Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 12-01-2011, 09:11 AM   #29
Chillomatic

Drives: 2010 Cyber Gray SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey8 View Post
I remember this video. It was the video that almost got me to go with the ATAK, but then I decided for the tame system. The ATAK growls and sounds like a racecar!
I watch this video about 100 times too trying to decided corsa are borla.
i never got to hear borla are corsa other then videos and they sound diff in every video posted so that makes it harder to pick exhaust. would still like to hear the borla in person.
Chillomatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 09:25 AM   #30
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
Corsa!

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 05:30 PM   #31
skar

Drives: 2010 2SSRS headers/CAI/tune/corsa,
Headers /cats & CAI + Corsa = no drone.
JL Audio XD400/4 amp
Pfadt trailing arms & tie rods sway bars.
pedders street 1 package. ,Hurst short throw shifter
With bronze bushings .
skar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 05:29 PM   #32

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Summit White Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69307 View Post
I was also trying to decide between the Corsa & Borla ATAK. I ended up going with the Borla (will be installed this Friday!).

My reasoning was that many on this forum have commented that the Corsa is not loud enough (go big or go home!). Also, since I live in California, LT headers isn't an option, which I understand increases the noise level significantly! So I'll pretty much be staying stock.

I'll comment on the drone from the Borla in next several days!
Just finished trying out my new Borla ATAK cat-back... Absolutely no drone whats-so-ever!!! With a stock manifold & cats, I think the 'noise level' of the Borla is perfect!
Old 12-02-2011, 05:33 PM   #33
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
I have Corsa and like it, but definitely wish I went with Flowmaster, louder the better for me.
Old 12-02-2011, 08:16 PM   #34
CaniacFan

Drives: '10 SS CGM #75,288, '14 Stingray
I listened to YouTube videos until I couldn't see straight. None of them do justice and you really need to hear these exhausts in person.

I finally decided on the Borla S-Type axleback from Apex Motorsports. I didn't want headers, etc. And I didn't want the "wake the neighbors" of the ATAK and the Touring was almost not there. It was a perfect choice for me. No drone - it magnified the decel popping and gave my Camaro a nice hearty, deeper growl. The new Borla system was made specifically for the Camaro too. Nice product - it won't disappoint.

Good Luck.
CaniacFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 10:31 AM   #35
nycoupe11

Drives: 2011 2ss/rs Summit White
yea i think im going with the borla S type..not sure about ARH or Kooks long tubes though. But with a jannetty tune probly
nycoupe11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 10:42 AM   #36
SGOS252382

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandSpeed View Post
I prefer Borla..we have had alot fo people complain Corsa is too quiet.
Is that even with the LS3 system? I know Corsa makes an L99 system too.

I thought the LS3 system was fairly aggressive (especially with headers).

I had a Corsa Sport catback with kooks headers on my GTO (cammed) and it was LOUD.
SGOS252382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 10:57 AM   #37
wrmiller19

Drives: 2011 SS/RS orange w/black stripes
Sounds like the Corsa fits my needs: better than stock sound wise, but no drone. I have a new L99 that I will be disabling the AFM on (thanks Ted @ Jannetty for the SCT!).

So, I should get the LS3 version as I no longer will be switching into 4cyl mode right?
wrmiller19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 11:00 AM   #38
Blue70SS

Drives: 10 LS3 2SSRS IOM,21 ZLE Wild Cherry
Corsa Touring exhaust/Maggie/ARH 2", 3" mids, no cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switchback700 View Post
These Are all great questions you need to consider before choosing.... I preferred the Borla over Corsa because Corsa was a little more raspy, but the Borla low rumble sound is gonna give you a little more drone.

Now if you have a L99 and are not going to tune AFM off go with the Corsa made for the L99 with resonators. Any Borla with AFM still on will be more annoying in 4 cylinder mode.

If you plan on getting headers, your perfect volume exhaust may now become too loud... The Corsa I heard at Livernois with headers (LS3 Corsa, no resonators) was loud! I ended up getting lucky with my Borla Touring.... was on the quiet side without headers, but after headers is perfect for me.

Both use 304 stainless which is a better grade than others that use 409 stainless... keep investigating and good luck!

Love the GT9 cam! Here's a quick phone video clip..... sounds louder than it really is. I installed Corsa "Touring" exhaust to tone it down a bit. I sold the regular Corsa when I changed from DT Shortys and Solo Hi flow cats to the ARH Longtubes. Previous to LTs it sounded great, but I knew further upgrades would put be over the top. Sound is perfect now and really opens up on WOT. Corsa doesn't promote the Touring edition and won't sell it to you unless you specify how loud your getting with your particulair build - you have to tell them about LT headers/supercharger/high flow or no cats. You won't find part #s listed on any websites. (actually found 1, but Corsa made them remove it). Already sold the previous Corsa system and rear end.
Squash twins,GT9,Coil Covers,Mats,Pedals/ADM Gauges,Race Scoop/Trunions
DDS CVs,Carbon F DS/RPM L6/LPE 9.5 3.73/Pedders HD bushes,align kit
RB 2-piece rotors,S/S Lines,Hawk HPE Pads/Forgeline SP3P/Weld RTS
Ceramic ARH 2" LT/3" X-pipe,Corsa Touring/BMR TA,Toe,LCA,DS Loop
StreetSlayer BC3/MTI Shifter-Trans mt/Hotchkis CB/Monster CC/SJM LineLock
PFADT Coil Overs,Sways,Links,Mounts,SF Bushes,Camber Kit

LPE Brotherhood
Blue70SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 11:52 AM   #39
Chillomatic

Drives: 2010 Cyber Gray SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue70SS View Post

Love the GT9 cam! Here's a quick phone video clip..... sounds louder than it really is. I installed Corsa "Touring" exhaust to tone it down a bit. I sold the regular Corsa when I changed from DT Shortys and Solo Hi flow cats to the ARH Longtubes. Previous to LTs it sounded great, but I knew further upgrades would put be over the top. Sound is perfect now and really opens up on WOT. Corsa doesn't promote the Touring edition and won't sell it to you unless you specify how loud your getting with your particulair build - you have to tell them about LT headers/supercharger/high flow or no cats. You won't find part #s listed on any websites. (actually found 1, but Corsa made them remove it). Already sold the previous Corsa system and rear end.
does the tone change much on corsa touring. i have all most same set up as you but a whipple no cats and soon as i get on it anything over 3grand it gets real raspy. other then that i love sound of corsa at lower rpms.

how loud is touring vs reg corsa and you have any vid were you rev car up some like to hear it
Chillomatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 01:39 PM   #40
Bad_Goat06

Drives: Fast Muscle cars
Does anyone have a clip of borla atak with LTs and catless mids???
Bad_Goat06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 01:48 PM   #41
andredmg
Big Nasty

Drives: Chevys lots of em
Borla XR-1s

Old 12-06-2011, 02:16 PM   #42
mikey8

Drives: 2019 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by andredmg View Post
Borla XR-1s