Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-05-2023, 09:29 AM   #1
jcastag

Drives: 2017 Camaro FIFTY 2SS
Thoughts on SW Headers vs Stock

I am sure this has been asked before, but I have a few questions about swapping the stock manifolds to Stainless Works or Stainless Power headers on my 2SS.

I have read conflicting information - some say the stock manifolds are pretty good as is, and others say there will be a huge performance and sound improvement with changing them to headers.

What are everyones thoughts on the Stainless Works and Stainless Power headers?

I know I also have to upgrade the programming as well, so there is a pretty nice additional cost there as well.

Feedback is much appreciated.
jcastag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2023, 12:09 PM   #2
Jeb114

Drives: 2021 300
The stock manifold's flow as good as headers for the money you will feel little difference. Headers alone does not make a huge amount of sound unless you replace the cat back system. Large amount of money and work, and with the new 2025 emissions you play inspection roulette.
Now you will hear from people who don't care how you spend your money. I have been thee and done that!
Jeb114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2023, 12:54 PM   #3
JT6Speed

Drives: 2023 Camaro 1SS M6
I thought our stock LT1's were basically Tri-Y headers out of the factory, no? If that's the case I don't think it's worth the money and aggrevation, although the sound might be improved.
JT6Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2023, 01:13 PM   #4
Gen6cyl

Drives: Chevy Camaro 2021 ,rs, v6, manual
If you have money to blow and don't mind potential headaches.But what do I know, I like the v6 and it's one downpipe per side.
Gen6cyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2023, 01:20 PM   #5
m6-lt1

Drives: 2023 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeb114 View Post
The stock manifold's flow as good as headers for the money you will feel little difference. Headers alone does not make a huge amount of sound unless you replace the cat back system. Large amount of money and work, and with the new 2025 emissions you play inspection roulette.
Now you will hear from people who don't care how you spend your money. I have been thee and done that!
The 2025 emissions standards are for manufacturers to worry about, not people who go get their cars tested yearly.

Op there are gains to be had with headers just not the same gains as back in the day when manufacturers were bad at making stock exhaust manifolds. If you live in a non emissions testing state and don’t mind breaking the federal law then go for it. If you live in a state that does emissions testing it may make passing difficult even with a tune.
m6-lt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2023, 02:37 PM   #6
easttxss

Drives: '16 2SS M6
Stainless Works makes really nice stuff. Stainless Power is their cheaper, import line.
'14 Fusion Titanium 2.0T
'83 Jeep Wagoneer
easttxss is offline   Reply With Quote