Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 12:32 AM   #253
VTXrider

Drives: 2010 RY 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by munkee drummer View Post
Woah Woah Woah!!!!!! Mr. Lutz. With all due respect if I wanted "Premium" pricing I can get that from my local BMW dealer. Not to mention a better warranty than GM offers. Better service at the dealers, better reliability and a better interior than what GM has currently on the market. Look if I'm gonna pay a premium price I'll get something that will hold its value better over time. So far we know nothing about the interior and not much about the motors and even less about the pricing. The best way for GM to screw this up is to price it out of the ordinary Joe's pocket book. This is what makes GM, not a couple of people that are willing to pay thru the snout for "premium" pricing. 100k cars by the end of next year???? At those prices try 25k total. Mustang GT here I come!
I think the key here is you know nothing about the pricing, nothing about the engine, and nothing about the interior, Why the **** are all of you going crazy about this. He did not say this is going to be priced as a premium car like BMW at 40 grand for middle model v6 he said it has a higher level suspension suspension and interior and would not be the same price. He did not say it is going to be 40 grand for a v8 he said more than the 26,080 on fords website for the mustang GT. he said that it will have a higher standard interior, therefore any logical person could assume that if you put a couple of options on a GT it would be the same price as the Base camaro. I highly doubt as someone else said that this difference will be seat warmers and a 500 color display, he is copmaring to the current mustang because he does not know what the next one is. He said 400 horses will cost more than 300 get a grip

Last edited by VTXrider; 03-20-2008 at 01:03 AM.
Old 03-20-2008, 12:34 AM   #254
Scotsman
Auto Pilot

Drives: Gunmetal
I've had more than enough of this for one day. Hopefully tomorrow this thread will have been edited and trim down of the garbage that's made its' way in throughout the course of the day. You guys have got to mellow out.
Old 03-20-2008, 12:36 AM   #255
Sterling

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS M6
I really don't care if they put in a 4 banger or not, because I have chosen to buy a V8. If they DO produce a 4 banger, it will still be the awesome car that we have all fallen in love with. This car has amazing styling! This car will be a QUALITY product. The competition will not be on the same level no matter what the Camaro has for a power plant. I plan on owning this Camaro for a VERY long time and regardless of the options we are presented with when it finally comes on the market. I will have the car I have always wanted.
Old 03-20-2008, 12:38 AM   #256
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Here. I can't expect anybody to read that long-a$$ post I made...
but at the VERY least - Read this. And then apologize for freaking out! j/k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbodfather View Post
CALM DOWN..........................

Until you've been inundated with the media (which isn't a bad thing....) you can't understand what happens during an 'interview'

.......a lot of what was said today was taken out of context.

We aren't completely stupid....the new Camaro MUST be priced competitively............

A premium could be as little as $50..................

4 cylinder?

Well........here's an interesting fact: The Federal government passed a LAW...but they have NOT written the rules...........so we know that we have to hit 35mpg as an average by 2020.........BUT --- no one knows the route -- or what the rules are...........

You can BET that EVERYONE in the industry is looking at alternative powertrains..........

Meanwhile........the 4 cylinder isn't in the 'official' plan at this point in time....so CALM DOWN....................
I have to say it. I haven't said it...ever. but I gotta!

Told you so.
Old 03-20-2008, 12:40 AM   #257
CaptianSam
Car Garage

Drives: 350z,A4,SRT8...see sig
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTXrider View Post
I think the key here is you know nothing about the pricing, nothing about the engine, and nothing about the interior, Why the **** are all of you going crazy about this. He did not say this is going to be priced as a premium car like BMW at 40 grand for middle model v6 he said it has a higher level suspension suspension and interior and would not be the same price. He did not say it is going to be 40 grand for a v8 he said more than the 26,080 on fords website or whatever the mustang GT is. he said that it will have a higher standard interior, therefore any logical person could assume that if you put a couple of options on a GT it would be the same price as the Base camaro. I highly doubt as someone else said that this difference will be seat warmers and a 500 color display, he is copmaring to the current mustang because he does not know what the next one is. He said 400 horses will cost more than 300 get a grip
hit the f'in nail very nice

i also read in a interview ... (sad now that im thinking about it) it was rather recent but since the 2020 rule .... the kappas have zero chance of making it.... damn i forget the detials

On My Ipad
Xbox McLovin1515
Ps3 McLovin1555
Current Autos:68z28,03viperSRT10,04escalade,05RangeRoverSport SC
Project Autos:80corvette350-500hp 6speed,06charger S'C 6-speed posi,74Firebird400blue,69chevelle572 707
New Autos:2012CamaroSSRS,09ChallengerSRT8
Past Autos:....too many to list

"i told you it was gettin' an LS3"
Go down deep enough into anything and you will find mathematics. Dean Schlicter
B.Sc. Hons. Mathematics
Old 03-20-2008, 12:42 AM   #258
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post

You know...Hyundai is not nearly the same company as GM, GM's produces many more trucks, and they don't get the happy tax breaks our foriegn neighbors get (but that's for another time)...and GM's doing much more than Ford in the fuel economy dept. (also, you don't know that Ford's V8s will be 'affordable', nor do you know that GM's won't be.
To me, it doesn't matter that Hyundai is in a different position than GM is. What matters is that Hyundai is making a really affordable RWD coupe with OVER 300 horsepower, while the Camaro is getting its V6 horribly detuned (260 hp? Are you kidding me? That's what the non-DI V6 in the Malibu gets. Even the Traverse has more power than that) and gets premium pricing. If the word "premium" was a slip-up, then that's a bad slip up, because it is a very loaded word. When I hear premium I think BMW, and if I'm paying BMW prices then I'm getting a BMW darn it. So far Ford hasn't announced any huge price hikes for its V8s, so for now I'm going with the information I have. And GM may not have said the V8s will be insanely expensive, but given the tone of all this it is obvious they want as few people as possible taking the V8. So to do that they either have to really jack up the price or limit supply (so the dealer jacks up the price instead).

Quote:
hmmmm....Not really sure what to say - 'cause a single car ain't gonna end GM's comeback - especially not a car as bada$$ as this. So it's got a tamer, happier side....so what???
What I'm saying is GM was showing signs of not giving into the temptation to make excuses and water things down. The Camaro was one of the few GM projects to be relatively unaffected (read: not canceled) by the CAFE changes, but now it seems (using my logic from above) that it will be reduced to a heavier, more expensive Cobalt SS with a V8 version tacked on for the Uber-rich.

Quote:
The first sentance was good. Excellent point, and the first half of the second sentance...that's a good plan. The rest....All I can think of to say to people in your predicament is "Sorry". They never indended to please everyone. And, yet...I still don't see how adding an I4 to the lineup is going to ruin the Camaro world for you....

I understand. And I see where you're coming from. Just the fact that you say "I'm waiting until everything is officially revealed in whole before making my decision" is enough for me to pass off the rest of what you typed up as ranting/thinking out loud. That's what the boards are here for, after all.
I'm just writing in the hopes that someone from GM reads and understands that the market for the Camaro isn't as simple as "poor and wants maximum gas mileage" or "rich and doesn't care about gas mileage". I plan on living as close as possible to work (benefit of working for a company with locations near some of the more affordable (for California) areas) so gas mileage doesn't matter much to me, but I won't be making much either, so the price of the car does matter.
Old 03-20-2008, 12:44 AM   #259
MCPOAJ

Drives: LS2 FD RX7
Well no offense dragoneye wth is the point of having the "all mighty" ls3 if it's gonna have 400hp??
Old 03-20-2008, 12:46 AM   #260
VTXrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by munkee drummer View Post
WTF seriously? What does it mean then???? Premium gas= more expensive than regular. Premium cigars= more expensive than regular cigars. Come on, premium always means more expensive! I'm telling them i WILL NOT spend over 32k for a fully loaded v8. Not counting the SS or the vert, as I understand they may reach 35k. If thats not where they are then I will look elsewhere, as I see many others will too.
Just went to ford website priced a fully loaded 300 hp GT it was over 35 so you want 400hp camaro fully loaded for less?

good luck, get real if you want fully loaded it will not be free. If it is close to 40 you will have every right complain until then reality check. if you want the same price as the current GT the V6 will probably have similar hp I don't buy what some dumb ass reporter is saying Bob told him off to the side. the DI V6 out of the CTS will not have 260 hp
Old 03-20-2008, 12:49 AM   #261
CaptianSam
Car Garage

ok couple points here MPOAJ makes a good one... and second IT ISSSS clearly evident time and time and interview and interview...bob lutz and ppl... saying.... back then you needed a v8 but now you dont... blah blah you dont need a v8... it is evident they want people to buy v6's or stay away from the v8's... this may be because of the new rule by 2020... i saw it on the news today milage of ALL cars sold needs to be 2020 so if they sell less v8's and more v6's they get a better global rating of something i dont know lolol

"We are not going to try and match the Mustang on price." Bob Lutz

On My Ipad
Xbox McLovin1515
Ps3 McLovin1555
Project Autos:80corvette350-500hp 6speed,06charger S'C 6-speed posi,74Firebird400blue,69chevelle572 707

B.Sc. Hons. Mathematics
Old 03-20-2008, 01:07 AM   #262
Fandango
(In Z/28 Therapy)

Drives: 2014 SS Camaro (Sookie)
Send a message via AIM to Fandango
In all seriousness. The fact is we just have speculation. Some of us have commited on pure faith, such as I. Other can't make up their mind. Most just want to get their hands on it. Money is the issue here. We just won't know for a while. I was checking to see how many more Concepts are going to be shown at auto shows. There are not many left. We should know more soon I guess. This post has just got us all worried. Some thining will their be enugh? Can I aford it. Will I get what I want. We've just been waiting too long. Agreed? We are just so pinned up with anticipaition and headlights. It's getting to us.

Tran Sorry for the whoring. Truce?
Old 03-20-2008, 01:14 AM   #263
VTXrider

I can't believe I just read most of this thread, some of you are ridiculous. I have not changed my thoughts one bit about the camaro but I have changed my thought about this board.
Old 03-20-2008, 01:14 AM   #264
Emu the Foo

Drives: 92 Cadillac Sedan DeVille S/C
Send a message via AIM to Emu the Foo Send a message via Yahoo to Emu the Foo
well, on the plus side it would be cheaper on insurance. JK JK JK JK JK. yeah get a cobalt then cause that would be even cheaper on insurance
Old 03-20-2008, 01:15 AM   #265
LS9CamaroSS

Drives: Cavalier RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTXrider View Post
I can't believe I just read most of this thread, some of you are ridiculous. I have not changed my thoughts one bit about the camaro but I have changed my thought about this board.
agreed...:(
Old 03-20-2008, 01:21 AM   #266
CaptianSam
Car Garage

i love this site... its amazing what one word premuim... can stir up... Mr. lutz if you can hear me please explain...
i put camaro5.com as my backround so when i go to class and sit in the front of calc lectures... everybody knows im getting one lol

On My Ipad
Xbox McLovin1515
Ps3 McLovin1555

B.Sc. Hons. Mathematics

Closed Thread