Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-27-2011, 07:09 PM   #29
TDevilsG

Drives: 2013 2LT Victory Red LFX
Quote:
Originally Posted by WICG2772 View Post
I find these topics somewhat , just for reasons as stated above. Usually, I am finding that the more a person 'tries' to 'protect' their car (Or stuff in general) from crap happening....the more that person will have 'crap' happen to their car. Murphy's law...or something like that. Or, another good one is that someone will be so 'anal' (no offense to anyone) as to park far away from the door of a business or take up 2 spots, that when leaving the parking lot or getting a couple blocks from home, they will be involved in an accident or in some instances, will have vandalism occur. I dunno, jmo.
Kind of agree. I think I will be anal for precautionary reasons when I get my car tomorrow, avoiding parking around others. But as time passes I will probably begin parking near others again. I owned a black toyota corolla before my Camaro and the thing is just scratched to all heck. I have white paint marks on both sides of the car running down the side doors, and marks all over the place. I would never get a black car again. People will hit your car and carry on with their business. You need to be super careful without becoming paranoid.
TDevilsG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 07:42 PM   #30
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelH View Post
i just back in much easier lol
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 07:58 PM   #31
CamaroJim56
Obsessed

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS RS
I too usually back in, head out the window, no issues, pulling in and judging where I am, not so much. Backing into parking spot at home, can consistently put the passenger side 6-8 inches from the curb. These things are hard to position, but well worth the trouble.
CamaroJim56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 10:14 PM   #32
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
Park it all the time, but usually try for corner spots or next to islands if possible...that way I can park the passenger side close to the curb, and get lots of space away from cars that do decide to park next to me.
Old 10-27-2011, 10:27 PM   #33
1CamaroSS

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS Inferno Orange
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post
Park it all the time, but usually try for corner spots or next to islands if possible...that way I can park the passenger side close to the curb, and get lots of space away from cars that do decide to park next to me.
This is what I do as well. I do try to find a spot back farther in the lot as well. I remember my first new car in High School I took up 2 spots in the lot and got egg'd and shoe polished. I try to not do that anymore!

These cars are seriously hard to park going forward or backward. I'm not sure if its because of how wide it is or maybe the poor visibility. I think most of us agree with you..... parking the 5th Gen is a pain in the *ss! (But worth it!)
1CamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 11:16 PM   #34
Vengeance Graphix

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1CamaroSS View Post
parking the 5th Gen is a pain in the *ss! (But worth it!)
agreed
Vengeance Graphix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 02:08 AM   #35
The Shadoww
Black on Black on Black

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LS
Send a message via Skype™ to The Shadoww
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1CamaroSS View Post
parking the 5th Gen is a pain in the *ss! (But worth it!)
I sense a pun on *SS...

Anyway, this is how i do it: I back in (best way to escape in a Decepticon invasion... Why else would i buy a Camaro?) but while backing in i crack my door a bit so i can see the line and just follow it for a flawless park every time.
As for the double park thing, why don't you just park in the back of the lot where there is plenty of room and don't have to park like a dick? And if there isn't plenty of room why are you taking two spots?
Old 10-28-2011, 03:15 AM   #36
stray bullitt

Drives: Bentley Continental GT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioGuy89 View Post
I feel like backing in would be even harder because I can't see anything out the trunk so I have NO idea where the bumper is.
Are there no reverse parking sensors on your car? The solid beep leaves mine just short of a foot away from any obstacles.
stray bullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 03:24 AM   #37
Hellfighter

Drives: 2013 Black ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by xVengeancex28 View Post
haha, yeah i tend to do that as well

I do that too, i live near crap load of indian people and no offence but they suck at driving parking and backing up, my previous 2010 1LT had so many dents and dings its not funny, from that day i park in two spots until today when a week ago new apartment complex people took over now they are being complete A holes, and threatened to put a yellow sticker on my car for towing, i laughed in their faces and walked off, a friend of mine works in the office and she protects my car. Stupid Apartment corporate people, i cant wait to get a garage...
Old 10-28-2011, 04:21 AM   #38
RIPws6

Drives: 2019 2SS Riverside Blue
I had to re-learn parking after I bought mine. Ive parked Trans Ams, Firebirds and G6's...but parking the 5th Gen Camaro is somewhat different. The car makes you want to overcompensate for its width but you really dont have to.
While this may sound lame, try going to a parking lot..such as a large church..and practice docking the beast without spectators or live targets. A few swings in...and you will get it down pretty fast.
RIPws6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 05:52 AM   #39
stevea

Drives: just a car
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioGuy89 View Post
I feel like backing in would be even harder because I can't see anything out the trunk so I have NO idea where the bumper is.
You are joking right? If not sell the Camaro and get a mini van with a back up cam. You are a danger to others in a parking lot
stevea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 08:51 AM   #40
LimaCharlie

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS - 2004 Silverado
I always back into parking spots. The side mirrors make it easy to park straight and centered.

2004 Black Silverado 1500 2WD Regular Cab, Short Bed
-5.3 LM7, 4L60E, 3.42, G80

2014 White Caprice PPV
-6.0 L77, 6L80E, 2.92, G80
LimaCharlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 11:06 AM   #41
heRS
Raised by Wolves

Drives: IBM 2010 2LT RS M6
I back in, and adjust my mirrors down so I can see how close my tires are to the line. Then the backup sensors tell me when I'm close.
Otherwise I pull in next to a curb if possible, or in 1 space out in the nosebleed section. I also try for uphill of cart corrals whenever possible.

heRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 08:28 PM   #42
Wakemaker89

Drives: 2020 Summit White LT1 M6
Send a message via Skype™ to Wakemaker89
Parking is tough in these things even backing in which I find to be much easier than turning in. I still have trouble even after driving it every day for two months here is a pic of me parking this morning. I'm not worried about it though because look at all the free space i have to park in!
Attached Images