Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2015, 04:10 PM   #1
kmarshall2121

 
kmarshall2121's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary Edition
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 1,609
Dealership Service Advisors

Are they so busy that every time I call, I have to leave them a voicemail? and then wait 4 to 5 hours for them to return my call? Guess I will voice my opinion on the survey that they will beg me to give them a perfect score on.....
kmarshall2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 04:46 PM   #2
JLSuperfly


 
JLSuperfly's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SF Bay Area, CA
Posts: 4,189
What else do they do other than "check your car in" for service?
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 04:52 PM   #3
BMR Sales



 
BMR Sales's Avatar
 
Drives: Race Car
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Seffner, FL
Posts: 5,317
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLSuperfly View Post
What else do they do other than "check your car in" for service?
They get to take grief from unhappy people all day long - their car is broken, this isn't under warranty, it's going to cost X amount, etc

A Service Advisor needs to know the cars very well and be very good at selling the customers on #1 fixing their car correctly, #2 they also need to get the Oil Changed, etc, #3 sell them Tires etc. A good Service Advisor can make good money and never have to turn a wrench!
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 05:15 PM   #4
kmarshall2121

 
kmarshall2121's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary Edition
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 1,609
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
They get to take grief from unhappy people all day long - their car is broken, this isn't under warranty, it's going to cost X amount, etc

A Service Advisor needs to know the cars very well and be very good at selling the customers on #1 fixing their car correctly, #2 they also need to get the Oil Changed, etc, #3 sell them Tires etc. A good Service Advisor can make good money and never have to turn a wrench!

God knows, they cant answer a phone, either.....
kmarshall2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 09:21 PM   #5
wyo1LE
 
Drives: 2013 SS RS 1LE
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 14
I hate to say it but sometimes a service advisor needs a little break. Yes I know you would like to know what is going on with your car and they didn't call you when they said they would. Here is a normal day for a service advisor. Talk with pissed off customer because there car is new and broken, try to calm down customer and send them on there way, write up car and give to tech, who had a bad night and is mad already. Give repair order to tech and get yelled at by tech because all he ever gets from said writers is warranty work. Tech looks at car and see its been tuned. Tells service writer its not warranty and to call the customer. Customer pissed and yelling cause the writer said it would be warranty this morning. In the middle of all this the service manger has told the writer they are not doing there walk a-rounds and not up selling enough work, so they are on notice. Now the used car department manger comes back yelling because service has not looked at the cars he brought back 2 hours ago and has someone that wants to buy them. Now service manager is upset and yelling at the write again because the own just chewed his butt because service isnt selling enough tires, it all roles down hill to the advisor. That is just 1 customer, not to mention they may have had a personal issue to deal with as well. We all have them sometimes. Service writers can be your friends just like the tech working on your car. Try to place nice and some how make them remember you and you will get muchbetter service.
Just saying.
wyo1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 09:38 PM   #6
Tenring

 
Tenring's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 2SS/RS - SIM
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Arizona
Posts: 2,163
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyo1LE View Post
I hate to say it but sometimes a service advisor needs a little break. Yes I know you would like to know what is going on with your car and they didn't call you when they said they would. Here is a normal day for a service advisor. Talk with pissed off customer because there car is new and broken, try to calm down customer and send them on there way, write up car and give to tech, who had a bad night and is mad already. Give repair order to tech and get yelled at by tech because all he ever gets from said writers is warranty work. Tech looks at car and see its been tuned. Tells service writer its not warranty and to call the customer. Customer pissed and yelling cause the writer said it would be warranty this morning. In the middle of all this the service manger has told the writer they are not doing there walk a-rounds and not up selling enough work, so they are on notice. Now the used car department manger comes back yelling because service has not looked at the cars he brought back 2 hours ago and has someone that wants to buy them. Now service manager is upset and yelling at the write again because the own just chewed his butt because service isnt selling enough tires, it all roles down hill to the advisor. That is just 1 customer, not to mention they may have had a personal issue to deal with as well. We all have them sometimes. Service writers can be your friends just like the tech working on your car. Try to place nice and some how make them remember you and you will get muchbetter service.
Just saying.
Probably not getting any better any time soon with everyone wanting something for nothing and thinking if they complain or yell enough they are going to get their way.

Come to think of it, people now days remind me of some teenagers I am trying to raise!
Tenring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 10:13 PM   #7
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars
 
Moto-Mojo's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: N. CA
Posts: 2,857
If you have ANYTHING to do in your daily job with bringing in income for the COMPANY - and that can cover a lot of job positions, the modern day workplace is driven insanely to generate income. More of it, with less people, than years ago. It's rarely ever enough to please management in sales of any kind. I'm almost convinced that they're only happy when you're not. And now they can bug you in person, in meetings and with incessant e-mails with charts and graphs kicking your arse over more $. It grates on everyone.

And this is probably especially true for car sales and service people. I happen to have a good dealer. But that too is rare indeed.
__________________
I feel a whole lot more like I do now than I did before...RIP, Karl Rieger
Moto-Mojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 10:49 PM   #8
batman53201
Account not blocked
 
batman53201's Avatar
 
Drives: The Batmobile
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: wisconsin
Posts: 2,158
There's no excuse for this crappy service.
__________________
batman53201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 12:52 AM   #9
camarotodd
 
Drives: 1969 Camaro
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: oc, california
Posts: 34
I need to chime in on this one as I am a Dealership Service Advisor...

I write on average 20 or so cars a day and have little idle time between customers. I will always answer the phone whenever I don't have a customer in front of me, but when I cant get the phone and a customer leaves a voicemail there is a red light that flashes on my phone..Call me OCD, but I cant stand seeing the flashing light and will call the customer back at my first opportunity, but never more than 45 minutes to an hour..
This is one of my #1 pet peaves as a customer.

I understand customer frustrations with Service Advisors as I dropped my Camaro off at the local dealer and received less than stellar service to say the least. I know the Chevy Dealer I dropped my car off at probably does 1/2 the business as the dealership I work for, so yes there is no excuse for bad service
I have been at the same dealer for almost 5 years and have never had to beg for a good survey. I treat my customers the way I would like to be treated.
It seems like most people think that we don't do much, but its almost impossible to please everyone you come in to contact with every day.

You are dealing with bosses who want you to sell as much as possible at the highest possible profit at the same time keeping CSI above their standard or face a huge cut in pay (most service advisors pay is decided by
customer surveys) or worse yet, getting fired..Technicians
who want to get paid the most for every little thing they do, and customers who want all of their services as cheap as they can get them in the fastest possible time that threaten you with a bad survey if their demands are not met 100%. Not easy...By the way, in my dealership a bad survey is any survey less than 92%..and in my Dealership can mean can mean a cut in pay of about $500 per month..

I love my job, but it is challenging to say the least..
camarotodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 08:48 AM   #10
ZED SLED


 
ZED SLED's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Cary, NC
Posts: 8,052
I send mine a text. She's 24 and smokin' hot and loves my car. Wants me to bring it in whether it needs service or not. Wish we weren't talking about the car, lol.
__________________

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 10:56 AM   #11
JLSuperfly


 
JLSuperfly's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SF Bay Area, CA
Posts: 4,189
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZED SLED View Post
I send mine a text. She's 24 and smokin' hot and loves my car. Wants me to bring it in whether it needs service or not.
This sounds like a scene from a 1970s porn.
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 11:52 AM   #12
prostock1
 
prostock1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 1le, dual mode exh., no sunruf
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Rowlett
Posts: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZED SLED View Post
I send mine a text. She's 24 and smokin' hot and loves my car. Wants me to bring it in whether it needs service or not. Wish we weren't talking about the car, lol.
Seems like the smoking hot chick "sales tactic" is working again.....
prostock1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 12:01 PM   #13
Jeb114

 
Jeb114's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL 1
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 800
Service writers are the unsung hero's of the service department....
Jeb114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 12:31 PM   #14
Baba

 
Baba's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS Convertible
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: USAREUR, CONUS/DOD-A, VA
Posts: 1,745
Incredibly effing frustrating when you make multiple attempts at reaching them in person, then acquiesce to having to leave a message, then still not receive a timely call-back (2 hours should be plenty - sometimes for an entire day or more) and even when, you can't give them a hard time because that'll just put you at the back of the line - AGAIN! *CLICK*
__________________
2011 Camaro 2LT RS Convertible
Summit White
Black Leather
3 Pedals
Build Date: 06/27/2011

Purchased: 07/30/2011
Title Received: 08/15/2011

1984 Camaro (3rd Gen.): Traded: 1987

"Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss."

Last edited by Baba; 10-08-2015 at 02:43 PM.
Baba is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.