Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2015 Camaro Fest (VI)

Old 08-09-2015, 02:36 PM   #1
Andrew4180
Bigfoot

Drives: "Doomsday" 1981 Camaro
Big thank you!

Very big thank you to Ruby for finding Mr. Jordan Parker (correct me if I have the name wrong) and getting me a set of slicks Thursday after finding out mine were toast. You will never understand how much that meant to me. They worked great! This is why I love the camaro family, and racers In general, always willing to help out even if they don't know you from anywhere. Also, thank you to the couple of you that helped push my car on the trailer after i shattered the trans case, turns out the rear diffential had a loose pinion that caused it. Also to All the moderators and staff who put this event together, the host hotel, Rogers chevrolet, the meet and greet Thursday was a blast, even in the rain. also going out to eat at Ruby Tuesday with one of my favorite people lol and to Beech Bend Raceway, one of the most historic tracks in the world and I got to go down it, and even get towed by the tractor.. Lol it was great getting to meet so many of yall this year, can't wait til next years fest!

383ci SBC, Th400 Trans, 29X10 Hoosiers. Small Block, Small tire, bracket car.
Andrew4180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 07:05 PM   #2
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew4180 View Post
Very big thank you to Ruby for finding Mr. Jordan Parker (correct me if I have the name wrong) and getting me a set of slicks Thursday after finding out mine were toast. You will never understand how much that meant to me. They worked great! This is why I love the camaro family, and racers In general, always willing to help out even if they don't know you from anywhere. Also, thank you to the couple of you that helped push my car on the trailer after i shattered the trans case, turns out the rear diffential had a loose pinion that caused it. Also to All the moderators and staff who put this event together, the host hotel, Rogers chevrolet, the meet and greet Thursday was a blast, even in the rain. also going out to eat at Ruby Tuesday with one of my favorite people lol and to Beech Bend Raceway, one of the most historic tracks in the world and I got to go down it, and even get towed by the tractor.. Lol it was great getting to meet so many of yall this year, can't wait til next years fest!
Great meeting you Andrew!! Very sorry your car did not get an opportunity to make more runs. So glad you were able to make the trip and look forward to you at the next Fest (where ever that may be).
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 07:41 PM   #3
Ace0751
GEN5 Detail

Drives: 2011 Synergy Series 2SS Convertible
I didn't meet you in person but I did watch your car go down the strip and it sucks that you couldn't do it anymore, I was seeing how well you could've done. I hope that you get the car fixed up quickly so you can go out again and set some good times. And I would love to go head to head just to hear that car scream down the strip, don't care if I lose just want to hear it.
Old 08-09-2015, 08:08 PM   #4
Andrew4180
Bigfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post
Great meeting you Andrew!! Very sorry your car did not get an opportunity to make more runs. So glad you were able to make the trip and look forward to you at the next Fest (where ever that may be).
It was great to meet you too Hank, I'm already planning to make the next fest, for redemption if anything. Maybe we can line em up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace0751 View Post
I didn't meet you in person but I did watch your car go down the strip and it sucks that you couldn't do it anymore, I was seeing how well you could've done. I hope that you get the car fixed up quickly so you can go out again and set some good times. And I would love to go head to head just to hear that car scream down the strip, don't care if I lose just want to hear it.
Ace, so many people to meet out there, hard to get to everyone definitely catch ya at the next one! We haven't taken the car off the trailer yet to see the full extent of the damage, but the pinion in the diff is definitely loose, maybe got some teeth on the gears, we pulled the bell on the trans out in 4 pieces without removing the trans. And watchin the gopro video the motor sounded real sour just before I shut the car off and it wouldn't refire, so there may lie a few more issues. I'll have to keep everyone updated on that. We'll save that matchup for the next one, for sure!

Old 08-09-2015, 09:41 PM   #5
Andrew4180
Bigfoot

A pic of what's left of my bell housing, car is still on a trailer outside, kinda concerned bout what I'm gonna find,
Attached Images

Old 08-10-2015, 05:49 AM   #6
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
Quote:
A pic of what's left of my bell housing, car is still on a trailer outside, kinda concerned bout what I'm gonna find,
so that's what they mean when they say "some assembly required"....lol. Man that thing shattered hard!! I know you will be back stronger than every next time. I would love to take on the second gen beast.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 06:44 AM   #7
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
You are very welcome! I was thrilled to have been able to help out. His name is Jason and he is a great guy. I was very impressed with him right away saying without hesitation "let's go get them" and "you are welcome to them"when you said the tires he had would fit. Sorry your car broke but you have a great attitude & I'm glad you got to make at least a few passes. It was good to meet you. Camaro5 folks rock!
Old 08-10-2015, 09:40 AM   #8
Andrew4180
Bigfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
You are very welcome! I was thrilled to have been able to help out. His name is Jason and he is a great guy. I was very impressed with him right away saying without hesitation "let's go get them" and "you are welcome to them"when you said the tires he had would fit. Sorry your car broke but you have a great attitude & I'm glad you got to make at least a few passes. It was good to meet you. Camaro5 folks rock!
I've done the exact same thing for so many people at the track, and it was great to see that it came back my way when it really needed to. The 1 and 1/2 passes I made are definitely some of my most memorable. Btw: I did manage to video one of your runs on Friday, it'll be included in my YouTube video for the event. Thank you again!

Old 08-10-2015, 09:43 AM   #9
Andrew4180
Bigfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post
so that's what they mean when they say "some assembly required"....lol. Man that thing shattered hard!! I know you will be back stronger than every next time. I would love to take on the second gen beast.
I think it's on to bigger and better things for the hot rod. Beefier diff, and a stronger trans for sure. Gotta dive into the motor next... Lol

Old 08-10-2015, 09:53 AM   #10
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Quote:
I've done the exact same thing for so many people at the track, and it was great to see that it came back my way when it really needed to. The 1 and 1/2 passes I made are definitely some of my most memorable. Btw: I did manage to video one of your runs on Friday, it'll be included in my YouTube video for the event. Thank you again!
Great! I look forward to seeing them. I did not get many myself. I still have not mastered the GoPro thing & hubby was not always able to be there in time to video them with the camera.
Old 08-10-2015, 09:57 AM   #11
Ace0751
GEN5 Detail

Drives: 2011 Synergy Series 2SS Convertible
Some duct tape and some metal will be good as new LOL. I sure hope the engine is not bad at all and it won't take a beating on the wallet. I hope to see you and the car next year for a strong run.
Old 08-10-2015, 10:03 AM   #12
yotaman96

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS1LE 2000 Trans Am WS6
Glad to help, but I think you passed your luck on to me. I had an engine failure on Saturday morning.
2015 Ram Crew Cab Cummins
yotaman96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 04:47 PM   #13
jrpxxii

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 427ci
I was the guy who gave you the slicks and I've had others help me at the track in a time of need so I'm glad I could help you out. Guess the tires worked too well and busted your trans. Hope you get it back together quickly. It was a great time and great people and I hope to have my car with me for the next fest.