Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 02-24-2017, 08:08 PM   #1
BIO-HAZARD
INFECTED

Drives: 2011 1LT Synergy Green
BIO-HAZARD'S -- Build -- 2011 1LT SYNERGY GREEN

I always wanted to do a build thread , so Here's my story.

1st is I bought the car for my wife for graduating college . Her dream was to complete school buy a Camaro and drive it on Watkins Glenn race track . Bought the car May 11th 2011 ! Was on the track & our 1st car show on May 21st . We even won our 1st award at the car show I was hooked , After driving it for a while she really didn't like it . We did some more shows and she wanted to keep it all stock. But after seeing other cars we decided to do a few things to the car. Started off small and the more shows I did the more ideas I had. Then it ended up turning it into a show car . I ended up doing the car three times. The last time I wanted to do everything right , after learning a few lessons along the way. So here's a few pics from the beginning along the way and to my final build as BIO-HAZARD is today .

Day one , at the dealership .

Then bringing it home.

Name:  photo.jpg
Views: 1470
Size:  130.5 KB

Name:  Kermit2.jpg
Views: 1268
Size:  185.8 KB

Name:  Kermit7.jpg
Views: 1173
Size:  194.8 KB

Name:  Kermit3.jpg
Views: 1394
Size:  162.0 KB

Name:  Kermit5.jpg
Views: 1186
Size:  158.7 KB
BIO-HAZARD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 08:25 PM   #2
BIO-HAZARD
INFECTED

Added the Borla full cat back exhaust S type . Really nice but wish I would of done a Doug Thorleý set up. 1st lesson learned . .

Name:  DSCN0463.jpg
Views: 1332
Size:  155.9 KB
Old 02-24-2017, 08:36 PM   #3
BIO-HAZARD
INFECTED

2nd time A K&N cold air intake. some engine stuff , painted engine cover & strut tower brace by Lupe and Show Stoppers covers. And painted Hood liner. Emblems from emblems pro .Rear trunk panels I made. Custom seat covers by Cover King .
Name:  DSCN1055.jpg
Views: 1064
Size:  157.1 KB

Name:  DSCN1055 (1).jpg
Views: 1110
Size:  157.1 KB

Name:  DSCN1059.jpg
Views: 1057
Size:  108.5 KB

Name:  DSCN2413.jpg
Views: 1152
Size:  201.9 KB

Name:  DSCN1077.jpg
Views: 1093
Size:  105.5 KB

Name:  DSCN1075.jpg
Views: 1217
Size:  100.3 KB

Name:  DSCN1194.jpg
Views: 1304
Size:  142.3 KB
Old 02-24-2017, 08:54 PM   #4
BIO-HAZARD
INFECTED

Next thing I saw was Hydro dipping . This was going to be the next big thing. Because air brushing was expensive and the wait list were long. Tried it out. Did a few parts . The place I did it from didn't do OEM colors so It came in a little darker than I wanted . But I ran with it for a few years . People liked it . Along the way added a few more things for shows. Strut Tower covers , Show board , and some Zombies .

Name:  DSCN1189.jpg
Views: 1243
Size:  239.3 KB

Name:  DSCN1183.jpg
Views: 1105
Size:  175.8 KB

Name:  DSCN1250 (3).jpg
Views: 1166
Size:  277.7 KB

Name:  DSCN2405-1.jpg
Views: 1186
Size:  242.3 KB
Old 02-24-2017, 09:03 PM   #5
BIO-HAZARD
INFECTED

The next big thing was ground effects . I went with ACS Composite . Front Spliter & Rocker panels . One of the best things I did. The Finnished it out with the rear fender flares..

Name:  SAM_0297_zpsc8696141.jpg
Views: 1056
Size:  80.1 KB

Name:  20150319_142404.jpg
Views: 1185
Size:  215.4 KB

Name:  20150319_142453.jpg
Views: 1283
Size:  242.6 KB

Name:  20150319_142428.jpg
Views: 1180
Size:  243.8 KB
Old 02-24-2017, 09:04 PM   #6
BIO-HAZARD
INFECTED

Now on to the final build as BIO-HAZARD is today .

This is how It should of been from the start , but you learn alot along the way . And you get better in time.

Here's the start list, for the build.

Bio-Hazard is sleeping for the winter . Striped down and getting a new look .

Interior is getting painted

Engine bay and trunk parts are getting new Hydro Dipping patterns

New Led lights on the way ,

Already got new stuff in ,

GTS Black out Head light covers
GTS Black out Fog Light covers
GTS Black out Tail light covers
GTS Black rear Window wing

Zl1 Spoiler -Painted Satin Black

CAI- Ind. Black Cold air intake

Lloyds Custom Mats Front Black Green Camaro lettering & Green Pipping
Lloyds Custom Mats Rear Black Green Camaro lettering & Green Pipping
Lloyds Custom Trunk Mat Black Green Camaro lettering & Green Pipping

Center Console getting painted Gloss Black with Green stripes
4 gauge Pack -
Long trim panels
shifter bezel
Sifter
Arm rest
Rear Console cover
Side Seat covers

Speedometer bezel & Steering Wheel Bezels Painted Synergy Green

Hydro Dipping being done with 2# new designs ..

Engine Cover
Full upper front shroud
Radiator shroud
Fuse Box cover
Strut Tower Brace
Trunk Drain covers
Rear trunk Panel

Trunk Liner Painted & Hydro dipped

Hood Liner -- Air Brushed new design Or hydro dipped . ? Still in the works

Led lighting -New

Engine -Bay
Grill
Interior
Under Body

Tail Light Bezels - Painted Satin Black

Camaro Lettering ( Fenders ) Painted Satin Black

ACS Radio Bezel - Painted Synergy green with Black trim

New Caliper Covers - Painted Synergy green with Black Camaro lettering

Wheels- Status Fantasy 20 x 8.5 Squared ,
General G Max As 03 245/45ZR20 Tires

Wheels inserts getting painted Synergy green
Center Caps , Painted Gloss Black with Synergy Green Bio Hazard symbol in the center
Allen screws -out side of wheels - Painted Gloss Black

Last edited by BIO-HAZARD; 02-24-2017 at 09:27 PM.
Old 02-24-2017, 09:05 PM   #7
BIO-HAZARD
INFECTED

So I'm going to add pics of new stuff coming in along the way and try to time line the build . as it's already been done for over a year .

Some Pics ...

Here's the new Painted Center Console by Lupe . Killer looking ...

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 960x720.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 960x720.

Last edited by BIO-HAZARD; 02-26-2017 at 10:34 AM.
Old 02-24-2017, 09:06 PM   #8
BIO-HAZARD
INFECTED

Bio-Hazard has done pretty good for the last 4 summers at car shows , But I really felt it was time for a major change , I wanted to go back and do some things better than last time . This time it will be done right the 1st time . LOL.

I really want a whole new look and reached to the sky for this , been putting it off to long .

I posted pics of the center console I had all custom painted . It looks so amazing .

Here's a couple of pics of the new designs for the Hydro dipping getting done . They look KILLER . I can wait to get it all together in April 2015 .

Tell me what you guys think ?

I hate Winter ...

This is the Infected pattern .. Engine Cover

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1300x975.
This is the Apocalypse design , Zombie heads
This Looks so creepy .
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 900x1200.

Just got some new pics of the Hydro Dipped parts in . These look so killer . BIO-HAZARD is going to look sick when its done .I can't wait to I get it all together . So whats everyone think ? LMK ....

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1300x975.

Last edited by BIO-HAZARD; 02-26-2017 at 10:36 AM.
Old 02-24-2017, 09:07 PM   #9
BIO-HAZARD
INFECTED

Finally just got done ordering my new lights for the car.

Diode Dynamics set up for the engine bay,
6# strips of RGB SMD 5050
2#strips for the grill
controller

Underbody from LEDGlow
went with solid Green for this.

I'll take the six LEDGlow strips from the engine bay and move them to the interior.

Then move the scanner bar to the trunk

Still have 2 strobe lights to figure out what to do with.
should light up like a xmas tree when I'm done....

Finally found a green & black Air filter cover wrap. This will fit the CAI Ind. Filters, a little pricey had to custom order to get it with out a makers logo on it. Should look sharp with the new lights in the intake...

Another thing I have been going crazy looking for is a Air Filter wrap in green . Finally found one . Here's what it looks like . But I had to custom order it because I didn't want the makers Logo on it . I will silk screen a Bio Hazard Symbol on it and Have lights in the CAI intake box . Should look pretty cool .

Last edited by BIO-HAZARD; 02-26-2017 at 10:39 AM.
Old 02-24-2017, 09:08 PM   #10
BIO-HAZARD
INFECTED

Here's some new pics of the inside trunk panel hydro dipped..

Last edited by BIO-HAZARD; 02-26-2017 at 10:40 AM.
Old 02-26-2017, 10:41 AM   #11
BIO-HAZARD
INFECTED

New Wheels to bring in the New Year ? What do you guys think ? Staus Fantasy Wheels 20 by 8.5 with General G Max tires 245/4520 on all fours.

Old 02-26-2017, 10:46 AM   #12
BIO-HAZARD
INFECTED

Just got from talking to my airbrushing guy, he's doing my Hood Liner from ACS Composite. We went over the pics & ideas and colors that will be used. Turned out for a good meeting. I think what I have planed will be very cool. And stay with my Bio Hazard & zombie theme. He is finishing up a motorcycle now & will start on it Feb. 1st.. Wish me luck...

I got some of my parts I had Hydro dipped yesterday . All I can say these are so bad azz in person . Pictures on the computer are one thing , but when you have them in your hands holding them and looking at the detail is another . I am like a kid in a candy store . I wish winter was over so I could put the car all back together .

Here's the new light set up I got coming tomorrow. I did have the Green single color set up , but had to return due to the other light set up I'm putting in the engine bay . I was going to also install in the grill , but there was no chase patten so I had to find a set up that would have Grill light . So I chose this one . Led Glow it will have the underbody light and 2 # 24 inch grill lights , one facing up & 1 facing down . Check out the video . I will not be adding the wheel lights. though . This set up will have 394 # LEDS under the car and 72 # LEDS in the grill. I really hope it looks good . It will be here in the morning . Can't wait to set it up and test it out .. Wish me luck ...

Okay I got my new lights all in today. A big thanks to Diode Dynamics for there get customer service. I had a few issues and they took care of everything. I ended up with 8 strips of RGB strips for the engine bay. Hooked them all up and played with them for a couple of hours, these lights are super bright and look really nice. The strips are really thin and will be easy to flush mount and are really flex able. The best thing is you can daisy chain them together , one strip plugs into another . So less cables to run back to the controler.

Next set I got is from LED GLOW it's the one above I posted. 3 million advanced
. This set has the under body tubes 1 in front 1 on ea. Side and one in back. Plus I added 2, 24 inch grill lights , 1 for upper grill and 1 for the lower grill . Total leds Underbody is 394 and 72 leds for the grills.

I hooked this up tonight and played with it for hours. Really hours . It's so fun to watch, but I still have to learn the controler it has so many functios. But the best thing on this setup is adding the grill lights in. So when you do a chase pattern the grill lights are in it also. These conect using USB cables . These lights are super Brite and crazy to watch. Another thing is you can add as many tubes as you want. No limit. I really can't wait to get these on the car..Hurry up spring...lol

Next thing on the list is getting new Wheels & Tries..

Got my Air Cleaner cover embroided with the Bio Hazard Symbol the other day. Turned out great.

Old 02-26-2017, 10:48 AM   #13
BIO-HAZARD
INFECTED

Going to make a couple of custom items.
1st Engine cover center piece. Black circle with Bio Hazard badge ,going to paint it Synergy Green.

Trunk Panel release lever, going to paint it black & paint the Bio Hazard Symbol Synergy Green .

What do you guys think ?

Old 02-26-2017, 10:49 AM   #14
BIO-HAZARD
INFECTED

Finally got my Show Board display figured out today, I started from scratch and made two new ones. Ordered a new display stand , so now I will have a display on both sides of the car for shows, by each front wheel. I think it will look pretty good. I see a lot of people read these & ask questions . I also display my dash plaques from car shows , I see a lot of people looking at these also. Here's a old pic of my show board , keeping the same format just adding & changing info displayed.