Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 10-23-2012, 03:56 AM   #1
hapisok
crazier than a coconut

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3
Deatschwerk or Racetronix Injectors

looking at injectors for when i decide to go E85...already doing the fuel pump upgrade and going to do an injector upgrade at the same time. don't want them running at 80% the whole time.

http://www.texas-speed.com/p-2352-ra...FY-6zAodpSYAtw

http://weaponspeed.com/fuel-upgrade/...s-65lb-hr.html

additionally, is there "too big of an injector"? when running on regular pump gas and being NA...will these be too big?

thanks

Old 10-23-2012, 05:51 AM   #2
MikeOD

Drives: 2010 M6 2SS
Injector Dynamics

2010 Camaro SS M6. Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust/Suspension
MikeOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 06:42 AM   #3
hapisok
crazier than a coconut

yes, i've heard nothing but great things about the ID 850's, but i'd like to hear about these instead.

thanks for the input though.
Old 10-23-2012, 06:54 AM   #4
IndeedSS1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by hapisok View Post
yes, i've heard nothing but great things about the ID 850's, but i'd like to hear about these instead.

thanks for the input though.
I've used Deatschwerks in the past and they were great to deal with. I had them service one set and bought one set of injectors.

I'd image if you went too big on injectors it could make tuning down low difficult.

She is only memory now.
IndeedSS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 06:58 AM   #5
hapisok
crazier than a coconut

thanks Indeed.

yeah, i was wondering how much it would effect idle and cruising. not going to put out crazy amounts of power...maybe 50's would be sufficient?
Old 10-23-2012, 07:24 AM   #6
IndeedSS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by hapisok View Post
thanks Indeed.

yeah, i was wondering how much it would effect idle and cruising. not going to put out crazy amounts of power...maybe 50's would be sufficient?
Racetronix are good too. I know Paul at PRJ Performance likes their stuff, as I recall. But that was W-Body builds.

She is only memory now.
Old 10-23-2012, 08:25 AM   #7
MikeOD

Drives: 2010 M6 2SS
E85 needs more fuel even at idle, so bigger won't be as hard to tune as they could be with gasoline...also with these newer pcm's and newer injector technology, it's not so bad at all.

Whatever injectors you choose, make sure that the correct calibration data for them is available...it saves hours of headache tuning.

2010 Camaro SS M6. Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust/Suspension
MikeOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:43 AM   #8
Louis @ LG Motorsports

Drives: 2010 SS/RS 2009 CG Z06
Injector Dynamics.
Louis @ LG Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:48 AM   #9
IndeedSS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis @ LG Motorsports View Post
Injector Dynamics.
He knows about those, but was only inquiring about the Ractronics and Deatschwerks.

She is only memory now.
Old 10-23-2012, 10:45 AM   #10
Louis @ LG Motorsports

He probably knows about whataburger and braums, but still eats at McDonalds too then? You can lead a horse to water, but you cant make him drink

As far as too big of an injector, yes. Absolutely, but only on automatic cars.

The Autos use the MAF scale to determine load.

we have a 62lb/hr limitation in the PCM, which forces us to scale the MAF table back, to reduce fuel. This inturn, reduces the "load" that the computer sees, and you run a VERY high risk of burning up or hurting the trans.

Manual trans cars dont care, you can run any size, and scale the MAF anyway you want.
Old 10-23-2012, 11:12 AM   #11
LSX Camaro
Master ASE, GM, LSX Tech.

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
He probably knows about whataburger and braums, but still eats at McDonalds too then? You can lead a horse to water, but you cant make him drink

we have a 62lb/hr limitation in the PCM, which forces us to scale the MAF table back, to reduce fuel. This inturn, reduces the "load" that the computer sees, and you run a VERY high risk of burning up or hurting the trans.

Manual trans cars dont care, you can run any size, and scale the MAF anyway you want.
So would a 65lb Deatsch Werks injector work in a Automatic application? Say for example a 2010 Camaro, auto with a stage 3 cam and bolt ons.
LSX Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 12:00 PM   #12
hapisok
crazier than a coconut

Quote:

not even going to comment... but on a personal note, i despise mcdonalds

there has been all kinds of talk regarding Injector Dynamics and how "awesome" they are. but haven't seen much of anything regarding these other two. so this is why i am asking about the other options out there. i don't want to buy something just because thats what everybody says to buy. unless of course there is a reason(s) as to why.

what are the experiences that people have come across using these companies. as a tuner...have you actually tried to tune these? if so, what were some of the issues you ran into? its one thing to tune when your customers buy what you tell them to (Injector Dymanics) because either you are familiar with it or simply because its easier. but having some comparative data as to WHY you prefer one over the other, which equates to experience working with them is what im asking for.

IndeedSS1...
Old 10-23-2012, 12:20 PM   #13
camaro1

Drives: 550+RWHP 2010 camaro
Quote:

the 5th gen camaro e38 ecm's dont have the 62lb/hr limit they go all the way up to 127lb/hr injectors before any scaling is needed
415ci stroker, TVS 2300 Magnacharger, cnc heads, cam, yank ss3200 converter, Kooks long tubes, Bwoody true cold air kit, ZL1 Pump, magnaflow 3" cat-back, lowering springs,BMR control arms and tie rod bars, 3.73 gears, diff mounts, RX can, ADM fuel controller
camaro1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 12:21 PM   #14
Louis @ LG Motorsports

When you put a new injector in your car, the flow rates, low pulsewidth modulation, linearity all change.

If you just change the one big table in your computer, for injector flow rate, you are missing 5 other tables that MUST change with a new injector.

When you buy a FAST, DW, Or seiments, or what ever injector, they do not provide the necessary offset, min PWs, etc etc data that WE NEED as calibrators.

Injector dynamics does. They give you the data you need, to make the car run correctly.

There is a reason that there has been a mass movement to Injector Dynamics. Yes, its the cool thing to have, and there is a reason, its the cool thing to have.

If your tuner doesnt understand the necessary tables that must be modified with new injectors, then he doesnt need to be tuning. Hes "tooning" not "tuning".

If you bring me a car with an aftermarket set of injectors, and you cannot provide me the data I need to do my job, I wont tune it. Its as simple as that.

Louis