Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-14-2010, 12:43 AM   #1
SuperH
Synergized

Drives: 2011 SGM M6 2SS/RS
Send a message via ICQ to SuperH Send a message via AIM to SuperH Send a message via MSN to SuperH Send a message via Yahoo to SuperH
Thumbs down Random Acts of Arrogance/Spite

So, tonight, I was driving my Camaro. There was this guy who raced up behind me in a Volvo, and started following me as I changed lanes. With each lane change, he flashed his lights at me. I kept changing lanes, and he kept following me.

I zig-zagged back and forth about twenty times in two blocks; he pulled up alongside me and flipped the bird. Why? I put my window down, and asked what was wrong, with phrasing, "Sir, what have I done?" he put his windows down, I reiterated the question, and he flipped the bird again, cranked up his music, and then made his turn and drove off. He never muttered a single word.

It's a good thing I wasn't in Indiana where I grew up. I might have grabbed *insert weapon of choice* and blew his f***ing head off. "Officer, I was threatened." Personal protection is well regarded in my homeland! HK 45s fit very well in the Camaro's glove compartment.

These kind of things irritate me, because you never know why people do this stuff; they just do it. Any thoughts as to why? Jealousy? Hatred toward the car? He drove a fairly nice Volvo S60. I cannot see why there would be jealousy.

He was an Indian/Arabic man in his early to middle 40s. That kind of behavior I would not expect from a guy like him. It completely caught me off-guard.
SuperH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 12:59 AM   #2
jmitt85

Drives: 2009 Nissan 370z
He hates American cars? Lol I mustang gt did the samething to me. I was going my normal speed 75 mph and I past him up well he didn't like so when we got on the next highway he drove up on me going about 85 I was going 65 because my exit ramp was about a mile or so well I let him pass and gave him two cars lanths and I step on it and lets just say he was trying his hardest to pass me again.
Old 11-14-2010, 01:01 AM   #3
SuperH
Synergized

Send a message via ICQ to SuperH Send a message via AIM to SuperH Send a message via MSN to SuperH Send a message via Yahoo to SuperH
Maybe he hates American cars? By the way, I love your photo!
Old 11-14-2010, 01:05 AM   #4
Ringo
Politically incorrect

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperH View Post

He was an Indian/Arabic man in his early to middle 40s. That kind of behavior I would not expect from a guy like him. It completely caught me off-guard.
Really? I get lots of looks from them in my car, and I wouldn't call it a friendly sort of look. Whatever. I leave my guns at home just for this reason.

Ringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 01:10 AM   #5
BWProductions
StormTrooper

Drives: SW 2SS/RS Vert with Beige top soon
You know what I say? (see picture)

Enjoy that BEAUTIFUL ride that you have and don't let anyone tell you different, because they are just jealous!
Attached Images

Old 11-14-2010, 01:11 AM   #6
jmitt85

Drives: 2009 Nissan 370z
Thanks it was down here in St.Louis. Chevys half American camaro is what he hates.
Old 11-14-2010, 01:18 AM   #7
Mr CLuTcH
Always On Kill!

Drives: S.I.M. SS
This is absolutely amazing! That's the same thing that happened to me tonight on my way home from work! I'm on the highway with moderate traffic for 8pm, and I swear I'm not kidding it was either a guy in a Volvo, just like you seen, or some type of Honda, this guy was following me everywhere I went! I just got my windshield replaced so I'm practicing driving the speed limit (60-70), so I'm just cruising home, and he gets right on my damn bumper and there is like no traffic stopping him from passing! I was like dude WTF.

So I think,...."oh....Oh.....OOH, he wants to race perhaps". So I decide to make him play a little game of cat and mouse called chase, I switch lanes a couple of times, all while doing the limit and he matches my lane change, so I slow down and do like 40 and I wait for him to come next to me,...he's next to me and he looks over and he must have been the most pissed off guy I seen today. His car was used as his office,....apparently, he looked over at me and I see papers and trash everywhere on his dash and all, I'd be pissed too.

So at that point I take things into my own hands because I see no motive to what this guy is doing or "trying" to do by following me, so I politely yet gradually accelerate to a speed incapable to his car and past him by miles and problem solved. That's weird though, and also dangerous. Thank god I don't travel alone ...... This is just another reason I never leave home without my GUN. I literally had guys who wanted to race me in my area, follow me home with the intent to car jack me, sit in front of my home, block me in my drive way after work, and all of that good stuff, I got cameras installed around my entire house and then got the police involved against them and it eventually stopped. But had it didn't,....I would have quickly solved it "the hard way".
*K&N typhoon CAI
*Aggressive cam.
*Tune
**Result**: 465rwhp/ 447rwtq. Satisfied.
Mr CLuTcH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 01:31 AM   #8
SuperH
Synergized

Wow. Your case seems worse than mine. Where do you live, Mr Clutch(-less? - Mr L99? :P)

I see Louisiana, but where at? This is nothing I'd ever expect in Yuppie Johnson County, Kansas.
Old 11-14-2010, 01:40 AM   #9
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

Drives: Orange Krate DOB - 11/22/2010
Good thing you gun toters aren't in Los Angeles. The gangs would eat you up. Just one WRONG LOOK and they open fire with full autos without provocation. That is why my baby will not be my commuter car. I am low key in my other ride. Most commuters here drive SHI#$T boxes to work in rough areas for that reason. No one wants the car and go ahead and steal it! It aint worth nothing. It is sad there are that many a$$wipes in the world. Funny thing is...they come in "all flavors".

Simi Valley, CA
email: orangekrate2011@yahoo.com
Orange Krate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 01:45 AM   #10
SuperH
Synergized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Krate View Post
Good thing you gun toters aren't in Los Angeles. The gangs would eat you up. Just one WRONG LOOK and they open fire with full autos without provocation.
This is gun-toting conservative country here. I think most of us have semi-autos in the glove compartment, console, door panel, or all of the above, so the status-quo is humility around here! No one wants to find out...

No plans to move to LA... ever...
Old 11-14-2010, 01:54 AM   #11
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Krate View Post
Good thing you gun toters aren't in Los Angeles. The gangs would eat you up. Just one WRONG LOOK and they open fire with full autos without provocation. That is why my baby will not be my commuter car. I am low key in my other ride. Most commuters here drive SHI#$T boxes to work in rough areas for that reason. No one wants the car and go ahead and steal it! It aint worth nothing. It is sad there are that many a$$wipes in the world. Funny thing is...they come in "all flavors".
I don't know about all that. But they are pretty scary...

Simi Valley's pretty far from LA, but it has it's share of thugs. Most of them are white boys with bandannas and bro trucks...
Attached Images

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp

Last edited by Revo1; 11-14-2010 at 02:04 AM.
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 01:57 AM   #12
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
Next time slam on the brakes. He'll either pass you or pay for your "back problem".

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 01:59 AM   #13
winston2ss
YDLYLB

Drives: Cgm 2ssrs
LA bad! Guns good!
Old 11-14-2010, 02:13 AM   #14
Ringo
Politically incorrect

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revo1 View Post
I don't know about all that. But they are pretty scary...

Simi Valley's pretty far from LA, but it has it's share of thugs. Most of them are white boys with bandannas and bro trucks...
Gotta love those Spartacus wheels! They have hick's in Simi? "Hey sis, you awake!"

Ringo is offline   Reply With Quote