Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-05-2015, 08:48 AM   #1
Freyguy08

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS RS
A.C. OFF DUE TO HIGH ENGINE TEMP

Anybody have this before? I get this warning once in a while. The first time was in the winter and it was about 20 degrees out. 5 minutes after starting the car that warning came on and when I checked my temp it was just ---.
I stopped and checked and everything seemed nice and cool so I babied it home. That warning stayed on for about two weeks and right when I was about to have it towed, it went away for about two months. It just came back on the other day. I think its just a faulty reading? I have the Whipple system including their thermostat. They haven't heard of it before and I didn't see anything concrete when I searched it.
Thoughts?

Comin' in hot!
Freyguy08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 10:09 AM   #2
Camaro_Custom_Painted
Choke on that causality!

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
I have seen this exact same problem where the temp sensor on the supercharger unit is not synced properly with the GM one and the computer thinks - based on the different temp readings - that the car is overheating. So the car turns off the A/C and engine temp gauge, and runs the fans on high. So my bet is the whipple sensor is bad or its in the tune.

Are you seeing P0116 engine code?
Edelbrock EForce - Stainless Works Headers - BMR Sways & Arms & Toe Links & Control Arm Bushings & End Links - Rotofab CAI - Assorted Interior, Exterior, Underhood Bling - Red Jewel Stripes & Full Body Clear - Lexani LX15 Wheels - JRE Fuel Rail Upgrade - Kenne Bell BAP - Heartthrob XPipe - Elite Catch Can - Pedders Cradle & Front Arm Bushings - Hotchkis Strut Brace - MSD Wires - Carbotech Brakes - DSS 1000HP Axles & Driveshaft - Mickey Thompson Tires - Halo Harness - AutoMeter A/F, Boost, Fuel Pressure Gauges - Whats Next?

Last edited by Camaro_Custom_Painted; 05-05-2015 at 10:24 AM.
Camaro_Custom_Painted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 12:09 PM   #3
Freyguy08

I wrote down the code but its at home I will have to check later. Did you see this on your car?

Comin' in hot!
Old 05-05-2015, 12:13 PM   #4
ajp
50th Anniversary Vert

Drives: Camaro 2017 50th Anniversary
Had this when my Freon was low.
Old 05-05-2015, 12:22 PM   #5
Camaro_Custom_Painted
Choke on that causality!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freyguy08 View Post
I wrote down the code but its at home I will have to check later. Did you see this on your car?
A friend of mine had it happen on his car after having a supercharger installed. The tuner was a hack, so he went to a better shop and they took care of it within the tune.
Edelbrock EForce - Stainless Works Headers - BMR Sways & Arms & Toe Links & Control Arm Bushings & End Links - Rotofab CAI - Assorted Interior, Exterior, Underhood Bling - Red Jewel Stripes & Full Body Clear - Lexani LX15 Wheels - JRE Fuel Rail Upgrade - Kenne Bell BAP - Heartthrob XPipe - Elite Catch Can - Pedders Cradle & Front Arm Bushings - Hotchkis Strut Brace - MSD Wires - Carbotech Brakes - DSS 1000HP Axles & Driveshaft - Mickey Thompson Tires - Halo Harness - AutoMeter A/F, Boost, Fuel Pressure Gauges - Whats Next?
Old 05-05-2015, 12:38 PM   #6
Freyguy08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_Custom_Painted View Post
A friend of mine had it happen on his car after having a supercharger installed. The tuner was a hack, so he went to a better shop and they took care of it within the tune.

Was it random or did it come on and stay on??

Comin' in hot!
Old 05-05-2015, 02:04 PM   #7
Camaro_Custom_Painted
Choke on that causality!

It occurred randomly, but always while the car was getting up to operating temperature. That made sense, in that case, since that's when the temp difference of the two sensors would have the greatest chance of changing.
Old 01-29-2017, 03:16 AM   #8
Blue70SS

Drives: 10 LS3 2SSRS IOM,21 ZLE Wild Cherry
Posts 36 & 38

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...=255241&page=3
Squash twins,GT9,Coil Covers,Mats,Pedals/ADM Gauges,Race Scoop/Trunions
DDS CVs,Carbon F DS/RPM L6/LPE 9.5 3.73/Pedders HD bushes,align kit
RB 2-piece rotors,S/S Lines,Hawk HPE Pads/Forgeline SP3P/Weld RTS
Ceramic ARH 2" LT/3" X-pipe,Corsa Touring/BMR TA,Toe,LCA,DS Loop
StreetSlayer BC3/MTI Shifter-Trans mt/Hotchkis CB/Monster CC/SJM LineLock
PFADT Coil Overs,Sways,Links,Mounts,SF Bushes,Camber Kit

LPE Brotherhood
Blue70SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 03:56 PM   #9
BubbaSS
WHAT RED LIGHT?!

Drives: 2011 Black Camaro 2SS/RS M6
Happened to me when my coolant level was low
2011 2SS/RS M6 BLACK - VARARAM NO TUNE INTAKE, MODDED AND PORTED TB, PORTED INTAKE MANIFOLD, VITESSE THROTTLE CONTROLLER, DOUG THORLEY LT'S, CATLESS, X-PIPE, 25" STAINLESS WORKS RETRO CHAMBERED MUFFLERS, CUSTOM 2.5" MANDREL BENT EXHAUST, RICHMOND 4.10 GEARS, CUSTOM CAM (231/242 @ 114LSA), MUSTANG DYNO TUNED BY TORQ, 20% CERAMIC TINTS, EIBACH PROKIT SPRINGS 1" DROP, HAWK PERFORMANCE CERAMIC BRAKES, NITTO INVO TIRES, HYDROCARBON TAIL LIGHT AND FOG LIGHT BEZELS BY EMBLEMPROS, METRA DASH KIT, JVC KW-AV71BT, PHOENIX GOLD iAMP GM1, PASSPORT QI45 - 450 RWHP 415 RWTQ
BubbaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 12:56 PM   #10
LStick

Drives: 2021 Shadow Gray 1LS
Had this happen on a Silverado when the thermostat failed and stuck open.
Message on DIC is a Universal one.

My truck wasn't equipped with air conditioning.
LStick is offline   Reply With Quote