Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 04-19-2013, 04:14 PM   #127
Ryanbabz71

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE
Very nice. Ashen gray is the best color

Ryan
Ryanbabz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:04 PM   #128
Deke736
COTW 12/3/12

Drives: 2012 Ashen Gray ZL1
So, this past weekend started off well enough, ended in heartbreak for me. Saturday, I participated in an all day rally/ cruise in support of a fallen state trooper in my area. The day was beautiful and the cruise was a lot of fun. Here is a pic of a few of our members that were in attendance:

Near the end of the cruise, I got a text from my wife telling me that our Bassett hound, Daisy (who has been dealing with severe arthritis), had not eaten all day and was not looking well. She also has had trouble walking.

When I got home I took her outside and tried to get her to eat, but she wanted none of it- which was totally unlike her. I sent a text to my sister that works as vet tech about her problems and got some advice.

Fast forward to Sunday afternoon, I had spent the morning working on my latest mod and planning to go to a car display in the afternoon. As we were preparing to leave I had spent a little more time with Daisy and felt that something wasn't right. I called my sister again and she suggested taking her to the ER where her regular vet happened to be working. At this point I turned into a giant bawling baby worried about my best friend. Signs were not looking good for her but they felt there was a chance for her improve with aggressive care. We left her there for medication and observation overnight.

Needing to get out of the house for some fresh air, we took a spin in the Camaro. I made a quick pit stop at Walgreens with my wife waiting in the car while I ran inside. About 2 minutes later I get a frantic call from my wife telling me to get out to the car ASAP! Fearing the worst news about my dog, I find out that a guy has just backed into my car!!! This was not the day I needed to deal with this! My wife had jumped out of the car and just about lost it on the guy. Obviously our stress level was off the charts.

Luckily, the damage wasn't bad but it will require a small dent to be removed and reprint of the rear quarter panel and bumper. My AAC side markers didn't seem to get damaged.

Here is a pic:

Now for the worst news of the day. While we were waiting for the police to come and take a report, my vet calls with news. We have to call her back. We find out that blood tests revealed pancreatitis, extremely elevated white blood cell counts, and severe infection. The diagnosis wasn't good- most likely cancer. Rapid onset, and she had signs throughout her body. This is on top of her not walking. I'm devastated. We rush back to the clinic to see our sweet girl. After taking with the doc, we make the hardest decision we've ever had to make and decide that our beloved Daisy needed to be let free from her pain.

We spent about 30 minutes with her saying goodbye and at around 9pm on 4/21/13 she left us for a better place.

Sorry that this post is wayyy off topic, but I needed to share. Days like yesterday are reminders that there is more to life than a car. I love my car, but my family comes first. For my wife and I our dogs are our family. I had Daisy for 9 of her 12 years and know that she was meant to be with me from the first second we met. I wanted this post to be a tribute to my beloved pet and my best friend Daisy. Thanks for stopping by. Here are two pictures that I want to share that capture Daisy's spirit best:

If you made it this far in the post, I appreciate you reading through the end. Thanks again for reading.
Old 04-22-2013, 09:12 PM   #129
Modern07
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Drives: 2019 ZL1 on Order
I'm really sorry for your loss - horrible having to say goodbye like that - I know as I've been there :(

Try to keep your spirits high no matter how hard it seems
Old 04-23-2013, 01:09 AM   #130
pierre777
HT5 COTW 9/3/2012

Drives: Cyber Bullet
Send a message via Skype™ to pierre777
sorry for your loss bro
Old 04-27-2013, 04:15 PM   #131
Deke736
COTW 12/3/12

Deke736's AGM ZL1 Journal [COTW 12/3/12]

So, I started a thread with these photos over in the Photos subforum, but since this is my build thread I needed to posted them here as well. For a little history, I have a coworker that is a photography enthusiast and a few weeks ago he asked me if he could do a photoshoot of my car for his portfolio. He had never shot a car before, and I have never had a photoshoot done before so I figured it would be fun. We spent about 4 hours at 4 different locations around the St. Louis riverfront getting shots of the car, and I am very pleased with the outcome.

Here are a few of my favorites!

Ok, to be honest, there are more than a few here, but there were so many great shots I wanted to share a bunch of them. I hope you enjoy them.

Last edited by Deke736; 04-29-2013 at 09:38 AM.
Deke736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 11:58 PM   #132
Deke736
COTW 12/3/12

Just finished my latest mod and I am pretty happy with the results. The installation of the scanners were a PITA, but they turned out exactly as I hoped. Here is a quick video:

They are the dual RGB LED scanners V2.0 from AAC. I tinted them with matte finish vinyl film to screen the view of the LED's and to diffuse some of the light. It worked for both. I custom made aluminum brackets painted black to recess the scanners behind the grill to hide them from view as well. The colors also matched the JDP halos perfectly (which aren't included in this video), which worked out nicely.

I hadn't seen any similar setup done like this before, so I'm interested in your opinions.
Old 05-02-2013, 03:50 PM   #133
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]

Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS For Sale
Well, I hadnt looked at your thread in a while and you were successful in making me cry, sorry to hear about Daisy my friend.

Your car is amazing as usual.
Old 05-02-2013, 04:18 PM   #134
Deke736
COTW 12/3/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by vroomapunk View Post
Well, I hadnt looked at your thread in a while and you were successful in making me cry, sorry to hear about Daisy my friend.

Your car is amazing as usual.
Thanks. It means a lot to get so much support for the loss of our beloved Daisy. The outpouring from friends and family, those that are close to us and friends that I have never met, mean so much to me. It has certainly helped my wife and I get through. I appreciate the kind words, friend.
Old 05-02-2013, 04:23 PM   #135
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Drives: Sold - Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
car looks amazing
Old 05-02-2013, 05:43 PM   #136
Baylor16

Drives: 06' 350z 6M, Future: 13' VR 1le 6M
Car is amazing man, sorry to hear about Daisy :( We had to put my best friend down a few years ago and it was the hardest thing iv ever had to do. I feel for ya.
Baylor16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:15 PM   #137
Iroc-ZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 #505
Simply amazing deke!!
Iroc-ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:59 PM   #138
charlietuna

Drives: 2013 ZL1
my condolences to you I know how hard it can be to loose a beloved pet.

the car is amazing you need to bring that Z up to Chicago or tell me if you are going to a show close by so I can check it out.
Old 05-03-2013, 11:01 AM   #139
Modern07
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Drives: 2019 ZL1 on Order
Hey - I have a question - where did you get the trunk lid mat made with your number etc?

It's awesome!
Old 05-03-2013, 11:14 AM   #140
MackMan
Camaro CRAZY

Drives: 2019 OC 1SS/1LE
Sorry about your loss man. Animals become part of the family and it is just as hard to lose a pet as it is a family member or friend. She's in a better place without pain, that's the best thing.

On a side note, your car is so damn sexy! hah. Love the red grill lights and I can't wait to see what the new NightOwl kit will be doing with your car. I'm a fan of everything you've done so far. Very tasteful and unique. Well done!
MackMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
218, agm zl1, deke, deke736