Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 04-23-2019, 12:33 PM   #29
Nick S

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgizzle View Post
Man I wish I could get my hands on one but the z/28 also uses metal brackets from bumper beam to the splitter so stuff is crazy heavy. Translates downforce right into body.

But man the font wheel sticking out is killing me, I even thought of just having somebody roll the fenders for me but the tire/fender gap will just get worst. Gona have to figure something out.
Really the brackets weigh that much? I'm surprised since there was so much emphasis on making the Z/28 light. I thought there were a few "Z" brackets to connect the splitter to the front frame but I didn't figure they would weigh that much. Is it the actual crash bar it's tied to or the front sub frame that the engine/power steering/ and bottom of the radiator are attached to? I've never seen a diagram of the support structure for the Z/28 to understand where exactly it's tied in at.
Old 04-27-2019, 05:12 PM   #30
Mgizzle

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE 1SS
They bolt up to the bolts that connect the bunper bean to the fornt crush cans, then drop down to the splitter. The splitter sees a lot of force and this way it goes right into the frame not into the fascia just twisting the whole thing. The splitter is a lot bigger and tougher too which it has to be. Check out the below link scroll down and it has pictures of the two brackets per side.

https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=423727
Old 05-22-2019, 05:37 PM   #31
Mgizzle

So bad news that part I bought for mounting brackets doesnt fit a 5th gen SS fascia. So I have no idea what to do since the mounting kit is discontinued. Need to do more research damnit.

It says its a dusk edition kit which I thought only came in SS and 1LE splitter form yet bag for parts says V6 base. Was there a V6 dusk edition?
Old 05-22-2019, 08:22 PM   #32
CamaroDreams76
Tri-County Camaro SWFL

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
So bad news that part I bought for mounting brackets doesnt fit a 5th gen SS fascia. So I have no idea what to do since the mounting kit is discontinued. Need to do more research damnit.

It says its a dusk edition kit which I thought only came in SS and 1LE splitter form yet bag for parts says V6 base. Was there a V6 dusk edition?
Yes there was. I thought the v6 Dusk edition had the SS fascia. Apparently not

I also noticed the HotWheels edition Camaro has the 1LE splitter. I'm assuming theres a difference between the v6 and SS edition too. But something you could search for as well.
Old 12-10-2019, 02:39 AM   #33
ZWA SS
BowtieBelle's SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:

Any further info??
I want to reattach my 1LE splitter but haven’t found a solution. I noticed it said it doesn’t fit a 2010 when I searched to part number you posted previously..
ZWA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 01:20 PM   #34
BAH2SS
Stigs Bahraini Cousin

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS 1LE
I've done this already, i couldn't find the oem rivets so what i did was bought regular rivets and installed washer at the other side of them so the rivet locks in the washer instead of the bumper/splitter it self. it actually feels more secure than the original rivets.
Old 12-15-2019, 11:29 PM   #35
ZWA SS
BowtieBelle's SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
I need the brackets and all.
Did you reattach without brackets?
ZWA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 04:42 AM   #36
BAH2SS
Stigs Bahraini Cousin

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZWA SS View Post
I need the brackets and all.
Did you reattach without brackets?
I used the original bracket which was on the car.
Old 12-19-2019, 07:41 PM   #37
Mgizzle

I hate to say it guys but there is no more 13 1le brackets for the spitter. Fix what you have if possible.
Old 12-20-2019, 06:20 AM   #38
olblue75

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Why couldn’t someone 3D print them?
1LE Front sway bar, Splitter, shocks and struts, Z28 dual mode mufflers, Intake, UCA Bushings, and Toresen 3.91 Diff. 1 piece DSS Drive Shaft, ZL1/C7 Calipers, and 32mm JPSS Rear Bar. ASC race spec splitter and wicker. 6th Gen M017 Wheels. Stainless Works 1 7/8 LTs. DSE and PAFDT Suspension components.
olblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 05:17 PM   #39
Mgizzle

The hardest thing about 3D is the original file lol, unless GM releases the files somebody would have to create them. Also 3d plastics get a bit tricky that thin but nowadays lots of material options.