Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Members Classifieds - Parts for sale or wanted > Pay It Forward and Free Give Aways

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 04:03 PM   #15
UNRIVALED SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Send a message via Yahoo to UNRIVALED SS
This has my support !
Old 01-28-2013, 05:17 PM   #16
hysonmb

Drives: 2010 2SS / RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse6.2 View Post
Hey guys, this is a promotion from FastRaceCars. I don't think it has any connection to AMSOIL so there shouldn't be any confusion. He is the one offering the free AMSOIL, not AMSOIL Inc.
I have no issue with that. It's a good way to get some pics for the site while offering a benefit to those who support it.
Old 01-30-2013, 06:23 PM   #17
jonpro2000
Lethal Smoke

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastRaceCars View Post
Hey Guys, this offer is open to everyone and is virtually unlimited. I'm trying to promote my site www.fastracecars.com. All you have to do to get free AMSOIL is upload some car pictures that meet the following guidelines:
  • Images should be approximately 1280 x 960 or higher resolution (original images preferred)
  • Image file type should be .jpg (JPEG)
  • No watermarks
  • Image file size at minimum recommended resolution should typically be at least 200KB or larger
  • No Copyrighted images will be accepted (please do not steal and submit other people's work)
Each approved picture currently earns $2 towards the purchase of AMSOIL at my AMSOIL dealer website. 50 pics = $100 of free oil/filters/etc.

whats the email i should send pictures too?
Old 01-30-2013, 06:54 PM   #18
FastRaceCars
Drag Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonpro2000 View Post
whats the email i should send pictures too?
Just go to the site and click on the link at the top thats says 'Upload'. From there, you can browse your computer and select the images you want to upload.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:14 PM   #19
jonpro2000
Lethal Smoke

Quote:
Just go to the site and click on the link at the top thats says 'Upload'. From there, you can browse your computer and select the images you want to upload.
sweet thanks ill do that shortly!
Old 01-31-2013, 09:15 AM   #20
jonpro2000
Lethal Smoke

Hey i just submitted my photos i clicked upload but they all disapered so im not sure if they uploaded?
Old 01-31-2013, 10:09 AM   #21
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS RS LS3
You will get an email letting you know if they were accepted or not.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:59 AM   #22
newb

Drives: 2013 1LE
For the sake of information sharing and helping people make an informed decision...

Disclaimer: I am by no means trying to discourage anyone from participating. That is not my intent.

Be advised that by submitting your photos for payment with no copyright or watermark you are transferring ownership and all legal rights to that photo to the website. That site then has the right to do whatever they want with said photos. This is different from "sharing" photos in a forum or facebook in that you have given that site limited use rights to your photo when you share it.

Just know that if the photo gallery deal doesn't work as planned (i.e. fails to make money for the host) he has the right to use all uploaded photos as he sees fit since he legally purchased the photos and all legal rights to them from you. If he goes on to make billions using a shot of your car (far fetched and completely unlikely but for the sake of arguement lets pretend for a moment) you have zero legal recourse to get any of the money. Much like selling a painting at a yard sale for $2 that turns out to be priceless.
It's a Dingledarm. It's there to dampen side fumbling. If your marzelvanes fumble too much they can cause total protonic reversal. It gets ugly from there. This is really the biggest problem with the new Camaro. That and the tri-pronged blivot.

Delivered 21 Jan 2013

Old 01-31-2013, 07:55 PM   #23
FastRaceCars
Drag Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
For the sake of information sharing and helping people make an informed decision...

Disclaimer: I am by no means trying to discourage anyone from participating. That is not my intent.

Be advised that by submitting your photos for payment with no copyright or watermark you are transferring ownership and all legal rights to that photo to the website. That site then has the right to do whatever they want with said photos. This is different from "sharing" photos in a forum or facebook in that you have given that site limited use rights to your photo when you share it.

Just know that if the photo gallery deal doesn't work as planned (i.e. fails to make money for the host) he has the right to use all uploaded photos as he sees fit since he legally purchased the photos and all legal rights to them from you. If he goes on to make billions using a shot of your car (far fetched and completely unlikely but for the sake of arguement lets pretend for a moment) you have zero legal recourse to get any of the money. Much like selling a painting at a yard sale for $2 that turns out to be priceless.

Thanks for posting this. The person who owns/uploaded the pictures can use them as they see fit and upload to as many sites as they want. That being said, I do reserve the right to use the pictures as I see fit also.

There are other royalty-based photo sharing sites for photographers where you have to agree to not publish the picture anywhere else, etc. However, my site is not one of them, and I do not sell the pictures. They are resized, watermarked with the website name, and displayed on the site for others to enjoy.

The site makes money from people clicking on the google ads just like millions of other sites out there. What seperates my site from others is that I'm giving back most of it to the community that makes the site grow (i.e. anyone that uploads pictures).

Advertisers spend billions of dollars per year, and popular sites like Facebook, etc. cash in on this without giving any of it back to the people that make them wealthy. I've never been able to find any popular website that shares their success in a meaningful way with the people/users that made them successful. Even the sites that do share a little bit think they are doing you a favor by giving you a tiny percentage of what your "content" ultimately earns them and that really frustrates me.

If anyone thinks their pictures are worth lots of money, I'd highly recommend not uploading them to any website. Otherwise, uploading them to my website is the best deal on the internet that I know of by a long shot. In December, $109.98 was paid out in profit sharing across roughly 1,250 pictures. Each picture on the site was worth roughly 11.3 cents that month. If you had 9-10 or more pictures on the site (under 1 email address), you would have received a payment. Hope this helps.

If anyone still has questions, please feel free to ask here. I will do my best to answer anything I can.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:04 PM   #24
newb

Drives: 2013 1LE
Quote:
Thanks for posting this. The person who owns/uploaded the pictures can use them as they see fit and upload to as many sites as they want. That being said, I do reserve the right to use the pictures as I see fit also.

There are other royalty-based photo sharing sites for photographers where you have to agree to not publish the picture anywhere else, etc. However, my site is not one of them, and I do not sell the pictures. They are resized, watermarked with the website name, and displayed on the site for others to enjoy.

The site makes money from people clicking on the google ads just like millions of other sites out there. What seperates my site from others is that I'm giving back most of it to the community that makes the site grow (i.e. anyone that uploads pictures).

Advertisers spend billions of dollars per year, and popular sites like Facebook, etc. cash in on this without giving any of it back to the people that make them wealthy. I've never been able to find any popular website that shares their success in a meaningful way with the people/users that made them successful. Even the sites that do share a little bit think they are doing you a favor by giving you a tiny percentage of what your "content" ultimately earns them and that really frustrates me.

If anyone thinks their pictures are worth lots of money, I'd highly recommend not uploading them to any website. Otherwise, uploading them to my website is the best deal on the internet that I know of by a long shot. In December, $109.98 was paid out in profit sharing across roughly 1,250 pictures. Each picture on the site was worth roughly 11.3 cents that month. If you had 9-10 or more pictures on the site (under 1 email address), you would have received a payment. Hope this helps.

If anyone still has questions, please feel free to ask here. I will do my best to answer anything I can.
Thank you for not being offended. In reality my post helps you as well as anyone who uploads. Information can prevent a lot of hassle later for all involved.
It's a Dingledarm. It's there to dampen side fumbling. If your marzelvanes fumble too much they can cause total protonic reversal. It gets ugly from there. This is really the biggest problem with the new Camaro. That and the tri-pronged blivot.

Delivered 21 Jan 2013

Old 01-31-2013, 08:13 PM   #25
FastRaceCars
Drag Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonpro2000 View Post
Hey i just submitted my photos i clicked upload but they all disapered so im not sure if they uploaded?
Hi, yes they did upload successfully. However, they did not meet the minimum requirements outlined at the top of this thread (resolution was too low and/or they had watermarks). The pictures themselves were fine otherwise. Can you get more pictures with a little higher resolution and no watermarks?

Closed Thread