Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 12-16-2016, 07:28 PM   #1
CALLAWAY11

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Callaway
I have a question about which coilover to get

So I lowered my car last year with the BMR 1.4" springs. I live in Michigan and the roads suck. I love how it looks but hate how it drives. Would coilovers make that much a difference? I want to keep it lowered but really want a softer feel to it when driving. Can I get the stock feel or even better. I just hate when I hit a rough sectionand my car just bounces around. I don't track the car, so I don't need any racing style coilovers, all I care about is a softer ride at the same height. Ideally I would like to spend the least amount of money I can. No need in my mind to spend $4K when I could just spend 2 to get the same drivability. Any recommendations on which coilover to get?
2011 Callaway SC572 2SS/RS, TVS 2300 Supercharger, 1-7/8" Kooks LT Headers, Fast 85# injectors, E85 Flex Fuel Conversion, Fore Twin Fuel Pumps, MGW flat stick short throw shifter, McLeod RXT twin disc clutch, Liberty Gears Tremec trans, DSS 1000 hp axles, Nitto NT555r drag radials, 10#'s of boost, 702 rwhp/ 697 torque, Recaro seat upgrade
CALLAWAY11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 01:14 AM   #2
Jiver11

Drives: 2014 Chevrolet Camaro 1SS
If you want a feeling close to stock I would look into going to air suspension. I plan to run the BC racing coilovers this spring but I owned a lowered car before this and just got used to the "harsher" feeling. It definitely made up for it when you wanted to do a little spirited driving.
Jiver11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 02:34 AM   #3
Tmick5jr
Todd

Drives: 2012 Camaro
I went from springs to coils. the springs rode much nicer. the coilovers are jarring. I would stick with what you got.
Tmick5jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 06:47 AM   #4
hesster

Drives: '10 C5 SS, '77 Bandit T/A
You must live real close to me, and yes our roads suck. I went with BC ER's AND 22" wheels which one would think make the ride unbearable with the low profile tires. However, with the right settings the car rides better than stock - I was amazed. I never considered lowering springs as I wanted infinite ride height adjustment and did not want the trade off of a stiffer lowering spring on the stock POS strut. They were less than $2K and got em from Ohio Speed.

hesster is offline   Reply With Quote