Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-14-2011, 10:40 PM   #463
motitus

Drives: 2010 Summit White Camaro 2SS/RS A6
I'm curious to know why no direct injection for the V8 Camaros.

Visit my YouTube Channel
motitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 10:40 PM   #464
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by motitus View Post
I'm curious to know why no direct injection for the V8 Camaros.
Gen V V8s aren't ready yet.
Old 04-14-2011, 10:45 PM   #465
Mark H

Drives: 04 Denali
I like

But Officer, I swear its just a vacuum leak.

Those red things? those are smog pumps!

2004 Sierra Denali ----- 2/4 drop
LSX 438 TWIN TURBO

LSX Block Video
Block number 00370. Build Date 04/17/2007
Mark H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 01:00 AM   #466
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tysen View Post
Anyone else think it's wrong to have a 45th anniversary edition when the Camaro didn't have an 03-09 edition?

/brace for flaming

well.....let me ask you something - did every Camaro suddenly disappear when we stopped building them?

Of course not - so we celebrate 45 years of "Performance-American Style" - Camaros have been providing driving excitement for 45 years.......
Old 04-15-2011, 01:10 AM   #467
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
Why does every announcement happen like this?
I cant believe Scott takes the time to write in these threads yet he does. GM definitly listens to their customers and the critics hence the improvements to the car.

Now my MAJOR question is?

Are the guages new for all models?!?!?!?!
I see writing similar to the ZL1
That's just part of the job............

Meanwhile:

**ding-ding-ding-ding-ding!!!!!!!*

WE HAVE A NEW PANIC DUJOUR!!!!

The Steering Wheel will make small children scream!

It may make some people sterile!

It looks almost as bad as the SS front fascia!!!!

Worse than the B-pillar!!!

Just joking around -

Seriously - I know that most of the comments in this thread are based on 'passion for the product' -

We will be showing this car and the interior to the public shortly. (you may want to book a flight to PHX)

Again - history shows that people go bananas on 'change' - and yet when we go back and look at it a year later - it's almost humorous.

Good example mentioned above............I very much recall the 'outrage' on the SS front fascia..............the world was coming to an end and people were going to order SSs - and then tear the fascias off and put on the V6 fascia............

The number of people who have done so:

.................zero????????

So..........let's all calm down.......let's perhaps reconsider using the "suck" word............

And I truly believe that most of you are going to love this edition once you see it in person..........

Now we return you to our regularly scheduled programming.........
Old 04-15-2011, 01:50 AM   #468
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post

We will be showing this car and the interior to the public shortly. (you may want to book a flight to PHX)

Now we return you to our regularly scheduled programming.........

JoeP@TeamBeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 05:05 AM   #469
lawman007
Panama-Gulf War Vet

Drives: '11 SW 1LT/RS 6M
Well I must admit I am impressed. But you know what I'll be more impressed at? When mine rolls off the assembly line in that little town in Canada!!!
Cars are meant to be bested and surpassed. Just remember that first Camaro from the '60s. If you had held on to it and kept it up, it would be worth more than when you bought for, not to mention the pride of ownership.
They will always come up with new and better cars. I mean a V6 that generates 312HP? Come on, back in the 60's and 70's that was unheard of! When you talked about a V6 you were talking about a Corvair. I think it generated 143HP if I remember right.
I think I will be happy with mine for a long time! And when it is paid off I may think about the new Camaro!

Troy Lawson
lawman007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 05:38 AM   #470
NC_SG_SS

Drives: 2011 Synergy Green 2SS
FE4 suspension if off the corvette Z06...!!!
2011 2SS/RS SGM KAE, MN6, SLP ZL sways. TPC strut tower brace, GMPP Exhaust,roto-fab cai, pfadt lowering springs, Pedders subframe inserts, radius arm and steering rack inserts. 69 camaro fender and hood badges,heritage grill with orig SS badge, AAC green and white LEDs, RJM designs interior with green houndstooth seats inserts, suede headliner, Berger Chevrolet rear blackout big block tribute, 3stage white gold diamond pearl custom rally stripes by ayers custom paint concord, nc
NC_SG_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 08:49 AM   #471
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawman007 View Post
Well I must admit I am impressed. But you know what I'll be more impressed at? When mine rolls off the assembly line in that little town in Canada!!!
Cars are meant to be bested and surpassed. Just remember that first Camaro from the '60s. If you had held on to it and kept it up, it would be worth more than when you bought for, not to mention the pride of ownership.
They will always come up with new and better cars. I mean a V6 that generates 312HP? Come on, back in the 60's and 70's that was unheard of! When you talked about a V6 you were talking about a Corvair. I think it generated 143HP if I remember right.
I think I will be happy with mine for a long time! And when it is paid off I may think about the new Camaro!

Troy Lawson
Great point. I really, really, really want a V-8 and I'm saving for an SS, but I think by the time I have the money to get one the V-6's will be pushing 400 HP! When I finally make that long awaited trip to the dealership I will have to fight off a great temptation to drive the V-6 as I plan on ordering an SS without ever having sat in one.
Old 04-15-2011, 08:52 AM   #472
MackMan
Camaro CRAZY

Drives: 2019 OC 1SS/1LE

MackMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 08:57 AM   #473
nak3dsnake

Drives: 2010 Camaro IBM 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_SG_SS View Post
FE4 suspension if off the corvette Z06...!!!
I doubt very much that the FE4 on the Camaro and Corvette are the same. They are on two very different platforms. Corvette has no coil springs. FE4 is just a code to identify the handling characteristics.
Performance: Vararam Ram Air Intake, Hurst Short Throw Shifter w/ Hurst Hard Drive Pistol Grip, IDEALG Clutch Master Cylinder, RX Catch can, GTO clutch fluid reservoir, Brembo Brakes, 1LE Track Pack, GMPP Exhaust Upgrade.
nak3dsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 09:04 AM   #474
SSBUSDRVR

Drives: '11 2SS/RS IBM/BLK M6
Going to be a killer but not a fan of the stripes. Just not an asymmetrical person. Can't wait to see it on the streets.
SSBUSDRVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 09:13 AM   #475
Solocus

Drives: 87 Iroc 350, 2001 SS, 45th 2LT
Overall, I love the new design changes and the anniversary edition. I'm not a fan of black, but this might have put me over the edge to give it a try. I guess it really isn't black. It all depends on the price of the anniversary model.

If the RS option is standard on the anniversary model, or it was deeply discounted that would be great. On the 2LT car with the RS option I'd think the aniversary edition option would only be $1000 or so MSRP. I'd be very unhappy to pay extra for the new wheels, they should just be a trade off for the RS/SS wheels. If it goes the other way around where the anniversary edition is added to the base 2LT price then I would hope the RS option drops to under $1000.

So what are we really getting new on the anniversary edition? New wheels, new stripes, fog light trim, RW&B stitching and emblems. Seems like a $1000 should cover it to me. Please do not price this like the XM version!

Delivered 9-29-2011 exactly 45 years to the day from the
first 1967 Camaro showing up in dealer showrooms!
Solocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 09:28 AM   #476
Dasein

Drives: 2011 CGM 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by cam fan View Post
they should call it the INCEPTION edition because it has a stripe within a stripe
Dasein is offline   Reply With Quote