Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 04-10-2014, 03:49 PM   #379
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
I never heard of them before so I googled them real quick, they look very interesting haha...wonder if anyone makes them for the camaro, maybe Wilwood?

Found a way to save another 1.6lbs of rotating weight. Thx to KM I went back through Doc's build thread again and forgot he had forged Al lug nuts which only weigh like 0.8lbs. My gorilla lugs save about 0.8lbs but if I bought some I could save an additional 1.6 lol, plus they are only $50 so not too bad. Of course would only use these on race days. They come in a couple dif colors, thought about getting orange haha but not sure I wanna pay almosr $600 for them, hope it is a typo lol. Prob will settle with black.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/360312824603?lpid=82
Old 04-10-2014, 07:15 PM   #380
HP Turbine
Boosted

Drives: 2012 1LT RS... with snails
yeeeahhhhh that's has to be a typo, or they are short stock so they adjusted it until they get more, or orange just adds 10 horsepower

IPS Twin Turbos, Corsa Exhaust, Ported Throttle Body. 461 rwhp 443 rwtq!! *Cameron Hass.ani*
HP Turbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 08:52 PM   #381
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtcat600man View Post
Nice job on the weight loss. I will be suing that as a good refer acne for where I am at since we have so many similar mods.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911medic View Post
Damn you, autocorrect!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
Or Whiskey???

OK let's try this again, and no it was not the Whiskey, all thou that might have helped.

Nice job on the weight loss. I will be using that as a good reference for where I am at since we have so many similar mods...............

It was after a very long day of home projects, and very tired, should have been in beds hours sooner.
Old 04-10-2014, 10:44 PM   #382
Irishmic

Drives: 2014
I had a colonoscopy today....and with the "Clean-out" cocktail ....I lost 6 LBS.....something to think about.......
Irishmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 11:04 PM   #383
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishmic View Post
I had a colonoscopy today....and with the "Clean-out" cocktail ....I lost 6 LBS.....something to think about.......

Good for you, no need to be a douche so you can keep on walking. I know what I am doing may not agree with you and if you took any time to read the first sentence of the first post I asked anyone who doesn't have something nice to say don't say it. So feel free to move on if you are going to keep "contributing"
Old 04-10-2014, 11:41 PM   #384
stevey_frac

Drives: 2010 LT2/RS Coupe
Don't listen to that ass. You've got a really cool project, and i hope you hit your goals.
275 / 40 / 20 Continental ExtremeContact DW's on all corners

Next up:
Magnaflow Resonated X-Pipe (Purchased but not installed)
EBC Redstuff street pads
Carbotech XP8 / XP12 track pads
1LE Track Pack

Note: This car built by JDP Motorsports!
stevey_frac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 04:45 PM   #385
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevey_frac View Post
Don't listen to that ass. You've got a really cool project, and i hope you hit your goals.

Thanks, I'm not to worried about him, or other nay-sayers for that matter lol. My car, my money I'll do what I want with it lol.

So some good news and bad news, mostly bad.

As of right now it is suppose to rain on Sunday, the day the local 1/4mile opens. So I may not be able to get runs in. If they do cancel the make up date is 2 weeks later, not that big of a deal but the DA might not be as great lol. However if it is open the skinnies that are on their way to me were suppose to be here today but somehow the truck delivering them got delayed 2 full days so even if the track is open I won't have the skinnies (but I will still make some passes)

The good news however is that I finally bought a go-pro haha!
Old 04-11-2014, 05:31 PM   #386
Irishmic

Drives: 2014
I have been watching your thread...cus my son has a v6 and Iam interested how you make out....your skin is a little thin and cant see a joke and have a little laugh..so lighten up. I will handle my posts with a little more sugar on it. But on a serious note ...I hope you get into the 12's.....the last pass I made at New England DRAGWAY was 1979... A lot has changed since then.....good luck !!!
Irishmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 05:36 PM   #387
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjkjr27 View Post
I never heard of them before so I googled them real quick, they look very interesting haha...wonder if anyone makes them for the camaro, maybe Wilwood?

Found a way to save another 1.6lbs of rotating weight. Thx to KM I went back through Doc's build thread again and forgot he had forged Al lug nuts which only weigh like 0.8lbs. My gorilla lugs save about 0.8lbs but if I bought some I could save an additional 1.6 lol, plus they are only $50 so not too bad. Of course would only use these on race days. They come in a couple dif colors, thought about getting orange haha but not sure I wanna pay almosr $600 for them, hope it is a typo lol. Prob will settle with black.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/360312824603?lpid=82
Is that 1.6 per wheel I assume compared to stock lugs?

$50 isn't bad I don't think
Old 04-11-2014, 05:49 PM   #388
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Is that 1.6 per wheel I assume compared to stock lugs?

$50 isn't bad I don't think

No that is overall lol. Compared to the stock ones they are about 0.55lbs lighter on each wheel. However I have the gorilla acorn lugs right now and those were 0.2lbs lighter on each wheel. So switch to them would save 0.3lbs in each wheel (btw just ordered a set of black haha)
Old 04-12-2014, 09:12 AM   #389
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
you can lose some good weight, with a carbon fiber trunk. stock weight of the trunk is 26lbs. Phastek has some that are 8lbs.

just checked, currently unavailable. lol something to think about in the future.
Old 04-12-2014, 01:17 PM   #390
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
I see the stock hood with insulation is 26.5 lbs... I've been thinking about trying to make a super light vented hood... Thought about changing out the hood, or the trunk lid as mentioned above?
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 03:05 PM   #391
usa1camaro1969
Back on the dino-juice

Drives: '10 LS + a few more
Pulling the passenger seat is 2 torx bolts and the wire connector for the airbags up underneath. Takes 5 min at the track and it weighs a good bit.
usa1camaro1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 06:22 PM   #392
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
you can lose some good weight, with a carbon fiber trunk. stock weight of the trunk is 26lbs. Phastek has some that are 8lbs.

just checked, currently unavailable. lol something to think about in the future.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacnJsn95 View Post
I see the stock hood with insulation is 26.5 lbs... I've been thinking about trying to make a super light vented hood... Thought about changing out the hood, or the trunk lid as mentioned above?
That is some good weight saving but I never really thought about carbon fiber pieces. I think now it would be a hassle and too much money for me to buy a hood and trunk because then I would have to get it painted and I really like my stripes so I would have to get them painted on as well and who knows how much that will end up being. Also wouldn't be able to leave my car for a week to get paint since it is my DD. Maybe down the road I can look into them but for right now I think it doesnt seem feasible for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by usa1camaro1969 View Post
Pulling the passenger seat is 2 torx bolts and the wire connector for the airbags up underneath. Takes 5 min at the track and it weighs a good bit.
Well that sounds easy! Maybe I'll do that when I go to the track in two weeks since today was cancelled and pushed back to the 26th.

Tags
12secbuild