Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-20-2009, 10:39 PM   #43
RS/SS
The wait is over!!

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS/SS IOM
Don't sweat it, the car is fine. But I'll leave with you this, you may have actually made his day letting him drive the car. Hell, he may be laying in bed right now thinking about how much fun he had driving a modern day muscle car. So just think how YOU made him feel and rest assured you did the right thing.
Old 09-20-2009, 10:42 PM   #44
xxbrankxx

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
My dad took me to many car shows over the years growing up and taught me how to drive...so he can drive my car anytime he wants, it's the least I can do...
Old 09-20-2009, 10:48 PM   #45
SleepWarz
Banned

Drives: 1991 New Yorker, 69 Tbird, ABM2SSRS
Learning to drive manual under warranty ftw. =p

My dad is teaching me the finer points of standard operation.

And my dad is the only other person I'd let drive my car. ^_^ And driving with him is a blast.
SleepWarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 10:55 PM   #46
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
RIP pop... My dad would have left 2 long black marks, look in the rearview and say, "That was a dollars worth of rubber!"

I'd be thinking, "more like 20 bucks, pop. but I'd tell him, "You can do better than that, try again old man."

Last edited by Mr Twisty; 09-20-2009 at 11:06 PM.
Mr Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 10:56 PM   #47
1320junkie

Drives: The Imperial Army
Now that I think about it..my dad doesnt even ask to drive my cars he just does...heck he is the one who lit the car fire in me...i dont mind..unless he is gone to long..lmao
1320junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 11:24 PM   #48
ac223mal

Drives: car
Phoenix328:
Yeah dude you are over reacting and Im glad you came here to vent instead of ripping in to your dad. But he is your dad and he knows what was going on in your head! So he knows you were pissed. You need to take him back out ASAP and let him have another run at it. This time you need to relax and understand he's not gonna jack up you car. You relax and he'll relax and it'll be a better experience.

My dad is the reason I have the car bug, the reason I am what I am today, and I am very thankful for him. We have to agree to disagree sometimes, but I have never been mad at him (at least not since I over being a rebellious teen 16 yrs ago).

My wife never really got the hang of driving a stick shift (easy guys), as a teen and has never had a manual vehicle. Guess what she is learning to drive right now....

Yep you guessed it, my brand new 2010 2SS/RS! Im the one pushing her to go out and drive it. She has done great, so far just parking lots, and no real traffic, but she picked it up quick. I would not have this car, if it wasn't for her. She knew I wanted it, she made the sacrafices for me to get it, so yeah she's gonna get to drive it. That's what I got a warranty for.

Now, I have a good friend that owns a challenger and he's debating a camaro. He doesn't know how to drive a stick. He wants to practice on my car, to see if he really wants one. Yeah, uh the answer is no! He get's offended and keeps on and on asking about it...are you kidding me! I thought there were things that were just off limits, things you just don't ask. I would never had asked to drive my friends pride and joy...never! If I wanted to I would have taken one for a test drive, but not my friends.

So anyways back to the point, lighten up, let your old man drive your car, relax, and enjoy the hell out of having some quailty father and son time!
ac223mal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 12:03 AM   #49
JohnInSoCal

Drives: RJT L99 500HP
i'll let any of my friends / family / wife drive it, it's just a car, it's meant to be enjoyed and shared. Any damage can be fixed. Stalling a manual is not going to cause any damage, otherwise the car could never handle dropping the clutch and racing the thing.
JohnInSoCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 12:11 AM   #50
Epitaph
Custom User Title

Drives: Fast
I agree that it's overreacting, but at least you came here and asked if you were. I think some of you guys are overreacting about him asking, it's not like he yelled at him or anything.
Epitaph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 01:07 AM   #51
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Yep....way over reacting.

I've stalled my car.....6 times now?? It's not the same type of pressure you feel on a 4th Gen clutch. I know...it's weird. Ain't nuthin' gonna happen to your car, man.

Just be happy that you've got a dad you can take for a spin. ....and be even MORE happy that he WANTS to take it for a spin. Some dads simply don't give a crap about cars.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 04:15 AM   #52
vdevine

Drives: 2010 Black SS
Lighten up Frances, it's a car. I actually thought someone wrecked it.
3800 Born: 25 May VIN#12136
6000 Mine 26 June 2009
SLP Loudmouth II, NOWEEDS, BMR 1.4/1.0 Lowering Springs, Cold Air Inductions Intake, Tune, Eagle Eyes w HID, SLP "SS" Grille Insert, Pistol Grip Shifter, Hawk PC Pads, RGB Scanner, Tint, Headlight Armor, Clear Bra, 22's.
vdevine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 05:49 AM   #53
HDDAN

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS 2007 HD FLSTC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix328 View Post
Sorry everybody I have to rant. I got my car two and a half weeks ago and now have 1400 miles on it. I have not let anybody else drive my car yet until today. I generally in the past have not let anybody else drive my other cars, but today I let my father drive my car because he has a 4th gen z28 with a 6 speed for the last 15 years and I thought there would not be a problem. I was wrong.

I know my father did not do any damage to my car probably, but he lugged the engine twice and killed it once on the very short lived drive. I was just so pissed that he could not get it down. I know that i should not be mad its just a car, but this is the first car I have had that cost this much money, its MY CAR, and I'm very paticular about it. So as a end result I guess he ruined it for everybody else because I'm not letting anybody else drive it now. Does anybody think I'm overreacting?
I have three rules for loaning out my Harley that also apply to my SS.
1. Never ride any one elses motorcycle.
2. Never let anyone else ride your motorcycle.
3. Go back to rule 1 and start over.

If I drive someone elses car or bike, I owe them the ability to drive or ride mine. I have had a very bad expierience loaning out a motorcycle years back and got cured of that tendency. Someone would have a better chance asking to use my toothbrush than they would asking to drive my SS. That also includes family members. If someone asks and I say NO!, they will get angry. If I say yes and they break something or crash it, I will be angry. Better them than me. I will not drive any one elses vehicle period, and my NO answer is a firm one. Some folks might think that I am wrong, but such is life. It is not "only a car", it is MY car that I waited from 10/13/08 to 5/20/09 to get.
HDDAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 07:17 AM   #54
Jamie Mac
NCM-WINR

Drives: 2010 SS/RS IOM 2014 2LT Stingray
If my dad were still alive I'd let him drive it. Now you know how he felt when you got your license. Yeah I understand it's your baby as mine is. 19 year old neighbor kid wanted to go for a ride the other night but I'd been relaxing with a few drinks so I offerred to let him drive. I was fine with it since I'd be going along but he chickened out cause as he put it he knew I'd kill him if he wrecked it. I'll take him for a ride this week. Dude it's your dad and he's put up with you all these years...
Old 09-21-2009, 07:33 AM   #55
2010 2-Tone

Drives: 2010 RY 2SS with Custom Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
Wow... yeah, you are seriously way over reacting... As much as I love my car, like you said it is just a car... I wish my Dad was still alive so I could let him drive my car...

Scrming, I am in the same boat. Boy do I miss my parents!!!:(
2010 2-Tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 08:03 AM   #56
Speedfreak

Drives: 1999 30th Anniversary Trans Am

HOLY OVERREACTION