Old 05-03-2017, 03:44 PM   #29
Hawk397
Sparky

Drives: 2017 50th Coupe / 2017 ZL1
Exactly!

I personally support a small economy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSDan View Post
Besides the last I checked the "little/middle guy" has a better chance of employment when money is spent on things that need to be built and serviced.
Hawk397 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 04:16 PM   #30
djnice

Drives: 13 ZL1 SIM, 99 Z28 Black
I thought the Corvette forum was bad. Maybe they are all going down hill.
Old 05-03-2017, 04:42 PM   #31
eddie c
BOAT SALESMAN

Drives: 2017 Hyper Conv, CFH, ZL1, A10
We leased our ZL1 figuring it's the best way to know what it will loose up front.
Old 05-03-2017, 05:06 PM   #32
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilermaker128 View Post
Hit a nerve eh. At least can'thave2muchhp gets to up his post count some which he loves doing. Paid 65k in taxes last year not including purchases so yeah I make a decent living, but I work hard for it and wouldn't waste it like OP. Oh and don't call me sir unless your my apprentice, even then...guess I should've worded it like EricSS.
This post is a waste of html code.

Wasting is completely up to an individual. Some people make $50,000 a year and save their money and buy 5 or 6 figure watches...Others blow hundreds of thousands on vacations...In my book those are both wastes, but people may like those things and it's not up to me to say so.

And as far as that post count dig, I don't think that warrants a response but I'll give one anyways...I haven't even looked at my post count in forever and frankly I don't care, if you have a problem with it, you may also have a pee pee problem... Keep your opinions to yourself and share only when asked for.

Sorry to ruin the OP's thread on resale value...Continue please.
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 05:08 PM   #33
Eric SS
#becauseracecar

Drives: 2016 SS Sedan, 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by trident View Post
Every vehicle purchase is a poor financial decision, depreciation vs appreciation. In my case I wanted a Mercedes S550 and I could afford it, so I bought it. The GTS was to be a fun car, however Mercedes bought it back, no loss. You work hard, make good financial decisions and it all comes together. I am not a trust baby; all given to you, I worked and saved and now going to enjoy it, in fact I am going to spend it all or leave it to the Disabled Veterans. And yes the M6 does have hill assist in both directions if it engages.
I wasn't trying to come off as an ass, I even quiped that I make the same mistake since I love cars so much. We can agree they are terrible financial decisions.
Eric SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 06:13 PM   #34
crunch527

Drives: Big Brown
trident, you roll how I think...

$55K...so what? DO IT!
crunch527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 06:41 PM   #35
DFW1LE

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE Mosiac Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric SS View Post

Also, Doesn't the M6 come with hill hold so you don't have to worry about people behind you?
Yes, it does, should be especially nice feature for those that are newbies to manuals.
DFW1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 09:52 PM   #36
Quicksilver64

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Nightfall Gray
Boilermaker128,
Why are you lurking around on the forum for a 65K muscle car telling us we are wasting our money. That doesn't add up. You are free to say what you want but be willing to accept the backlash.
Quicksilver64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 11:03 PM   #37
GrimReaperSS

Drives: 2001 Onyx Black/Ebony SS. 427/M6
OP, Im curious what your impression were in the difference between the AMG GT and your Z06 as well as the ZL1. Also, was the AMG GT an S or standard GT? I am a Mercedes tech for a living, but GM guy at heart. I agree with you on the 222 (S550). Very nice driving car, would love to own one as well, but I was amazed how much Mercedes do not hold their value except the AMG cars. Thing that impressed me the most with that car, the heated door panel arm rests and heated center console cover. Team those together with the heated seats and heated sterring wheel, amazing for Wisconsin winters. Also for being a rolling land yacht, those things really get up and move!
GrimReaperSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 11:45 PM   #38
kttxz06

Drives: '18 Zl1. '18 GT350.
Quote:
Originally Posted by djnice View Post
I thought the Corvette forum was bad. Maybe they are all going down hill.
Haha, nope. This place has turned into a shit hole. Too many young, left, liberals on these sites now. Whining and complaining about everything. You can't have nice things anymore without those clowns saying it's a waste and............"not what I'd do with my money" judgemental types. Eh well. Just screen names on a screen anyways.
Old 05-04-2017, 05:14 AM   #39
trident
No Hope

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Black Coupe, 2017 Z06,
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimReaperSS View Post
OP, Im curious what your impression were in the difference between the AMG GT and your Z06 as well as the ZL1. Also, was the AMG GT an S or standard GT? I am a Mercedes tech for a living, but GM guy at heart. I agree with you on the 222 (S550). Very nice driving car, would love to own one as well, but I was amazed how much Mercedes do not hold their value except the AMG cars. Thing that impressed me the most with that car, the heated door panel arm rests and heated center console cover. Team those together with the heated seats and heated sterring wheel, amazing for Wisconsin winters. Also for being a rolling land yacht, those things really get up and move!
Thanks for sticking to cars, I think that is what the forum is about; discussions about cars. The GTS is a solid well built car made for the track, however mine had a little problem and MB bought it back. I read alot about the ZL1 and in my opinion, so far, the ZL1 is a better car for half the price. I think on the track the ZL1 would whip the GTS. I am amazed at the handling of the ZL1 and of course the power. So I will go with the ZL1, but the GTS beats everyone in safety features and build quality.. As for the S, that is at the top. It is luxurious and has all the safety features which are alway the first and first rate. Auto brakes have saved me many times and to know that this 5.000 lbs. machine is built like a tank is reassuring. On both the Z06 and the ZL1 the cooling seats are far better than the MB.
trident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 05:22 AM   #40
trident
No Hope

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Black Coupe, 2017 Z06,
Texascarsdirect.com

Probably, the biggest dealer of off lease and auction MB's all inspected and he sells them for $1,000 above what is buys them for. My neighbor two doors down drives a new S550 every three years and at a price that excludes the first three years of depreciation.

texascarsdirect.com
trident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 06:21 AM   #41
Kurac

Drives: 2016 Shelby GT350 Track Pack
Quote:
Hit a nerve eh. At least can'thave2muchhp gets to up his post count some which he loves doing. Paid 65k in taxes last year not including purchases so yeah I make a decent living, but I work hard for it and wouldn't waste it like OP. Oh and don't call me sir unless your my apprentice, even then...guess I should've worded it like EricSS.
Says the guy who drives a 7yr old Cavalier.
Kurac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 07:00 AM   #42
1295/SS

Drives: 87 GNX 87 Turbo T '13 CTS-V
Quote:
Did you really respond with what you paid in taxes???? Gotta love the internet.
1295/SS is offline   Reply With Quote