Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 05-13-2009, 09:01 AM   #1
NightmareSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 92 300zx 2001 Ram
FbodFather help? what about the orders dealers took that exceeded their guide number?

ok...my dealer till this day hasnt told me their total allocation number...(guide number) ...last time i asked my answer was "most dealers in the area didnt obey GM's request to show their cars at mets stadium and/or didnt hold on to their floor car for the unveiling day...and GM would be penalizing those dealers and not giving them extra allocations...we did what GM asked and because of that, we will be getting extra allocations"...when he told me this, i had to just assume that my order is one that exceeds their total guide number...i mean i have an order number and a R6P code, but i dont know if that means anything to whether or not im within their guide number...

i just read something that fbodfather wrote a few days ago and he said that this issue was being addressed...just curious if there is any news on it yet... and when should i expect the car? i reallly dont want the car august/september... mid july is what im hoping for at the very worse...im priority 6 at my dealer with 1 shipped and 2 & 3 built or still on the line... so i still have 2 more orders ahead of me that havent even been pulled yet and im starting to get upset feeling i wont be seeing this car for summer...

now about this news of increase in production...does this include cars over dealers guide number? since i have the R6P code, am i no matter what considered a pre-order? like part of the 15,000 pre-orders... are dealer's extra allocations given after all the initial allocations have been delivered on? like if i am an extra allocation order... do i have to wait until all dealers get their original allocations before mine is pulled? Lets say my dealer was delivered all of their allocations by june... would my dealer have to sit around and wait until august to get the extras, after the rest of the continents initial allocations were delivered?

please shine some light on me... id rather know for sure then speculate :(
Old 05-13-2009, 09:19 AM   #2
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
It's just a matter of time till lots have cars on hand. If that's your big question.

Too many things in play at the moment. If the cars sell they will get more. If they are staying open...

The math is easy. Sell = more. Don't sell = not many more.

GM will get "over it" really fast. Punishing happy customer dealer in todays internet age is only gonna get you bad press fast.

And as I would point out GM is owned by the people now, they are not really an independent company, we are really the boss now.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 09:23 AM   #3
VenomZ302
Live to Win, Dare to Fail

Drives: 2010 Aqua Blue RS/SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vash View Post
And as I would point out GM is owned by the people now, they are not really an independent company, we are really the boss now.
So can I make my own invoice price? Something along the lines of $5K sounds like a decent enough contribution. =P

If only cars had the same exact price tags today as those in the '60s...

3/13/09 - Ordered Aqua Blue Metallic 2SS/RS M6!
7/13/09 - Built!
8/11/09 - Delivered!

2G1FT1EW2A9124579
VenomZ302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 09:30 AM   #4
NightmareSS

yea im not saying that they wont get the car eventually...my dealer isnt closing...not that i know of anyway...but i just had my hopes up to enjoy the car for the summer
Old 05-13-2009, 09:31 AM   #5
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomZ302 View Post
So can I make my own invoice price? Something along the lines of $5K sounds like a decent enough contribution. =P

If only cars had the same exact price tags today as those in the '60s...
No the point was just they need to trim any attitude because the customer wanting the car before promo's is right and those cars need to be built and promotions put on hold for later.

Because yes we gave them 40 billion dollars and customers are always right.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 09:37 AM   #6
VenomZ302
Live to Win, Dare to Fail

Drives: 2010 Aqua Blue RS/SS M6
I understood your point. I was simply making a joke.

3/13/09 - Ordered Aqua Blue Metallic 2SS/RS M6!
7/13/09 - Built!
8/11/09 - Delivered!

2G1FT1EW2A9124579
VenomZ302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 09:48 AM   #7
Mac1

Drives: 2004 Malibu
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightmareSS View Post
ok...my dealer till this day hasnt told me their total allocation number...(guide number) ...last time i asked my answer was "most dealers in the area didnt obey GM's request to show their cars at mets stadium and/or didnt hold on to their floor car for the unveiling day...and GM would be penalizing those dealers and not giving them extra allocations...we did what GM asked and because of that, we will be getting extra allocations"...when he told me this, i had to just assume that my order is one that exceeds their total guide number...i mean i have an order number and a R6P code, but i dont know if that means anything to whether or not im within their guide number...

i just read something that fbodfather wrote a few days ago and he said that this issue was being addressed...just curious if there is any news on it yet... and when should i expect the car? i reallly dont want the car august/september... mid july is what im hoping for at the very worse...im priority 6 at my dealer with 1 shipped and 2 & 3 built or still on the line... so i still have 2 more orders ahead of me that havent even been pulled yet and im starting to get upset feeling i wont be seeing this car for summer...

now about this news of increase in production...does this include cars over dealers guide number? since i have the R6P code, am i no matter what considered a pre-order? like part of the 15,000 pre-orders... are dealer's extra allocations given after all the initial allocations have been delivered on? like if i am an extra allocation order... do i have to wait until all dealers get their original allocations before mine is pulled? Lets say my dealer was delivered all of their allocations by june... would my dealer have to sit around and wait until august to get the extras, after the rest of the continents initial allocations were delivered?

please shine some light on me... id rather know for sure then speculate :(

I don't see in your post any mention of an order workbench. You should have that paperwork. R6P is the code for early order activity. You are part of that with a price guarantee and R6P designation on the vehicle. Contact the inventory manager at the dealership and insist he show you his pass one screen which will reveal the status of your order. You are a paying customer. Realize that and as such are entitled to know the vehicles progress. Good luck.
Mac1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 09:55 AM   #8
NightmareSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac1 View Post
I don't see in your post any mention of an order workbench. You should have that paperwork. R6P is the code for early order activity. You are part of that with a price guarantee and R6P designation on the vehicle. Contact the inventory manager at the dealership and insist he show you his pass one screen which will reveal the status of your order. You are a paying customer. Realize that and as such are entitled to know the vehicles progress. Good luck.
i have the order workbench...showing what i ordered(and the R6P code is there), my order number, and priority number(which is 6)... what i dont know is if they were even allocated 6... if they werent allocated 6 cars would i even show up on this screen?
Old 05-13-2009, 10:38 AM   #9
Maddtim

Drives: 2012 Camaro Convertible SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightmareSS View Post
i have the order workbench...showing what i ordered(and the R6P code is there), my order number, and priority number(which is 6)... what i dont know is if they were even allocated 6... if they werent allocated 6 cars would i even show up on this screen?
You would show up no matter what. What mac1 was asking for is Event Code or Event Status Code. Look at my sig, my car is at 3400 currently (Internal order for production received) and will be at 3800 (built) hopefully by the end of the week. This code lets you know how far along your order is. Also, depending on WHEN you got your workbench copy, you may want to call the dealer to get an update of the current event code. If you're still at 1100, then GM hasn't even, in essence, looked at your order yet. If you're at 2000-2500 then your order is pulled and being prepared for production. 3000-3300 are where they schedule everything internally, including the Targeted Production Week. then it's downhill from there.

Have 2012 2SS/RS LS3 Convertible 45th Anniversary Edition with Hurst shifter.
Maddtim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 10:47 AM   #10
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
I guess one of the questions nightmare has is if the dealer only got a guide number of...let's say three...and he is the 6th order, will he still get a car? how about in general, if you're order is outside of the dealers guide number?

please correct me if i'm wrong
Old 05-13-2009, 11:17 AM   #11
RPO_Z28

Drives: 2007 C6Z
See new thread regarding this info.

Ordering over guide

Last edited by RPO_Z28; 05-13-2009 at 12:16 PM. Reason: New Link to prvent duplicate
RPO_Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 11:21 AM   #12
2010SSRS

Drives: 2000 Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddtim View Post
You would show up no matter what. What mac1 was asking for is Event Code or Event Status Code. Look at my sig, my car is at 3400 currently (Internal order for production received) and will be at 3800 (built) hopefully by the end of the week. This code lets you know how far along your order is. Also, depending on WHEN you got your workbench copy, you may want to call the dealer to get an update of the current event code. If you're still at 1100, then GM hasn't even, in essence, looked at your order yet. If you're at 2000-2500 then your order is pulled and being prepared for production. 3000-3300 are where they schedule everything internally, including the Targeted Production Week. then it's downhill from there.
dunno about all that brother..........you seemed to have gotten lucky going from 3000 to 3400 so fast.

most folks here have had to wait weeks (up to 6). i went 3000 2 days before you did and there is no TPW for me yet, nor has my event code changed. had my dealer call GM............no TPW at all.

VR 2SSRS LS3 - Borla, SLP CAI
2010SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 11:33 AM   #13
Maddtim

Drives: 2012 Camaro Convertible SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SSRS View Post
dunno about all that brother..........you seemed to have gotten lucky going from 3000 to 3400 so fast.

most folks here have had to wait weeks (up to 6). i went 3000 2 days before you did and there is no TPW for me yet, nor has my event code changed. had my dealer call GM............no TPW at all.
I couldn't get a TPW from my dealer either. Called them on Monday, no return call. Called on Tuesday and the person I needed was out, so I called GM myself. Per GM customer service, they said my car was "being produced as we speak." That's all I can go on. It could be total for all I know and the car is still at 3300. And, as I also said, I only know when I was TOLD it was at 3300, not when it ACTUALLY went to 3300, so for all I know it was there for 2 weeks before it moved and I was at 2500 a month ago. I just don't know.

I'm waiting for the end of the week to call my dealer again when, hopefully, the car is built and I can get a VIN#. At that point I'll ask them for an order history so I can see the actual dates that everything happened. For now the dates in my sig are when I found out the car had advanced based on what could be referred to as sketchy information at best sometimes. I've actually found the GM line to be of more help than the dealer, unfortunately.

Have 2012 2SS/RS LS3 Convertible 45th Anniversary Edition with Hurst shifter.
Maddtim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 11:35 AM   #14
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPO_Z28 View Post
I will chime in here as a dealer to give a perspective of what's going on here as we believe.

GM gave us all guide numbers. Ours was 9 thru Q3. We decided it makes sense to order more than the guide number because we couldn't just tell customers to go stick it after number 9. All they would do is go to the next dealer who would take their order and we would be the bad guys. So, we took 15 orders for the 9 spots. Now, most of you already know we are one of the most upfront New York dealers when it comes to ordering Camaros. What does that mean? It means your order was taken chronologically and unless there is a constraint, your order will be placed (event code 2500-3000) chronologically as well. No games. Nobody "cutting" the line. No BS.

However, GM doesn't think that dealers should take more orders than their guide number. I respect their opinion but it doesn't make sense. That means, up until this point, if I stayed at 9 units (my guide number), I would have customers walking out of the showroom screaming that Bast Chevrolet, GM and Obama DON'T WANT MY BUSINESS!! I can't have that. I know that after the end of Q3, they will be building a whole bunch more of these cars. While I can't promise any of my customers a guarantee of when the car is going to arrive, what choice do I have? I am telling every one of them November-December, could be sooner or later. We just don't know. No one does. There are dealers that are telling people 2-3 months if they order now! That is absolutely ridiculous to make that promise. Then they come here and we tell them end of the year and guess who looks like the douche?

So we decided to take about another 10-15 orders after the original 15. That means we have a guide of 9 and I have approx. 30 ordrs to fill ASAP with no promise. So far, I have 7 of those 30 either delivered, placed or about to be placed. That's the best we can do with the info we have been given.

So, what's the point, you say? Be thankful you have an R6P order and hopefully your dealer is as upfront as to where he is regarding all of the other orders and guide numbers.

We are doing the best we can with what we have.

Your questions are welcome.

Sorry if this was a rant.
Thanks for the info RPO. I can understand that process from a business point of view. So far, GM has not told dealers regarding orders above the guide number, is that correct?