Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 06-05-2012, 09:49 AM   #113
45anni-gen5
Chevy 4 Life

Drives: 2012 45th anniversary RS Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Service@RevolutionStyling View Post
Good morning gang , Thanks for all the great opinions. Pricing is set at $749 retail plus actual shipping for each location. We will start shipping the preorders we already have on schedule. I think we found our led dome light supplier , so with a little more testing that will be another available option. Looking forward to this summer ! Its supposed to rain any minute , but once it clears up Ill get some top down pics posted today.
seems like a high price when u can get a similar product for 450 in multiple colors....i think ill order the other one for 450 bucks with out the ugly brakelight.....
Old 06-05-2012, 09:54 AM   #114
AuburnGrad93

Drives: 2018 Ford F-150 Lariat 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by 45anni-gen5 View Post
seems like a high price when u can get a similar product for 450 in multiple colors....i think ill order the other one for 450 bucks with out the ugly brakelight.....
It's all about preference too. But the cost is not $750. I paid $601 shipped and no brake light.

My Build Thread: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=224339
AuburnGrad93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 10:20 AM   #115
ss409cid

Drives: 2011 SS RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnGrad93 View Post
It's all about preference too. But the cost is not $750. I paid $601 shipped and no brake light.
Looks good.... Others wont buy anything anyway, if they do you cant crap in thier thread....
Old 06-05-2012, 08:17 PM   #116
comeinpeace

Drives: WHITE CONV.
ill take just a small crap here-
this is the first bar i rcvd- stitching was so bad i did not even take it out of the box
second one was also unacceptable but i mounted it- it ALSO went back. i
SETTLED for no stitch- i really wanted the stitch to match the seats, but i guess worst things happen in life.
i still want the stiching so i may glue a faux ribbon stich to give it that look- and if i do it-it will be as straight as an arrow.
needless to say back and forth , to ups waiting for pick up tags- totally unnecessary chores.
glad your stitching is straight auburn- it looks good!
Attached Images

comeinpeace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 08:25 PM   #117
brengeek
Not a dude.

Drives: 2012 45th 2ss/rs
Quote:
Another couple of photos. And let me also take the time to thank Drago77 for the SS logos idea! Thank you sir!
Good thing you put the badging on there dude, never would have known it was an SS without it.

LOL. I haven't teased you in a while, thought I'd say hi !!
Old 06-05-2012, 10:45 PM   #118
Drago77
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Drives: 19 2SS vert, Mosaic Blk, A10
Quote:
Another couple of photos. And let me also take the time to thank Drago77 for the SS logos idea! Thank you sir!
You are quite welcome my friend! Looks great!

I whole heartedly agree that the Revo looks better (in MY opinion)... it "fits" the car, lines and contours, and not just a cookie cutter design. Plus the color match stitching really sold me.

I have encountered many ppl in person, and they all say the same- they got the CDC cuz it was cheaper, or more readily available... I considered it myself for financial reasons, then got lucky and walked into a deal. Glad I did it! And yeah, that side bar is begging for a logo; the white SS just fits so nicely!

Anyone know what the status is of Revolutions? Id heard they were gone???
Drago77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 09:52 AM   #119
AuburnGrad93

Drives: 2018 Ford F-150 Lariat 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by comeinpeace View Post
ill take just a small crap here-
this is the first bar i rcvd- stitching was so bad i did not even take it out of the boxsecond one was also unacceptable but i mounted it- it ALSO went back. i SETTLED for no stitch- i really wanted the stitch to match the seats, but i guess worst things happen in life.
i still want the stiching so i may glue a faux ribbon stich to give it that look- and if i do it-it will be as straight as an arrow.
needless to say back and forth , to ups waiting for pick up tags- totally unnecessary chores.
glad your stitching is straight auburn- it looks good!
I am sorry for your troubles brother, but I agree with you, from those pictures, the stitching was terrible! As Dean says above tho, he has completely changed his upholsterer and I am VERY happy with my bar and with my stitching! I can't tell you the number of positive comments I have received since I installed it! I am happy to recommend the bar to any of our forum members!

Bren: Seriously? I did so try to keep it on the down low!

My Build Thread: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=224339
AuburnGrad93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 08:22 PM   #120
rangomr

Drives: Oracle Camaro has all the bells &
What is the difference between the CDC, and the Revolution Sport Bar?? DESIGN?? I know one is about $100 more. ??
rangomr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 09:31 PM   #121
WCoolBreeze
2SS

Drives: 2016 2SS, Red Garnet Tint
The overall look, the Revolution Sport Bar is wider/deeper and to me it just looks a hell of alot Better. If I had a covertable, this would be the one I would spend my money on.

Walt B.

Gen6, 2016 Camaro 2SS, Red Garnet Tint (with Silver Rally Stripes)

Ordered: 2-12-2016
TPW: 3-7-2016
Built: 3-7-2016
VIN 1G1FH78G0157626
Delivered: 4-26-2016
WCoolBreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 10:20 PM   #122
Drago77
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Drives: 19 2SS vert, Mosaic Blk, A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by WCoolBreeze View Post
The overall look, the Revolution Sport Bar is wider/deeper and to me it just looks a hell of alot Better. If I had a covertable, this would be the one I would spend my money on.

Walt B.
+1

I LOVE mine... I've seen numerous CDC bars just cuz they're more cost effective, but to me- the design is generic... the Revo bar looks like its made specifically for the camaro... the contour fits the car.

But outside of opinion; the specific differences:
-Shape/size
-Covering; the Revo is available in a synthetic leather finish that matches the interior; complete with thick accent stitching
-optional center brake light
-Revo installs to the seatbelt bolt and is less cumbersome to install. CDC mounts inside the rear panels...neither are roll bar rated; just a little more work w the CDC.
Drago77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:38 PM   #123
Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Convertible
gonna bump this..

where can I order this?

been to Revo's site, no ability to add to cart, and it is $150 cheaper on their site than some of the other vendors offering it, revo site has it for $500 but phastekperformance has it for $650....
Mr. iNCREDIBLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 09:52 AM   #124
rangomr

Drives: Oracle Camaro has all the bells &
[QUOTE=AuburnGrad93;5064164]
Quote:
Originally Posted by willhe64 View Post
Don't like it at all. Too big and it is square.

and too expensive too.

But that's just it!! For the exact same reason you just gave for NOT liking the Revolution bar is the EXACT same reason I DO like it! I think it looks more like what GM would have put in the car if they had put an option for a sport bar in! I happen not to like the round CDC sport bar, but that is just MY own personal opinion. I am just glad there are 2 venders making 2 different sports bars, so we have a choice about how our cars are personalized for each of us! Different tastes for different people. I doubt there is another Camaro out there that looks just like my Camaro does! And for me, I liked the way the Revolution bar looked so I spent the extra money to get what I wanted. It's all about choices!
I too went with Revolution Styling as they call themselves now and went with a special color since I've got the 45th Anniversary Convertible and with red on hood, trunk, and brake caplier covers went with a RED SPORT BAR and I like your SS emblems, I will of course have to get some RS. I will be posting pictures by this weekend. Had the windows tinted all too and not rolling windows down for a few days.
Anyway you and a few others went with this design bar and with the good coments and communication with Dean Cole for the Sales part now it was all good. One brother is no longer with the company so their communication has gotten alot better. Michael in Virginia
rangomr is offline   Reply With Quote