
Birm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 12:57 PM   #9
Birm

Drives: Florida Speed & Power
Sounds good man, I was gonna hit you up weds, but I wanted to let you enjoy it a little before we started the joy rides lol.
Birm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:28 PM   #10
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
Right now Zach's is limited to 6-7#'s so no meth inj or upgrade fuel system. Just the injectors to match. Matt's tuning on the dyno will be the final (Matt does ALL of our tuning/dyno work) results to post up.

System is clean and dosent interfere with the steering column and being a front mount relies on gravity return so no scavenge pump.

Matt sized the turbo and he nailed it....by 2700 it is spooled up and making good boost so cant wait to see 1/4 mile times as well.

For more power, all Zack's build needs is fuel pump and change the wastegate springs, but it is a beast as is.

This is available complete, installed, tuned for under $7k and NO short cuts on any components....Tial wastegate & blow off, all stainless mandrel bent with the hotside ceramic coated (Zack's is wrapped) and choice of cold side pipes polished or painted to match the car.

Twin system is around a grand more and plenty of options depending on the goals, and we have install slots open now.

SC2150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 01:02 PM   #11
Z_Rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC2150 View Post
Right now Zach's is limited to 6-7#'s so no meth inj or upgrade fuel system. Just the injectors to match. Matt's tuning on the dyno will be the final (Matt does ALL of our tuning/dyno work) results to post up.

System is clean and dosent interfere with the steering column and being a front mount relies on gravity return so no scavenge pump.

Matt sized the turbo and he nailed it....by 2700 it is spooled up and making good boost so cant wait to see 1/4 mile times as well.

For more power, all Zack's build needs is fuel pump and change the wastegate springs, but it is a beast as is.

This is available complete, installed, tuned for under $7k and NO short cuts on any components....Tial wastegate & blow off, all stainless mandrel bent with the hotside ceramic coated (Zack's is wrapped) and choice of cold side pipes polished or painted to match the car.

Twin system is around a grand more and plenty of options depending on the goals, and we have install slots open now.

VERY nice and reasonable price. I'm sure you do well. Haven't followed, but what brand and specs turbo do you offer as part of this price range?
Thanks and...

p.s. Nervermind on the brand. Just saw the name on the pics. Just the specs.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:04 AM   #12
bumblebeecamaro
Car Lover By Nature

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue Metallic SS
I would think a complete turbo kit installed and tune for $7K would be a great deal.
Old 01-03-2013, 01:06 PM   #13
47AJV8

Drives: A White Car
Wow, looks awesome! I've always liked the look of the single turbo up front!
Old 01-03-2013, 02:28 PM   #14
Medi0cr3
Untamed Performance EPT

Drives: 2011 2SS
Got full dyno numbers yet?
Hurst Short-Shifter; Ideal Garage Master Cylinder
H-E Street Slayer Twin Billet Clutch
BMR: Adjustable; Trailing Arms, Toe Rods, Extreme Sway Bar. BMR Subframe Bushings.
Strange Rear Coilovers and mounts
Tuned by Rhino79

Medi0cr3 is offline   Reply With Quote