Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 11-23-2010, 12:34 PM   #43
2010 Bumblebee

Drives: Transformers Edition Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza7 View Post
CamaroScotty..there is a $1000 rebate if you trade in a Pontiac. (or there was just a short time ago) Our dealers here are truly pathetic. Mine wanted a $10,000 premium for a Transformer package. I want a ragtop, but not at a premium. If they don't get real, Ford will sell me a very nice 2011 Mustang convertible, loaded, for $28,000.
Is that $10K premium for a 2012 Transformer package? or a 2010. I got mine for $2300 less than sticker. Those new mustangs are nice.. I've been thinking about buying one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinBills 2SS View Post
And you will be driving a F___ Rustang with all the other Girls. make sure you get a automatic with that six cylinder!!!!!!!!!!
That new BOSS 302 they are coming out with looks like it's going to be a real fast car !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift View Post
Theres 2 ways to look at this
1- The dealer is a greedy asshole
2- The dealership is running out of money and really does need the money to pay the rent.

Either way you dont want to deal with them.

Dont hold it against GM or their products as its the local franchise trying to screw you not GM. Sucks you ran into one of these types but you'll find the same types at other makes dealers as well.
They do this all the time when a good thing comes along. GM should put in whatever contract they have with dealers that they cannot sell a car for over sticker. I also thought the markup applies to only cars on the lot and if you order one the highest they can charge you is sticker. Someone should really look into the laws on this stuff because I thought that's why they started putting stickers way back when on cars so people wouldn't get ripped off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaBear@SpartaChevy View Post
Never a dealer markup here!
What about mark down ? Do you give deals or just charge the sticker? So say someone wants an SS/RR Vert would you take $2k off the sticker?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
There are no "rebates" in the sense of the work, but yes, THERE MAY BE INCENTIVES. A good dealer will gather all your information, and check every possibility, including loyalty.

Don't give up on Chevy yet....I had a Mustang convertible come in on trade....The owner bought a coupe - he was fed up with all the cracks and creeks his Mustang made.

The problem will be a little harder than it was with the coupes, since production will be somewhere around slightly less than 1/3rd of what the coupes were... Lots of buyers, a lot less cars. Smaller dealers will be lucky to get two or more in the first round. Others like Eric Hall at Classic Grapevine Texas has 50+ Allotment, which means you have a very good chance to get the car you want, WITHOUT getting raked over the coals!

Why do I mention another dealer? Because ours are nearly all filled for round #1

GM will make as many as they can sell there is no limit to the amount of convertibles being made. So if there is a buyer they will make another convertible. There are usually less convertibles because there are less people across the country who want them as opposed to hard tops because of factors like weather. The only thing is there are a bunch of people who want them now and the greedy dealers are going to play the supply and demand thing and over charge the first customers but after a while when it wears off they will be begging for someone to buy a car..

GM Just build a good car people want, Dealers don't get greedy and will sell them like hot cakes ! That is the formula.. The GM dealers get greedy and ruin a good thing for a lot of other people who might have bought a GM car if the price was normal and not an insult.

Think of this someone wants a convertible or a Z-28, but the dealer says "oh this is a special car and there aren't too many around" so they ask $5000 over sticker. But that person doesn't have that unnecessary extra $5000 over the sticker. This person might never go back to that dealer again, and might just go over to the ford dealer and buy a mustang convertible or a GT500 and then drive back to the chevy dealer and say "I told you I wanted to by the car,you lost the sale, & my business". Then GM & the dealer would sell less cars and have less GM vehicles on the road. What's better to make an extra $5000 on a few cars and have a bunch of customers mad at you and GM for being greedy, or having more happy customers and more GM cars on the road??

Just sell the things and don't get greedy or come up with some crazy BS justification to charge full sticker or even a ridiculous $5000 over sticker for something that already has a mark up built into the sticker price. It's funny how when the car is a year old and still on the lot the price seems to drop a lot. Are they selling at a loss? Probably not because that wouldn't be smart business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza7 View Post
2010 Bumblebee.. That was a $10,000 premium for a 2010 Transformer package. Idiotic, but probably found someone who paid it. Fortunately, the dealer has serious reputation problems, and probably won't be an issue before too long. (among other things, they don't pay off the loans on trade-in's for a month or more, unless you get GM or the MVD on their butts.)
This is the kind of greed I dislike. Well, I got mine TFE SS/RS For $2300 below sticker. The way it should be

Northern Massachusetts & Southern New Hampshire Camaro Club
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/group.php?groupid=127

The mother of all supercharger questions thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77958

My 2010 Camaro Review
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2025442#post2025442

2010 Transformer Edition Camaro L99 Auto

Last edited by 2010 Bumblebee; 11-23-2010 at 10:43 PM.
2010 Bumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 12:42 PM   #44
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
I'm glad the auto purchase drama is over for me for a while.
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 01:03 PM   #45
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
There is just ZERO reason to pay over sticker for a 'vert with all the honorable dealers here at C5. Scott, Eric, Anna, Becky... any of them will treat you right- I guarantee it. FWIW, my dealer has 30+ allottment with only 3 pre-orders; over a dozen C5 members ordered from them when the coupes came out. MSRP for now there though (not a penny more)- Preferred pricing not honored at this time. Feel free to PM me for info in western NY but please try and support the member dealers here first.
Old 11-23-2010, 01:06 PM   #46
garagelogic
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Shelby GT500
I can't wait to see what the ADM is going to be on the Z28 if some dealers are asking $5K over for a run-of-the-mill Camaro convertible.
garagelogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 01:08 PM   #47
TheClassicCarKid

Drives: V45
Shop around and find an honest dealer. Don't let some douchebag ruin the camaro for you
TheClassicCarKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 02:55 PM   #48
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheClassicCarKid View Post
Shop around and find an honest dealer. Don't let some douchebag ruin the camaro for you
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 03:01 PM   #49
garagelogic
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheClassicCarKid View Post
I know where you guys are coming from, but exactly how is a dealer asking an ADM "dishonest"?

It might not be a good practice to ensure future business/customer loyalty, but it's not dishonest.

Dealerships, like any business, are in the game to make a profit. If they can increase their margin by offering an in-demand product at a slightly higher price, and someone is willing to pay it, then good for them. The way I see it, if you don't like the price your dealer of choice is asking, take your business elsewhere. It's not like anyone is entitled to getting a new car at a price they think is fair.

What I think is funny, however, is that so many people will complain about a $5000 ADM on the car they want, but have no problem paying much, much more than that for the same car by financing the danged thing for 60 or 72 months. There is another thread on the site that shows people paying $600+/month for five or six years just to get into a freaking V8 ponycar.

Last edited by garagelogic; 11-23-2010 at 03:29 PM.
garagelogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 05:59 PM   #50
Bonanza7
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010, Rally Yellow, Black stripes
2010 Bumblebee.. That was a $10,000 premium for a 2010 Transformer package. Idiotic, but probably found someone who paid it. Fortunately, the dealer has serious reputation problems, and probably won't be an issue before too long. (among other things, they don't pay off the loans on trade-in's for a month or more, unless you get GM or the MVD on their butts.)
Bonanza7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 06:13 PM   #51
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Did anyone mention shopping around?
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 06:26 PM   #52
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
I said it before and I'll say it again.IT'S NOT THE DEALERS FAULT. IT'S THE CUSTOMERS FAULT IF THEY PAY OVER MSRP. If know one will pay that then they won't sell if for that. Pretty simple
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 06:33 PM   #53
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake View Post
I called my local Chevy dealer to asked to get added to the waiting list and order my convertible SS Convertible, fully loaded. He said, "Great. We just need a $500 deposit, and we will place your order."

I told him I wanted it completely loaded (without paying $4500 for the 21 inch rims) and he said "Great. That will be somewhere around $43,500 before tax and license."

Then he tells me I have to pay another $5000 premium to be on the waiting list!?!?!?! I asked why I had to pay an additional $5000 and he said something about having to be able to keep the lights-on and pay the rent.

I must admit that as excited as I was to own this car, he took the wind right out of my sails by telling me I have to pay a $5000 premium.

I don't have a car right now because I have been waiting forever for Chevy to introduce the convertible, and I need a car. I was excited that finally in 3 months I would finally have a car, but now I am so turned off, I am thinking about passing on the Camaro altogether, and purchasing a non General Motors car.

$55,000 for a car that does not even have climate control or a navigation system!?!? My $200 iPhone has a GPS Nav system!?!?

Am I overreacting?
YEAH , BUT YOUR IPHONE IS NOT A CONVERTIBLE AND IS NOT A V8 , KIDING ASIDE THAT IS WHAT THE CAR DEALERS THINK WHAT PEOPLE ARE WILLING TO PUT UP TO BE THE FIRST ONES THAT'S ALL :mad0 259:
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 06:43 PM   #54
hotrodhoodrat
hotrodhoodratz

Drives: 68' & 70' Pontiac's /2004 D. Dakota
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 Bumblebee View Post

They do this all the time when a good thing comes along. GM should put in whatever contract they have with dealers that they cannot sell a car for over sticker. I also thought the markup applies to only cars on the lot and if you order one the highest they can charge you is sticker. Someone should really look into the laws on this stuff because I thought that's why they started putting stickers way back when on cars so people wouldn't get ripped off.
What about mark down ? Do you give deals or just charge the sticker? So say someone wants an SS/RR Vert would you take $2k off the sticker?
GM will make as many as they can sell there is no limit to the amount of convertibles being made. So if there is a buyer they will make another convertible. There are usually less convertibles because there are less people across the country who want them as opposed to hard tops because of factors like weather. The only thing is there are a bunch of people who want them now and the greedy dealers are going to play the supply and demand thing and over charge the first customers but after a while when it wears off they will be begging for someone to buy a car..

GM Just build a good car people want, Dealers don't get greedy and will sell them like hot cakes ! That is the formula.. The GM dealers get greedy and ruin a good thing for a lot of other people who might have bought a GM car if the price was normal and not an insult.
Think of this someone wants a convertible or a Z-28, but the dealer says "oh this is a special car and there aren't too many around" so they ask $5000 over sticker. But that person doesn't have that unnecessary extra $5000 over the sticker. This person might never go back to that dealer again, and might just go over to the ford dealer and buy a mustang convertible or a GT500 and then drive back to the chevy dealer and say "I told you I wanted to by the car,you lost the sale, & my business". Then GM & the dealer would sell less cars and have less GM vehicles on the road. What's better to make an extra $5000 on a few cars and have a bunch of customers mad at you and GM for being greedy, or having more happy customers and more GM cars on the road??

Just sell the things and don't get greedy or come up with some crazy BS justification to charge full sticker or even a ridiculous $5000 over sticker for something that already has a mark up built into the sticker price. It's funny how when the car is a year old and still on the lot the price seems to drop a lot. Are they selling at a loss? Probably not because that wouldn't be smart business.
It's not GM, its some Bad dealers and they don't have to be GM they can be any type....,GM is just a logo/license at their Dealership to sale GM products & cars, some dealerships may have many company's/Logo(s).
There was a story a bit ago the same stuff you talk a bought came from a Dodge Dealership and the guy bought a Camaro instead of a Challenger.

Dealers have to make a living too, if you ask some of our members our C5 Dealers take a hit for us and go the extra mile. yea $5K is too much but you don't have to buy it from them, go some where else, someone willing to work with you.
Old 11-23-2010, 07:25 PM   #55
Banshee
Institutionally Insane

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS 1LE
Any dealers out there willing to commit to 0 over sticker for a 2012 Z/28?

I am in the market..
It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?
Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 08:07 PM   #56
71cam

Drives: 71cam
i don't get it..why would anyone pay over sticker EVER!!!
your joy will be short lived.

i never have paid sticker.....and never will!!!!!!
71cam is offline   Reply With Quote