Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2015 Camaro Fest (VI)

Old 09-18-2015, 03:54 PM   #225
Smkymts

Drives: 2011 Camaro Convertible SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Excellent post except you totally mis-understood my pick one. I said develop a better schedule and pick one is because you obviously can't be two places at one time which is what we have tried to do. A schedule needs to allow for participation in all events. 3 days would definitely help with this but the cost would be 1/3 higher too. Not to say that's a bad thing or that folks won't pay the extra. I think we proved this year that Thursday is a big hit.

An overall champion is a great idea too...

A lot of great comments in your post. Thanks!!
Mlee, I understand its not for everyone, not everyone is going to enter Multiple events (i.e. - drag, car show, autoX). Yes, I would love a three day event. But I was talking about crowning a over all Fest champion. I propose points assigned to every top 5 or 10 event winners. The more events you signup for and place, the more points you get. At the end of the three day event, the person with the most points, gets the trophy. In the event of a tie, then have a Chevrolet representive or the "Top Camaro of the year" Event Trophy sponsor pick the winner. So the more events you sign up for the better chance you have to be crowned the best. This point assignment eliminates any one event winner, nor just the fastest, or just the owner who spends the most on their car from being crowned.

I also propose that the entery price be adjusted for the number of events you enter or the number of days you stay.
Smkymts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 12:53 AM   #226
Hydro FROG

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
Send a message via AIM to Hydro FROG Send a message via Yahoo to Hydro FROG
Would it be possible for us "general" members to see a price break down of what this past fest cost for Camaro5 to run? Maybe it has already been posted and I missed it, but it might make it easier for us to understand the cost of running an event like this.
Old 09-29-2015, 10:54 AM   #227
Merc
In The Circle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
^^^ I doubt that will ever be posted, but the largest expense will be renting the track and that can very wildly from track to track.