Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 04-17-2020, 06:24 PM   #29
Greenhornet2

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS LS3 Whipple
I don't think you'll need an 8 rib. I'm on a 6 rib but I am not sure how fast you can spin the lsa before you need an 8 rib. You aren't looking for crazy numbers so pretty sure you'll be fine with 6 rib but again, I'd be asking Ted.
Whipple 2.9 CAI ID1050x injectors ZL1 Pump JRE FPCM JMS Voltage booster JRE Rough Idle blower cam BTR .660 springs CHE trunnion kit 1 7/8 Speed Engineering Borla Atak JRE scoop 1.5" lowering springs BMR trailing arms and toe links Cradle inserts 704WHP 603WTQ 93 octane
Greenhornet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 10:20 AM   #30
Valkyrie14
Valkyrie14

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro SS
I am pricing out pulleys and kits. Looking at 6 rib with 2.7 - 3 on the S.C. upper pulley. Still not sure what needs to be changed from stock. I talked with Ted and he said not to go below 2.7 until I add a cam.

Looking for guys with spare parts or parts from their swaps to AFM SC’s if you guys know anyone have them PM me.

The lower I got is dirty. What is it safe to clean with?
2014 SS LS3/LSA Supercharger, 10% Super Damper, 2.55 upper, AGP Dual Pump, ID 1050 injectors, Pegasus solid rear cradle bushings, LT Headers, Roto-Fab CAI, Elite E2 catch can, E85 corn fed, 160 Thermostat, Monster Twin Disk, MGW Short Throw shifter, Tick Clutch Master Cylinder, HP Tuners, JL Audio system.
Valkyrie14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 12:11 PM   #31
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
Brake klean is safe...

I got 681 on e85 with a 6 rib btw (ported blower)...

-Don
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 06:11 PM   #32
Valkyrie14
Valkyrie14

I took a closer look at the lower I bought. It is stripped of all sensors and has a white sandy grit on the hookup up front. I am going to give it a good cleaning. I am guessing it isn’t safe to put any cleaner down in on the blower spindles. I am going to wipe around the mouth of the spindles. I bought some brake cleaner and carb cleaner. I just want it to look good when it is in and get the carbon off of it.

Would I benefit from sanding off the rough surface of the snout and the mouth of the blower. Not really taking anything off, just smoothing the surface. Any body try it?
2014 SS LS3/LSA Supercharger, 10% Super Damper, 2.55 upper, AGP Dual Pump, ID 1050 injectors, Pegasus solid rear cradle bushings, LT Headers, Roto-Fab CAI, Elite E2 catch can, E85 corn fed, 160 Thermostat, Monster Twin Disk, MGW Short Throw shifter, Tick Clutch Master Cylinder, HP Tuners, JL Audio system.
Old 04-19-2020, 06:50 PM   #33
Greenhornet2

Yea i'm not sure if brake clean on the rotors would damage them. I know the whipples are teflon coated. I can't see any harm in sanding down anything rough can't do anything but help just don't get any grit into the rotors.
Whipple 2.9 CAI ID1050x injectors ZL1 Pump JRE FPCM JMS Voltage booster JRE Rough Idle blower cam BTR .660 springs CHE trunnion kit 1 7/8 Speed Engineering Borla Atak JRE scoop 1.5" lowering springs BMR trailing arms and toe links Cradle inserts 704WHP 603WTQ 93 octane
Old 04-20-2020, 02:50 PM   #34
Valkyrie14
Valkyrie14

Bolts. Will the bolts from my intake on the LS3 work to mount the blower to the heads? I having got my lid yet, but I think the bolts to mount the lid to the blower are coming with it.

This leads to why I am posting this. If I need to get bolts for all or part of this project is there a kit for that? (I don’t think so, or google didn’t bring it to me on a search). I am getting an ARP crank bolt, and want to just get ARP bolts for any missing bolts I need, but that takes a little digging and knowledge of the exact bolt I need. Anyone do this already? A thread out there on bolts for LSA conversion?
Old 04-20-2020, 05:49 PM   #35
Valkyrie14
Valkyrie14

I just got scammed. I thought I bought $1,100 worth of parts from a Tucker Beathard, lid, heat exchanger, fuel rails, etc. Turns out it was a scam set up by a guy on here Remedy. He is either the same guy or working with him. I posted a thread if you want more info about what an idiot I am.

I am back to gosh darn square one. I have a blower, injectors, fuel pump, crank pulley, belt and pulley kit thanks to real, honest people on here. I still need all of the big pieces for this project. At this point I could have bought a kit, or by the time I am done a Whipple.

The son of a gun is still emailing me trying to get me to send more money.
Old 04-20-2020, 06:11 PM   #36
Greenhornet2

Well shit man. That really sucks. It's a little tougher piecing things together. I've seen whole used set ups for people that swapped to a turbo, centri or even a whipple, those are what i kept coming across. I've yet to come across scams but i usually buy face to face or ebay. Very sorry this happened to you! You'll still be in cheaper than a whipple kit for $7k it cost me more since i went with more boost and more fuel than the stock kit.
Old 04-20-2020, 06:25 PM   #37
Valkyrie14
Valkyrie14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenhornet2 View Post
Well shit man. That really sucks. It's a little tougher piecing things together. I've seen whole used set ups for people that swapped to a turbo, centri or even a whipple, those are what i kept coming across. I've yet to come across scams but i usually buy face to face or ebay. Very sorry this happened to you! You'll still be in cheaper than a whipple kit for $7k it cost me more since i went with more boost and more fuel than the stock kit.
I have had four great transactions with people on the forum. So I am not losing sight of the fact that the majority of the world is good people. I am definitely wary now. I looked at remedy, two posts that were less than a sentence each. I mostly posted this as a warning to others that are shopping for parts. It’s just money, I have my health, my family is healthy. My Camaro still kicks heiny, even though it will have to wait a little longer for its supercharger.
Old 04-21-2020, 01:26 PM   #38
Valkyrie14
Valkyrie14

Today I broke down and ordered a kit from West Michigan Automotive Technology. Mike there helped me out by custom making a kit for me based upon the stuff that I already have. The price wasn’t bad. Still gonna come out cheaper than a Whipple or other blower, even when I account for the money that got ripped off. If you don’t count what was stolen an LSA conversion is a very economical way to get FI.

After yesterday I needed to just move forward. If the CC company helps me out then great, but based upon what I read last night on policies concerning money to friends and family no one covers those. I am still going to submit.

During lunch today I took off the snout of the blower and started cleaning. I feel better just turning a wrench and smelling solvent. All I need now is the upper pulley a crank bolt and a beauty cover. Going to get an ARP bolt because I am likely to be putting on a cam in a year or two and will be able to reuse it.

Someone had already been inside my blower, and really used a lot of ATV. It was on everything inside. Good thing I have time.
Old 04-22-2020, 05:38 PM   #39
Valkyrie14
Valkyrie14

Got the LSX innovations drive assembly kit today looks great high quality billet.

Lower is clean. I saw a rebuild kit, not sure if that is a good idea. Not sure how many miles are this blower and it would be a pain to pull it in 10,000 miles to service it. Anyone do this, or did Eaton build these to never be opened?
Old 04-24-2020, 12:30 PM   #40
Valkyrie14
Valkyrie14

Belt question. Got the ZL1 pulley and belt today. It is an 8 rib. I got a pulley kit to allow me to use the rest of my LS3 drive assembly. Now it is a 8 rib. Hmmmm. Do I return the kit and get the 8 rib parts, or stay LS3 with the kit I have?

I don’t have the S.C. pulley yet, so that doesn’t matter I could go 6 or 8.
Old 04-24-2020, 12:59 PM   #41
Greenhornet2

I suppose that's up to you. If it will save money with 6rib that's all you should need for the power you're looking for.
Old 04-24-2020, 04:02 PM   #42
Scotty D

Drives: 2014 1le 1SS CRMT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkyrie14 View Post
Today I broke down and ordered a kit from West Michigan Automotive Technology. Mike there helped me out by custom making a kit for me based upon the stuff that I already have. The price wasn’t bad. Still gonna come out cheaper than a Whipple or other blower, even when I account for the money that got ripped off. If you don’t count what was stolen an LSA conversion is a very economical way to get FI.

After yesterday I needed to just move forward. If the CC company helps me out then great, but based upon what I read last night on policies concerning money to friends and family no one covers those. I am still going to submit.

During lunch today I took off the snout of the blower and started cleaning. I feel better just turning a wrench and smelling solvent. All I need now is the upper pulley a crank bolt and a beauty cover. Going to get an ARP bolt because I am likely to be putting on a cam in a year or two and will be able to reuse it.

Someone had already been inside my blower, and really used a lot of ATV. It was on everything inside. Good thing I have time.
I wonder if that system will work with the kong 2650 ??
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote