Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 04-06-2016, 09:50 PM   #1
KiloRomeo

Drives: YES
1LE on BC Coilovers

Thanks to Jim at Ohio Speed for the great sale price and fast delivery on the BC coilovers. I installed them good Friday weekend and didn't encounter anything out of the norm. I used these links as guidelines.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=166607

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=325803

I then took it JPSS to look over the installation, set the correct ride height and of course alignment. Pete had a 14' 1LE that had a bit more than bolt ons. Overall, I'm extremely pleased as to how the car turned out. I'm still messing with the BC settings to find what I like. The Alignment that Pete had done to the car, made huge improvement over stock. The suspension is still stock apart from the coilovers, radius arm bushing insert and extended range camber caster bolts. The car is MUCH more fun to drive, feels nimble and dare I say light!

Feel free to ask any questions.
Attached Images

KiloRomeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 10:49 PM   #2
Jayjellyfish212

Drives: 2014 1LE
So was this a good weight reduction also?
Jayjellyfish212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 10:51 PM   #3
Dyk-NO
Trust me I'm a Scientist.

Drives: My wifey ;P
any more pics from the side? rears looks high?

Mods: RotoFab CAI, SW Headers, HiFlo Cats, Borla Atak Catback, Nightfury Cam, Ported Heads,Intake,TB, melling pump, Morosso Oil Separator.
Dyk-NO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 11:00 PM   #4
KiloRomeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayjellyfish212 View Post
So was this a good weight reduction also?
To be honest, I didn't do it for the weight reduction. But according to another thread the coilovers are much lighter than the factory's.
Old 04-06-2016, 11:06 PM   #5
KiloRomeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyk-NO View Post
any more pics from the side? rears looks high?
Yes the car currently has a slight rake to it. It does sit a bit higher in the rear. I'm probably going to lower it to match the front once I have to lower the rear to install the fuel system.
Attached Images

Old 04-07-2016, 03:54 AM   #6
mrebusa

Drives: 14' 2SS 1LE
Looks good, had the chance to hit any roads with them yet? Interested to see how they feel compared to factory setup.

Soon:
mrebusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 10:58 AM   #7
ilir14

Drives: Camaro ss 1le
Not trying to hijack this thread but i had these in my 2011 camaro ss and for the stance they looks good but as far as a ride quality not so good i had them for about 10k miles before they started to leak thats just my experience with them
ilir14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 12:31 PM   #8
zjolsen

Drives: 17 ZL1 1LE Clone
Have the alignment specs handy? Go in tomorrow and would love to see what Pete provided you.
zjolsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 08:51 PM   #9
KiloRomeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by zjolsen View Post
Have the alignment specs handy? Go in tomorrow and would love to see what Pete provided you.
To be honest, I don't have a printout. But I know the front is right around 2 degrees of negative camber with zero toe, the rear is zero degrees camber, and zero degrees thrust angle, but outside of that I don't have the exact specs.
Old 04-07-2016, 08:52 PM   #10
KiloRomeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilir14 View Post
Not trying to hijack this thread but i had these in my 2011 camaro ss and for the stance they looks good but as far as a ride quality not so good i had them for about 10k miles before they started to leak thats just my experience with them
I hope thats not the case in regards to them leaking. The only upside is that since its a weekend only car, it'll take quite a while to rack up 10k on them.
Old 04-07-2016, 08:56 PM   #11
KiloRomeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrebusa View Post
Looks good, had the chance to hit any roads with them yet? Interested to see how they feel compared to factory setup.
I've hit a few twist roads so far, but the alignment make the biggest difference. I went with coilovers to springs just for the adjustability of ride height. The stock setup does ride a bit better. But I personally prefer the ride of these. Then again, with these you do have the option to make them as soft or as firm as you'd like. I'm going to be putting my factory shocks/struts and springs up for sale this weekend in the classifieds if anyone is interested PM me. They'll be shipped in the box that the coilovers came in.
Old 04-07-2016, 09:45 PM   #12
1leWorksforMe

Drives: 1le
I find it hard to believe BC coilovers are going to handle better than the stock 1le setup but hey, whatever floats your boat. No ones really a fan of wheel gap so I get it.
1leWorksforMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 10:51 PM   #13
KiloRomeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1leWorksforMe View Post
I find it hard to believe BC coilovers are going to handle better than the stock 1le setup but hey, whatever floats your boat. No ones really a fan of wheel gap so I get it.
I will say, I think the alignment made the biggest difference. I do agree the factory setup, rides better than stock. I went coilovers for the adjustability in ride height. I never had the false sense of hope that the coilovers would handle or ride better than stock.
Old 04-07-2016, 10:55 PM   #14
Explit Player
IG @Brian_ _Self

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6+17'Tesla Model S
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1leWorksforMe View Post

Atleast it isn't a 1LE on bags