Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Florida

Old 04-28-2019, 01:26 PM   #1
DiverDan53

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LT
Tampa Tuning

Had my 2014 2SS tuned by Phil @ Tampa Tuning this morning. My car never ran this well when it was new. I had long tubes, high flow cats, new mufflers and CAI installed so it was time for a pro tuner. Phil did an amazing job and now my care is �� at it's full potential. Phil takes his time and explains every step. It was fun to watch him do his thing and you can tell he loves what he's doing. For a superior tuning experience Phil's your guy .
This is a list of what Phil did today:
1)This is a run down of what I did to your car:
2)Increased the cooling fan rate and percentage the fans come on
3)I cut down your shift times, and reduced the strategies of Torque Management on the engine and transmission so it doesn't interfere with the Camaros performance
4) The more throttle you apply, the firmer the shift will be.
5) I increased the shift MPH in the M mode by 200 RPMs and let the D mode at stock levels 6000/6200 RPMs
6) Turned off the DoD/ AFM on the transmission side
7) Turned off all the codes related to your modifications
8) Disable or reduced several Torque Management setting on the Engine side that play a role on how the transmission shifts.
9) Reduced the roll of the IAT (Intake Air Temperature) sensor not to remove as much timing in hot Florida driving.
10) Added some idle timing to make idle smoother
11) Added more timing to WOT so the Camaro made more power
12) Disable the DoD/ AFM on the Engine side
13) Removed the delay into Power Enrichment
14) Made the Power Enrichment target 12.5 at Wide Open. I like it a little richer than the internet says to make it, but that's why Ive never blown an engine.
15) Reduced the DFCO to eliminate most of the popping sound when you get off the throttle.
16) Dial in your MAF sensor. When you arrived, you were adding about 6% fuel while cruising, and Wide open was 8 % off. Now its perfect cruising and WOT.
17) We did 7 WOT pulls to give me the data I needed for wide open calibration.
18) Our tuning session was two hours and 15 minutes from start to finish.
19) Backed up all your tunes to two separate external hard drive so it's never lost.

Last edited by DiverDan53; 04-28-2019 at 04:55 PM.
DiverDan53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 09:45 PM   #2
Blown1LE

Drives: 2015 Supercharged Camaro 1LE
I just attempted to get my car dyno tuned on Friday and my tune is jacked
Car wont idle at all when you push the clutch in when coming to a stop
Old 05-29-2019, 03:07 PM   #3
Badmag71

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blown1LE View Post
I just attempted to get my car dyno tuned on Friday and my tune is jacked
Car wont idle at all when you push the clutch in when coming to a stop
Mine was the same way when i bought it. I brought it to 360 customs and its perfect now
Old 05-29-2019, 03:25 PM   #4
Blown1LE

Hoping to find a shop in Orlando that can fix me up

So your idle was doing the same thing ? Makes the car really hard to drive in traffic thats for sure

Last edited by Blown1LE; 05-29-2019 at 03:42 PM.
Blown1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 05:06 PM   #5
SSick1le

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE
I will be doing an LSA conversion on my car soon and have been in contact with a few tuners. Tampa Tuning is one of them. Glad to see you had a good experience there. I’m highly considering going to Phil. Only thing holding me back is that I would like to have dyno numbers as well just to have and he does all street tuning.

Orlando area has hardly any Late model GM tuners. I’ve dealt with NLP in the past but don’t hear much about them anymore.
Old 05-30-2019, 08:40 AM   #6
97ChameleonTA

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Convertible
360 Customs is the place to go! Full dyno tune done perfectly at a very good price.

New times to come with E85

2016 2SS Auto - Hyper Blue Metallic
Roto-Fab CAI
97ChameleonTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 09:46 AM   #7
Blown1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97ChameleonTA View Post
360 Customs is the place to go! Full dyno tune done perfectly at a very good price.
Going to contact them and see what they say about my situation as I have to find someone that knows whats going on this time as the place I went to has left me hanging
Old 06-01-2019, 10:07 AM   #8
ABM Camaro

Drives: 2013 ZL1 A6 Camaro
Tampa Tuning

Me and my friends in the local race clubs only go to Tampa Tuning. Phil's a great guy that's been calibrating the LS series engine since the early 2000's.
He gives all our guys a fair shake about their cars. His prices are fair. All he does is calibrations and his passion shows. If he doesn't think he should work on your car, he'll tell you why.

He's done 1000's of LS series and will spend hours on your car reviewing scans.

He's a fair and honest trained calibrator understands our cars computers.

The key with our club and Phil was his honesty and some shops give you the fluffy sales pitch you want to hear about your car to take your money. He even races with us when he can.
ABM Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote