Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 07-10-2020, 12:45 PM   #1
wasthatacop?

Drives: 2010 2SS
Camshaft Question L99

What other parts are needed for the complete install? I don't see any head gaskets. I was thinking I could use the COMP Cams Camshaft Installation Kits 5623. What do you suggest? And yes, I have the 2010 L99 that I intend to keep as my daily driver.
Potential camshaft: https://www.summitracing.com/parts/cca-mk189-301-13
Potential needed accessories?: https://www.summitracing.com/parts/cca-5623

I will also be putting on some long pipe / high flow cat headers, and will be getting a tune. My current engine has 46,000 miles on it.
ZL1 factory rims
misc: drilled and slotted rotors, fresh air brake cooling system, new speakers, installed reverse camera, muffler delete
wasthatacop? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 01:03 PM   #2
acammer
GPI Sales Consultant

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS SGM
I don't want to steer you away from anything if you have your heart set on the Summit stuff - but if you want some help putting together a nice GPI cam package I can make sure you get all the parts you need.

I believe we have some of the very best grinds you're gonna find on the market - and we've powered a lot cars onto the fast lists. Moreover, we try to have the best service in the business. No pressure, but if you're interested feel free to shoot me a message on here with your goals and what you're looking to accomplish, and I can pull together a package to get you there.
GPI Max Package 2.0: Brodix BR7 heads/GPI porting, MAX3 cam, ST2116LSR, BSR Max Lift rockers, LS7 LSXR with 103mm TB, Vararam OTR, Mcleod RXT, G-Force/Strange 9" IRS setup with 4.63 gear. 551whp, 11.1@124mph.
Got a question about a GPI product? Feel free to shoot me a message!
acammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 01:07 PM   #3
wasthatacop?

Drives: 2010 2SS
acammer, thanks for the reply. I am not married to Summit products, and am open to any and all ideas. I am looking to add some power to my daily driver L99 Thanks for the reply.
I'm trying to avoid changing the torque converter. So I'd like to maximize my power with the existing torque converter.
My initial thoughts are to change out the cam, and any springs and/or rockers etc. I realize there are many paths to acheiving higher power outpout with internal mods.
I appreciate you reaching out, and yes I would purchase from any reputable manf with a package that meets my needs.
ZL1 factory rims
misc: drilled and slotted rotors, fresh air brake cooling system, new speakers, installed reverse camera, muffler delete
wasthatacop? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 01:22 PM   #4
acammer
GPI Sales Consultant

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS SGM
Sent you a private message.
GPI Max Package 2.0: Brodix BR7 heads/GPI porting, MAX3 cam, ST2116LSR, BSR Max Lift rockers, LS7 LSXR with 103mm TB, Vararam OTR, Mcleod RXT, G-Force/Strange 9" IRS setup with 4.63 gear. 551whp, 11.1@124mph.
Got a question about a GPI product? Feel free to shoot me a message!
acammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 05:40 PM   #5
LCPLPunk
USA-1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS L99
Changing the torque converter is probably the BEST mod (save a twin turbo/supercharger) for a L99....especially if you are going to cam it.

R2C CAI / Apex Scoop / VMAX Ported TB / Speed Engineering LTHs / X-pipe / GPI port/rod-mod intake manifold / Circle D 3200 278mm Converter / 3.91 gears / DynoSteve tuned / 1LE Shocks/Struts/Toe Links / ZL1 Rear Sway Bar / Z/28 Trailing arms / Prothane Radius Arm & Subframe Bushings / BMR UCA Bracket, Steering rack bushing / B&M Tranny Cooler / RX Catch Can / Jannetty Tranny Dipstick / 2012+ Heater Hose / 2013+ Rearview Mirror / Fuel rail flip / Drake shifter / Oil Cooler Delete
LCPLPunk is offline   Reply With Quote