Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 10-24-2016, 10:43 PM   #1
NicoleJS

Drives: black car
Control Arm Bushing Premature Wear

Hey guys, I was just doing a front end check on my '68 as a precursor to checking the alignment. I had some play in the tire/wheel assembly in the 12-6 direction. Bearings checked out good. I looked further and I had play in my upper control arm bushing on the driver side. The front bushing is pretty sound but the rear had some motion relative to the cross shaft as I rock the tire 12-6. The bushing looked good to the arm. Went over to the pass side and same thing.

These are energy suspension polygraphite bushings. I put them in about 9 years ago, but there can't be 4000 miles on them (total front end was done at the time, balljoints, idler, pitman, tie rods etc). The car sat for 3 years after I moved. It's just seen easy cruising. The front end is lowered with Hotchkiss lowering springs. Polygraphite bushings on both upper and lowers. 17" wheels (225/50/17) and a steering gear with IROC internals.

Do any of the suspension guru's have ideas on how these can break down so quickly (relative to use)?
tono de llamada mp3

Last edited by NicoleJS; 08-25-2021 at 04:23 AM.
NicoleJS is offline   Reply With Quote