Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 11-28-2011, 07:37 AM   #29
wrmiller19

Drives: 2011 SS/RS orange w/black stripes
Thanks all for the responses. Sounds like a good package. No experience with roots types, as I always had Vortechs on the mustangs.

Serious chunk of change though. It will be a while before I can get one. :(

Last question: What about the automatic? This trans is a little slow on some shifts, compared to AMG for example, and I would think the shift points would have to/should be altered with a power adder like this. Is there a 'tune' I can get for the trans?
wrmiller19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 08:19 AM   #30
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrmiller19 View Post
Thanks all for the responses. Sounds like a good package. No experience with roots types, as I always had Vortechs on the mustangs.

Last question: What about the automatic? This trans is a little slow on some shifts, compared to AMG for example, and I would think the shift points would have to/should be altered with a power adder like this. Is there a 'tune' I can get for the trans?
Yes Transmission tuning is Included with the BASE KIT.

I also offer Custom Tuning Via email and the SCT X3 that comes with the Kit.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 10:22 AM   #31
wrmiller19

Cool! Thanks for all the help. Will definitely be adding this to the 'wish list'.
Old 11-29-2011, 03:23 PM   #32
Jessika
Account Suspended

Drives: Anything Blown
Quote:

Just keep in mind that to be eligible for the carb sticker and power train warranty you need to keep the 'stock' Magnuson tune.

Sent from my insanely great iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
Jessika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 05:56 PM   #33
R8cerX

Drives: 2010 CamaroSS
Here's a vid of an L99 that we installed an E-Force on:

6lbs, exhaust and custom tune. With a BAP and a smaller pulley we have made around 530-550 on other L99's.

We're not a paid vendor and not trying to step on anyone's toes here, just posting the vid for example.

Frank
10 Camaro Magnacharged- 585rwhp/585rwtq, full exhaust, Pedders Justice/ZL1 sway, Stoptech brakes and 21" 3 Pc. Forgeline wheels
99 Corvette- 502rwhp/460rwtq-402 N/A, 6pis/4pis brakes...fun track car
R8cerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 10:12 PM   #34
stros

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Jessika - can you provide estimates of HP when using the stock Maggie tune on the L99?

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessika View Post
Just keep in mind that to be eligible for the carb sticker and power train warranty you need to keep the 'stock' Magnuson tune.

Sent from my insanely great iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
Old 11-30-2011, 06:54 AM   #35
UNRIVALED SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Send a message via Yahoo to UNRIVALED SS
I have only had experience with the Magnuson TVS2300. I had it installed on my L99 along with a cam, ARH full exhaust, CAI. Pretty much the performance upgrades you see on most of the cars on the forum more or less. The car put down 533RWHP in the Georgia heat August before last.

The car drives great. The only mod I am planning right now is a higher stall converter. Car drives great now but, I think it will be a little quicker for grudge night at the local track. As far as mileage is concerned. The thing gets about 26 miles to a gallon on the interstate if I set the cruise on 75 and leave it. I run the best gas I can get but, it was tuned on 91 octane Quick Trip gas which is what it is. It makes plenty of power(for now) and I don`t want to break the motor trying to outsmart the tuner. I have noticed many reported problems with the CATS lately, so they will be gone before summer gets here.

Supercharger. Get one! Don`t second guess it. Whatever you decide on, you will love it. The car will be the way it should have been from the factory. You have a lot of fun driving to look forward to, enjoy!
UNRIVALED SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 10:19 AM   #36
wrmiller19

Quote:
Originally Posted by stros View Post
Jessika - can you provide estimates of HP when using the stock Maggie tune on the L99?

Thanks
Doing further research, I would like to know what to expect on a STOCK L99.

I won't be doing any other mods to the engine, maybe a cat-back, but that would be more for sound quality than performance.

So...will the 'stock' tune work with the L99 as is, i.e., stock valve train, etc.?

My only other concern is driveline. The roots/whipple types make gobs of torque down low. The hairdryers (Vortech, etc.) make some down low, but more through mid and high range. Should not be quite as hard on the driveline. Supposedly.
Old 12-10-2011, 10:28 AM   #37
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:

I won't be doing any other mods to the engine, maybe a cat-back, but that would be more for sound quality than performance.

So...will the 'stock' tune work with the L99 as is, i.e., stock valve train, etc.?

My only other concern is driveline. The roots/whipple types make gobs of torque down low. The hairdryers (Vortech, etc.) make some down low, but more through mid and high range. Should not be quite as hard on the driveline. Supposedly.
When you say 'stock' tune I assume you are talking about the tune from the SuperCharger company?

And if so then you can expect the way the car is now but faster. Throttle response will be the same but the torque will hit it harder obviously. So you'll break the wheels loose really easily.

As far as the stock drivetrain, it'll be fine. As long as you just go with a blower and the 'stock' tune.

If, by 'stock', you mean the factory tune, no way. You'll kill your car if you keep it that way.
Old 12-10-2011, 10:34 AM   #38
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:

We typically see 460 RWHP over 330 Stock with the Maggie system and others.

Ted.
Old 12-10-2011, 11:03 AM   #39
wrmiller19

Sorry, my bad... What I meant to say was the 'stock' tune that comes with the maggie.

Thanks for all the input guys!
Old 12-10-2011, 11:05 AM   #40
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Sorry, my bad... What I meant to say was the 'stock' tune that comes with the maggie.

Thanks for all the input guys!
460 RWHP is Correct.
Old 12-10-2011, 11:14 AM   #41
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
If you use the tune supplied with the blower and don't add any other parts, you will still be covered under the Maggie warranty. So you really have no worries!
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 01:30 PM   #42
stros

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Has anyone had experience dealing with Magnuson on getting warranty covered repairs?

Looks like their 3 year 36K mile warranty (starts post-install) averages around 500-600 bucks extra from quotes I've received.